Make suggestion... horribly unsuited for Subnautica (Below Zero Edition)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Holy crap you found a Dalek?? WTF yo, we're all bloody doomed!!!
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Don't make me use anti tank weaponry man

giphy.gif

Also
    giphy.gif

That guy is on something, since we can't have any kind of weapons

SUBNAUTICA NEED KUN-FU, THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    How about a survival solar still? You know, WW2 era technology for flyers crashed in the ocean. Bladderfish would appreciate it.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    How about a survival solar still? You know, WW2 era technology for flyers crashed in the ocean. Bladderfish would appreciate it.

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT!?!?

SUN? GLASS JARS?

THIS TECHNOLOGY IS TOO ADVANCED!
    And how about allowing the player character to mantle, that is climb up short distances? You make a Foundation not even a foot out of the water and you can't get on top of it except maybe porpoising out of the water with the Seaglide. And similar low obstacles on land might as well be walls over your head.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    And how about allowing the player character to mantle, that is climb up short distances? You make a Foundation not even a foot out of the water and you can't get on top of it except maybe porpoising out of the water with the Seaglide. And similar low obstacles on land might as well be walls over your head.

You can always misuse the builder tool and exit displacement to climb. Someone else even managed to shoot leviathans into orbit with it. I always suspected the builder tool to have incredible secret backdoor functionalities since lethal weapons vanished from Alterra and torpedos have mutated into effect show generators.

So my next suggestion is to have more useless torpedos for the show:
    • Decoy torpedos to show leviathans the way, while you take the other
    • Illumination torpedos to light up the dark with colors and for underwater fireworks
    • Dark star torpedos if you feel lonely and need someone to talk to, other than the emperor
    I think perhaps our character has spend too much time in microgravity, giving him weak toothpick bones, and explaining, at least in part, his horribly deformed appearance.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Oh, another thing we need:

Talking devices:
    • Mr. Coffee - advertising his menu: coffee, coffee or coffee
    • The Bioreactor - you only hear his stomach growling if he's empty
    • The Nuclear reactor - "tic tac tic tac ... only joking"
    • The Scanner room - "I've found large amounts of water" "I want to be mobile"
    • The Radio - Can't stop talking and sometimes plays Reaper mating songs
    zetachron wrote: »

Talking devices:
    • Mr. Coffee - advertising his menu: coffee, coffee or coffee
    • The Bioreactor - you only hear his stomach growling if he's empty
    • The Nuclear reactor - "tic tac tic tac ... only joking"
    • The Scanner room - "I've found large amounts of water" "I want to be mobile"

"You call this a scanner room? What's all this bubbling and churning?"

"No sir, we call it 'Mister Coffee.'"

"Of course. I knew that. I always get coffee before I look at scans. Everybody knows that right?"

Talking devices:

And when The Radio is tuned to 85.2 FM....

And last but not least, Talkie Toaster! Limited conversation skills though....
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Tales from your AI personalities

Radio: "Good Morning, Sir. Another day in this underwater hell. I hope my circuit never gets wet. Last night I have received an emergency call from that bloke Jochi Kasar who thinks he is the greatest. Of course your sleep was more important, so I delayed the message a bit. Here you are ..."
    "This signal should give you the coordinates. Just in case you are unlucky enough to save him in time and share your base with him as his servant I have ordered the Moonpool to charge up your Seamoth for an expedition."
    Moonpool: "Stop giving me orders. And always when the master is asleep. I hate getting orders from a secondary AI like you."
    "Master, the Seamoth is ready and I've equipped it with a scanner, electrodefense, solar recharge and some torpedos."
    Seamoth: "Oh boy, oh boy, I'm so excited. I like to drive over those fish and shock those lovesick sharks."
    Scanner room: "Wait sir, I've detected a large organic mass approaching our base with high speed. It looks like a Reaper leviathan approaching from south."
    Prawn suit: "Hah, let him come and meet me, the Prawn of Plasteel. I'll drill him back from where he came from."
    Player: "Quiet all. Scanner room, is the leviathan approaching from below or above?"
    Scanner room: "Yes."
    Player: "Yes, what?"
    Scanner room: "Yes, sir!"
    Cyclops: "I knew it. We are all doomed. Who designed this stupid AI?"
    Mr. Coffee: "Yeah, the duck of the ocean wants to tell other AIs how to work."
    Cyclops: "It's duke. I'm the most advanced submarine of Alterra."
    Mr. Coffee: "If my coffee would taste like you dive, we'd all be dead by now."
    Player: "Silence. We must work together or we'll never escape this planet."
    Power Cell recharger: "I like it here. I've never had an ion power cell recharged before. They are so powerful and juicy. Let's stay here forever."
    Mr. Coffee: "Oh no ... I hope we can leave before it's too late."

Come back next month when this episode rocks into space.

That's a claptrap waiting to happen :D
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Tales from your AI personalities

Radio: "Good Morning, Sir. Another day in this underwater hell. I hope my circuit never gets wet. Last night I have received an emergency call from that bloke Jochi Kasar who thinks he is the greatest. Of course your sleep was more important, so I delayed the message a bit. Here you are ..."
    "This signal should give you the coordinates. Just in case you are unlucky enough to save him in time and share your base with him as his servant I have ordered the Moonpool to charge up your Seamoth for an expedition."
    Moonpool: "Stop giving me orders. And always when the master is asleep. I hate getting orders from a secondary AI like you."
    "Master, the Seamoth is ready and I've equipped it with a scanner, electrodefense, solar recharge and some torpedos."
    Seamoth: "Oh boy, oh boy, I'm so excited. I like to drive over those fish and shock those lovesick sharks."
    Scanner room: "Wait sir, I've detected a large organic mass approaching our base with high speed. It looks like a Reaper leviathan approaching from south."
    Prawn suit: "Hah, let him come and meet me, the Prawn of Plasteel. I'll drill him back from where he came from."
    Player: "Quiet all. Scanner room, is the leviathan approaching from below or above?"
    Scanner room: "Yes."
    Player: "Yes, what?"
    Scanner room: "Yes, sir!"
    Cyclops: "I knew it. We are all doomed. Who designed this stupid AI?"
    Mr. Coffee: "Yeah, the duck of the ocean wants to tell other AIs how to work."
    Cyclops: "It's duke. I'm the most advanced submarine of Alterra."
    Mr. Coffee: "If my coffee would taste like you dive, we'd all be dead by now."
    Player: "Silence. We must work together or we'll never escape this planet."
    Power Cell recharger: "I like it here. I've never had an ion power cell recharged before. They are so powerful and juicy. Let's stay here forever."
    Mr. Coffee: "Oh no ... I hope we can leave before it's too late."

Come back next month when this episode rocks into space.

This reminds me of the Old World Blues from Fallout New Vegas. We just need a psychotic toaster.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    Replace the current story with @Julian1337331nailuJ 's master piece

If you don't understand the reference your too young in the fourms

elaborate please. When i click on name theyre banned

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146366/the-story-of-julian-the-one-and-only-survivor-of-the-rich-clan-airship#latest
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    The emperor as a love interest, with mass effect style sex scenes.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    Why build a puny little rocket on the surface when you can build a capital ship underwater?

7wwh77xzmpm4.jpg

edited June 2017
    Space, the final frontier. Screw that let's go swimming everyone, pool partyyyyyy!
    Absolutely necessary addition to subnautica:

An underwater rover and a mean to build flat road and bridges across the sea floor, plus a special garage for it.

It think it will bring a revolutionary feeling of legitimate science to Subnautica

>:)
    Change the PDA messages to say "another lifepod needs your help" when you get signals.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Change the PDA messages to say "another lifepod needs your help" when you get signals.
    How about PDA messages that blame you for the deaths of the people inside, because you didn't get there fast enough?
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Change the PDA for GladOS. Imagine the joys of swimming on an alien planet, with the only company being a passive agressive AI, and you simply can't get rid of it...
    Have your radio receive.... SPAM and advertisement.

"Hot single women in the Orion nebula want to meet YOU!"

"Hot single women in the Orion nebula want to meet YOU!"

the survivor is busy eating

hears message

looks at the food

looks at what remains of the posterior of the Holefish he is eating, in silent contemplation

I need to get off this planet...
  • seadragon_lit7seadragon_lit7 Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231354Members
    If Subnautica gets multiplayer there should be a mode where one player is the survivor and the other one is the sea monsters. The player that is not the survivor can be any of the sea monsters in the appropriate zone. The goal for the survivor is to get off the planet. The player that is the sea monsters' goal is to kill the survivor before he gets off the island. There could be limited amount of deaths for the survivor.
    Carar is cured by directing a tachyon beam from the main deflector dish into the player's anus.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Carar is cured by directing a tachyon beam from the main deflector dish into the player's anus.

Aww hell... all that will do is flatten the characters hairdo.
    B)
  • cyberfish2944cyberfish2944 iowa Join Date: 2017-07-02 Member: 231531Members
    How about Smilling Squid the use sub dealer with used subs for sale
  • cyberfish2944cyberfish2944 iowa Join Date: 2017-07-02 Member: 231531Members
    Zetachron, Mate it`s all ready too late
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    How about Smilling Squid the use sub dealer with used subs for sale

HI! I'm Rick Harrison and this is my PRAWN shop!