Spectating

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
I think that the spectator HUD needs a complete overhaul. It just looks a little messy and strange for a game with a pretty polished HUD for in-game players. Perhaps as a change the team player bars get modified so that they don't look so intrusive on the screen (get rid of the bright blue/orange colors, it stands out too much). Same with the tech point box, just tweak it to look less intrusive. Does anybody have any better ideas on how to improve on the spectator HUD?

Comments

• DilligafDilligaf Join Date: 2014-05-25 Member: 196238Members
    Just a simple remove HUD button is all i want so i can record matches/moments.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2017
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    Just a simple remove HUD button is all i want so i can record matches/moments.

Try r_gui in the console ;) You could even bind it to a key via using bind KEY r_gui in the console.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Actually pressing the 4 button as spectator does remove the HUD unless you spectate first person.