When the next update?

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited April 2017
    On the Steam properties, click 'Opt into betas).

https://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/discussions/0/359547436748424896/

(Do this for Subnautica... borrowed from a different game I play.)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Right! Come on brothers unite! Lets chain ourselves to their fences and conduct a dirty protest at these delays!!!! :D
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Who still hasn't gotten naked !?!?
    :*
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »

What, you haven't yet?

This is embarrassing for you, isn't it?
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited April 2017
    Hurray!! Oh, and you beat me! I wanted to be first to say it was out. :)

I should post the Get Smart video, "Missed it by 'that' much". I just started a new game in experimental only yesterday. *sigh*
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    garath wrote: »
    Hurray!! Oh, and you beat me! I wanted to be first to say it was out. :)

I should post the Get Smart video, "Missed it by 'that' much". I just started a new game in experimental only yesterday. *sigh*

HEH I GOTCHA
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    See brothers, our chaining ourselves naked to their office doors and conducting a dirty protest worked!! Don't delay us again, Devs. It'll only get worse! :D
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Another 1.3 GB? Patch or a glitch on Steam?
    edited April 2017
    Fathom wrote: »

Big update, 'Silent Running', came out today.

Begin joke: If you are noticing the file size... 1.3GB... it may be time to upgrade your network speed. End Joke

(Sort of like... if you have to ask how much it costs...) :)
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    garath wrote: »
    Fathom wrote: »

Big update, 'Silent Running', came out today.

Begin joke: If you are noticing the file size... 1.3GB... it may be time to upgrade your network speed. End Joke

(Sort of like... if you have to ask how much it costs...) :)
    I already had that one. Then had to download it again. Hence me asking what's up.
    edited April 2017
    They definitely advanced the version number. It was 47249 when they first released. Now, it is 47282. I'll go check the notes on the latest check in to see what they fixed.

...Hopefully the bug I reported about damaging buildings with the knife... :) Nope... OH well..

Dunno... I read the latest check-ins but nothing jumped out at me. It's definitely pretty odd that they would release a new version... and then update it again on Steam for Stable. (I assume.)

Jamezorg wrote: »

What, you haven't yet?

This is embarrassing for you, isn't it?

What make you think I'm not always naked?
    B)
    edited June 2017
    I guess it's about time somebody asked this question again...

(< === volunteers)

B)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I guess it's about time somebody asked this question again...

(< === volunteers)

B)

Those update thread revivals ...

But I think if someone watched the experimental grow it got clear that the devs had to miss the deadline. Again we have another 1 month shift in the roadmap, but this time the roadmap can cope with it or another month delay until release.

Right now we can still fall through the clippings or fall into the portals void in the PCF, which means still some work for the PCF architecture. The hero peeper pipeline project is a bit ambitious. Also the Emperor dialog and final actions aren't finished.

With good luck maybe end of next week, otherwise probably mid June.

The rocket will be for July release then, although they could release it early with this update. But they want to keep it back.
    edited June 2017
    It wouldn't bother me a bit if They take Their sweet time and do it well, rather than quickly.

At this point, it also wouldn't bother me if They decided to wait till early in 2018 to release v1.0

I can play the game just fine in STABLE at this point, and I don't see that changing all that much between now and then.

I was just curious if anybody had heard or seen something recently.

B)
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    in the famous words of gabe newel "when its done!
    Higuide wrote: »

... and not a moment sooner.

B)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited June 2017
    Higuide wrote: »

It's coming Soon™!

Soon: Copyright 2004-2017 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
  • WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    21 June, I saw that on Trello
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    edited June 2017
    It wouldn't bother me a bit if They take Their sweet time and do it well, rather than quickly.

At this point, it also wouldn't bother me if They decided to wait till early in 2018 to release v1.0

I can play the game just fine in STABLE at this point, and I don't see that changing all that much between now and then.

I was just curious if anybody had heard or seen something recently.

B)

I don't like to rush things either but I also don't agree with leaving a game in development in perpetuity for the sake of nonstop 'tweaking'. FFXV was in development for ten years and still didn't come out that well.

I'm glad for you but I can't play the game in its current state, stable or experimental, so I am basically stuck waiting for 1.0 the idea that it could be a nother year or two would bother me. I want to play it in the right shape, but this has been in development since 2013 and I don't want to wait till 2020. I'd move on long before then.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited June 2017
    There's definitely a sweet spot with game development between releasing too soon and getting stuck in "development hell".

Releasing a game in the sweet spot seems to be dependent on good planning up front and discipline more than anything else. Games that are released too soon are often the result of a lack of discipline to avoid scope creep which eats up extra time, and/or poor initial planning that didn't provide a realistic schedule in the first place. Games that end up in "development hell" happen when you keep throwing time and resources at a game without a clear plan on what constitutes a finished game. Poor planning and lack of discipline to stick to a good plan also seem to be the root causes here.

With how much the schedule continues to slip, and how much of the game balance and systems the devs seem to be just now figuring out, it feels like there wasn't adequate or realistic planning up front (sadly, I see this over and over and over again in a myriad of companies, most of which should know better with how long they've been in business). At least it looks like they have discipline to stick to what they do have and release the game in the not too distant future, but there are some major game systems and map design issues that are highly unlikely to be fixed before 1.0 due to the amount of work it would require.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Herugrim wrote: »
    ...but I can't play the game in its current state, stable or experimental, so I am basically stuck waiting for 1.0 the idea that it could be a nother year or two would bother me. I want to play it in the right shape, but this has been in development since 2013 and I don't want to wait till 2020. I'd move on long before then.
    What do you need to be able to play the game now? What do you want to be included for the release version?
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    when the next update?
    edited September 2017
    PC's just got one two weeks ago.

They are hoping to do a 3-in-1 release on Xbox within a week or so.

I would imagine there won't be another one for PC's till sometime near the end of September at this point.
    B)
  • ZmanslasherZmanslasher Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237150Members
    hey... im new but anyone else think that subnotica on xbox needs mouse and keyboard support

....... by the way, great work on the xbox verson so far.
  • Morganic_GamingMorganic_Gaming Haleiwa Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237162Members
    Hey am I the only one who thinks there should be an “ancient creatures” dlc where you can see the creatures that went extinct millions of years swim around nd in the void or other large open areas. Or even given them their own biome far on the other side of the planet
  • Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    who disturbs my tomb, I will rise and eat your face off.