Update 315 Now Live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    I just don't trust the button.... i don't think I've ever even clicked it.
  • BingoWingsBingoWings UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194253Members
    Try it, live a little, don't let your inhibitions hold you back!
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Last time I tried I joined a Westcoast us server with 170+ ping and 5ppl on it... I would never try to join it like that... ever
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If you'd like to try it without actually "trying" it, see how often you pick the top server in the server browser. (Or how often you would be happy with it.) They should be the same.
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members
    edited June 2017
    so now i have to move from "play" to "server browser" ? in the lower corner and then upp to the right to press "back"?
    edited June 2017
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2017
    jrgn wrote: »
    why the **** did u move the server browser? because **** up your ass? idiots

Yes. That's what it is. You got it. He got it folks! We can all go home now!
    well nice, less players than ever
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    jrgn wrote: »
    well nice, less players than ever

That has more to do with last year's change in game direction than anything else really.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Can you please stop spamming thank you.

Vetinari wrote: »
    Can you please stop spamming thank you.
    stay on topic
    The play button often lands me on a rookie only server. I'm not one of the green people any more so it'd be nice if it was set not to put non rookies on rookie only servers. Also a setting where you could set it not to put you on certain language servers would be nice, as I can't speak Russian.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2017
    BingoWings wrote: »
    The play button often lands me on a rookie only server. I'm not one of the green people any more so it'd be nice if it was set not to put non rookies on rookie only servers. Also a setting where you could set it not to put you on certain language servers would be nice, as I can't speak Russian.

Which level does the main menu display for you before you end up at a rookie only server? I had a quick look at the code and found a bug in regards to that quick play will fail if it doesn't receive a level from hive. So thanks for your report.

But otherwise you shouldn't end up at a rookie only server with a level higher or equal to 25. I also added a server language option to the todo which we kinda need to identify which servers we should avoid for players not speaking given language.
    I'm level 25. I thought rookie only servers were for green named people exclusively, has that now changed?
  • antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    This is probably your Hive profile: https://observatory.morrolan.ch/player/28045
    You were still level 24 yesterday (yes I checked :) )
    antou, Yeah, that's me. I haven't gone into the noob rooms so far since I've gone into 25 so it's working as intended.

As well as the language thing, the quick play button can also put you into servers where you don't meet the requirements as in hours played. There is a couple of 8 bit gamers servers that require 25+ hours or 50+ hours. I've only just passed 50 hours and a couple of times before I was quick played into a server to be met with an "you will be kicked in 60 seconds" message. I can now play on that server and last night I was seeing a fair few users getting that experience, so it would be good if that could be avoided as well.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    BingoWings wrote: »
    antou, Yeah, that's me. I haven't gone into the noob rooms so far since I've gone into 25 so it's working as intended.

As well as the language thing, the quick play button can also put you into servers where you don't meet the requirements as in hours played. There is a couple of 8 bit gamers servers that require 25+ hours or 50+ hours. I've only just passed 50 hours and a couple of times before I was quick played into a server to be met with an "you will be kicked in 60 seconds" message. I can now play on that server and last night I was seeing a fair few users getting that experience, so it would be good if that could be avoided as well.

A server that restricts who can play probably should be excluded from Quick Play...