Redone Suggestion: Night Stalker

OswaldHarringtonOswaldHarrington Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218342Members
edited June 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
A mysterious humanoid creature that ambushes it's prey from the dark.
Type: Fauna.
Attitude: Aggressive.
Damage. Slash: 8, Bite: 16, Throw: 6.
Physical Features: Bat-like head, Six orange eyes, Two rows of sharp teeth, Humanoid body, Thin long arms, Downwards facing warper-like claws, four Shortish tentacles for legs, Dark Bluish Skin.
Spawns in: Blood Kelp Zone, Dunes, Grassy Plateaus, Kelp Forest, Mushroom Forest, Mountain, All Cave Biomes excluding Active and Inactive Lava Zones.
Resources: Night Stalker Egg, Night Stalker Claws.
1. Four tentacles propel itself around and can be used as a defense from attacks from behind.
2. One giant long claw on each hand that are used to grab its prey and slash at it.
3. Six eyes create bioluminescence to lure it's prey to it.
4. Comes out of hiding to roam at night.
5. Has two rows of sharp teeth that are used to pierce, and tear at their prey's flesh.
6. Afraid of Sunbow Eels, and Ampeels.
7. Can mimic the sounds of other fauna.

Prey: All Herbivore Fauna.
Predators: Sunbow Eels, Unknown.
Assessment: Avoid dark areas and carry a flashlight.

(Note 1: This is the V2 of the Night Crawler)
(Note 2: Here is the Original: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/143062/suggestion-night-crawler#latest)
(Note 3: I made another discussion because I don't know how to edit the original)

Comments

• crypticc62crypticc62 Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230650Members
    tentacles

100% this. How could there be a scary underwater survival game without tentacles? The fauna in Subnautica is already fairly diverse and imaginative, but... come on. Where are the tentacles?
  • FlanpanFlanpan UK Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230681Members
    So you are proposing a creature that has a similar shape to the warper?
    Is this supposed to be the creature before it was tampered with by the Precursors?
  • OswaldHarringtonOswaldHarrington Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218342Members
    Flanpan wrote: »
    So you are proposing a creature that has a similar shape to the warper?
    Is this supposed to be the creature before it was tampered with by the Precursors?

No, they're a different species. They weren't tampered with by the precursors. Their not warpers.
  • NickHowler337NickHowler337 Malaysia Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229250Members
    "No, they're a different species. They weren't tampered with by the precursors. Their not warpers"

"Physical Features: Bat-like head, Six orange eyes, Two rows of sharp teeth, Humanoid body, Thin long arms, Downwards facing warper-like claws, four Shortish] tentacles for legs, Dark Bluish Skin."
    Seems warper enough. I mean, look! ^
  • zimmymzimmym Australia Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225102Members
    I think that it would be a cool addition to the game given that it has the warper backstory as @Flanpan suggested.
    edited June 2017
    "No, they're a different species. They weren't tampered with by the precursors. Their not warpers"

"Physical Features: Bat-like head, Six orange eyes, Two rows of sharp teeth, Humanoid body, Thin long arms, Downwards facing warper-like claws, four Shortish] tentacles for legs, Dark Bluish Skin."

Okay. Let me answer what you're wrong about.
    1. Not all Humanoid Fauna have to be related to warpers.
    2. Thin Arms doesn't mean warper-like.
    3. I had a hard time describing the claws the NightStalker has so I used warper-like to describe them easily.
    4. Many Fauna have tentacles.
    5. NightStalkers cannot teleport.
    6. NightStalkers hide in dark Caves, warpers do not.
    Now, your kinda right (I forgot to add these to the main discussion)
    1. NightStalkers can somewhat understand Warper speech.
    2. NightStalkers translated speech reveal they rarely talk about the Precursors.
    3. NightStalkers have a 35% chance of being affected by Carar.
    zimmym wrote: »
    I think that it would be a cool addition to the game given that it has the warper backstory as @Flanpan suggested.

Well, I going to say they are related to the Precursor in someway.
  • NickHowler337NickHowler337 Malaysia Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229250Members

1. Not all Humanoid Fauna have to be related to warpers. Right.
    2. Thin Arms doesn't mean warper-like.Right again.
    3. I had a hard time describing the claws the NightStalker has so I used warper-like to describe them easily. At least say that
    4. Many Fauna have tentacles.Right 3X
    5. NightStalkers cannot teleport.Precursors modified them to teleport becoming warperd.
    6. NightStalkers hide in dark Caves, warpers do not. They COULD.
    2. NightStalkers translated speech reveal they rarely talk about the Precursors. Probably bc warpers are made by precursors.
    3. NightStalkers have a 35% chance of being affected by Carar. That belongs to the list up there.

edited June 2017

1. Not all Humanoid Fauna have to be related to warpers. Right.
    2. Thin Arms doesn't mean warper-like.Right again.
    3. I had a hard time describing the claws the NightStalker has so I used warper-like to describe them easily. At least say that
    4. Many Fauna have tentacles.Right 3X
    5. NightStalkers cannot teleport.Precursors modified them to teleport becoming warperd.
    6. NightStalkers hide in dark Caves, warpers do not. They COULD.
    2. NightStalkers translated speech reveal they rarely talk about the Precursors. Probably bc warpers are made by precursors.
    3. NightStalkers have a 35% chance of being affected by Carar. That belongs to the list up there.

I'm going to remake this again later to hopefully clear up some confusion and errors. I'm sorry if this 1st remake of the Night Crawler was confusing or poorly written.