Suggestion: Dead Eater

OswaldHarringtonOswaldHarrington Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218342Members
edited January 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
A mysterious entity that lived in the dead zone where nobody survived.
Type: Fauna
Attitude: Aggressive.
Biome: Dead Zone.
Resources: None.
Damage. Swallow: Instant kill, Electric shot: 60 damage, Tentacle grab: 60 health= instant kill, otherwise 25 damage.
Physical features: Giant Charybdis-like body, twelve long giant tentacles, three rows of teeth to grind up prey, four sets of yellow glowing eyes.
1. Tentacles extreme adhesiveness allow it to constrict & hold prey with no chance of escape.
2. Diet shows it’s an omnivore.
3. Show immunity to the alien bacterium Kharaa.
4. Extinction of most fauna in the Dead Zone was possibly caused by the Dead Eater.
5. Size is estimated to be about 4000 meters in length.
6. Three rows of teeth spin like a saw blade to grind up prey.
7. studies suggest there is only one of its kind.
8. Little to no mobility.

Prey: Everything
Predators: Unknown
Assignment. Question: why would you want to go the Dead Zone?

New story: The Dead Eater is a mysterious entity with little to nothing known about it, legend says it was the oldest fauna on Plant 4546B that then buried itself deep into the depths of the oceans until it reached the Dead Zone, but that’s just a rumor.

Original story: The Dead Eater was the first fauna born on Planet 4546B that then buried itself deep into the sea floor to a place where life is almost non-existent, the Dead Zone, an enormous barren area that is today full of ghost leviathan, a leviathan-class specie. Evidence predicts that the Dead Eater is about 9,000 years old.

(Note 1: This idea was my idea to keep players in the playable area.)
(Note 2: The Dead Eater will mess with the PDA when the player gets to about 2900 meters)
(Note 2A: PDA dialogue below)
1. 1000 meters. PDA: Dead Zone appears to support Ghost Leviathan & something even worst.
2. 1700 meters. PDA: Leviathan-class life signatures seem to have decreased to medium, the odd life signature appears to be far away.
3. 2260 meters. PDA: Leviathan-class life signatures seemed to decrease to minimal, (glitches): keep going.
4. 2400 meters. PDA: No leviathan-class life signatures found, single lone life signature close, (glitches): recommend studying.
5. 2650 meters. PDA: (glitches): Wa-ning -rror st-ong cry-tic life sign-tur- cl-se.
6. 2900 meters. PDA: (corrupted): Come closer, closer…. Find what you seek…
7. 3000 meters. PDA: (corrupted): Let it come to you. *Dead Eater wakes up & seals the escape up, keeping you stuck to die.

(Note 4: This has little chance to get in the game now that Subnautica is approaching its full release date.)

Comments

• tcupistcupis Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231080Members
    I like this idea but it needs a purpose, maybe it guards a resource or wreck - otherwise cool!
  • OswaldHarringtonOswaldHarrington Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218342Members
    edited June 2017
    tcupis wrote: »
    I like this idea but it needs a purpose, maybe it guards a resource or wreck - otherwise cool!

It has a purpose. To keep players in the Playable Area. But I have many more ideas to write up. thanks for your advice.
    (Note 2: This is an idea I had to keep players in the playable area.)
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    So, it's a Mary Sue monster that accomplishes nothing? Pass.

Last I checked, boredom was a perfectly good "wall" to keep players in the only interesting area.
    edited June 2017
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    So, it's a Mary Sue monster that accomplishes nothing? Pass.

Last I checked, boredom was a perfectly good "wall" to keep players in the only interesting area.

Yeah, I guess, your right. Thanks for your advice. Although The Admin either plan to add Reaper Leviathans and Ghost Leviathans to the void to kill the player keeping them from leaving the playable area completely or fix the Void. https://trello.com/c/b01KasIo
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    Something as cool as that would be a damn waste for the void.
    Kellise wrote: »
    Something as cool as that would be a damn waste for the void.

Thank you for your advice. There are more ideas of mine to come to this forum soon.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Good design of many entities requires balance. Sticking on many powerful abilities, adding invulnerability, and even instakills? That is not balance. They might as well just have a really long tentacle attached to nothing, that reaches in from out of fog distance, and pulls the sub past crush depth. Lot less modeling.

Or... ever play the Zubmariner DLC for Sunless Sea? Massive eyes near gigantic toothy maws on the seafloor are pretty creepy when either open.
  • WolfGamerWolfGamer Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231565Members
    i was thinking the gargantuan levithan from the lost river would be a void guarder