Nitpicking Subnautica :D

SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members

NOTE: THIS TEXT IS MEANT FOR FUN PURPOSES ONLY!!!!!!! DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-If you paid attention in the intro, you know that the Aurora clearly blew up BEFORE it hit the Ground...

-Of course im the only survivor... Survival game cliche, jeez...

-My lifepod fell apart before i even crashed.

-All Alterra tech looks like Apple products.

-The lady in my helmet is a discount GLaDOS! Just more annoying...

-The AEP suit States it will protect you against a "universe of infinite danger" even though its not even proof against radiation.

-The Aurora blows up again.

-The med kit fabricator runs on thin air.

-The precursors (Aka forerunners) built the quarantine enforcement platform (Aka Halo) to make sure the Carar (Aka flood) didnt escape.

-The pressure at 100m below sea lvl dont kill.

-I know a friend who does Scuba, and she says that you are supposed to use your legs when diving. Not your arms.

-I can build a submarine, but not a Harpoon? What the sh*t!?

-I cant even finish the game! Early access bruh!!! ;D

Now its your turn to nitpick!! Go ahead!!! ;3

Comments

• eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    "The med kit fabricator runs on thin air" always bugged me, also we used to be able to fab the Med kits with the main fabricator. I can't recall the recipe, I think it was rubber and some thing else.

I wish we had to preload it with the old recipe items, then let it do its thing and make the kits over time.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    -The lady in my helmet is a discount GLaDOS! Just more annoying...
    Hey, real quality snark costs!

-I know a friend who does Scuba, and she says that you are supposed to use your legs when diving. Not your arms.
    The animations should have reflected actual underwater swimming. And diving is rather complex with correct breathing gases and decompression. The following just cover the first of these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathing_gas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_diving#Depth_ranges_in_underwater_diving
    "The med kit fabricator runs on thin air" always bugged me, also we used to be able to fab the Med kits with the main fabricator. I can't recall the recipe, I think it was rubber and some thing else.

I wish we had to preload it with the old recipe items, then let it do its thing and make the kits over time.
    It's still there. Under Personal Equipment, Bleach and Fiber Mesh combine to make a First Aid Kit.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    edited May 2017

What? 10 atmospheres too much for you?

Truth. Now in commercial diving, I had a lot of weights on so didn't really have to kick much. More like walk slowly.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    NerdyEric wrote: »
    Sin Counter : 13

Sentence : Underwater Minecraft

You forgot the most important sin.

"Game does not contain a lap dance. *DING*"
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    All this base building, even a bed, but no toilet or shower. Seriously missed opportunity. What's a survival situation without the sudden inopportune need to take a dump? Health, food and water maximums should go down over time and can get replenished when using the facilities.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Ey @Fathom, that was a nitpick for me on NS as well all maps lacking bathrooms... Soo.... I made a sign at the locker rooms, telling people there's a bathroom behind a door in my map :D
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Game is too wet!

To use another meme... 7.8/10, too much water.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Underwater animals make land animal noises. Scandal!
    edited May 2017
    - Creature sounds are super awesome and super natural going through walls ey
    - "Welcome aboard captain" -Thanks Betty
    The base lady welcomes me when I leave and says nothing when I arrive. I think she is plotting to kill me in my sleep.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    edited May 2017
    Fathom wrote: »
    Ey @Fathom, that was a nitpick for me on NS as well all maps lacking bathrooms... Soo.... I made a sign at the locker rooms, telling people there's a bathroom behind a door in my map :D
    Best design I could come up with:
    utp7sizvnhf5.jpg

That's the back of a locker behind the planter, I'm guessing (I so rarely look at the back of lockers), but what's that under it, making that ring-shaped stand looking thing? You can't put hatches in the bottom of corridors, so what is that? Very clever, BTW.

Oh, right, nitpicks, I almost forgot.

1.) Why is there no coffee maker in the Aurora snack bar / canteen thingy? Makes more sense than the vending machine...

2.) If the engine room lost "dark matter" containment, and it's buried way back in the spaceframe where you find it in-game... then why did the bow of the ship blow out like that? Shouldn't she have been cut in half?

3.) Not that I'm ungrateful to be able to do so, but how do Crashfish breed in an Alien Containment chamber without their little "nests"... and going through their explosive stage? For that matter, why do we never see any non-nesting (and, according to the Encyclopedia, therefore non-explosive) Crashfish? At least for that second part one can assume it's "nesting season" during your adventure...

4.) Again, not that I'm ungrateful for sparing the resources, but how come all that radiation fails to kill any damned thing at all - especially those damned Reapers - around the Aurora no matter how long it takes you to fix it? Yet it can kill you in a couple of minutes... A Reaper should have been good for what, an hour or two, max?
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited May 2017
    orobouros wrote: »
    utp7sizvnhf5.jpg

That's the back of a locker behind the planter, I'm guessing (I so rarely look at the back of lockers), but what's that under it, making that ring-shaped stand looking thing? You can't put hatches in the bottom of corridors, so what is that? Very clever, BTW.

1.) Why is there no coffee maker in the Aurora snack bar / canteen thingy? Makes more sense than the vending machine...

2.) If the engine room lost "dark matter" containment, and it's buried way back in the spaceframe where you find it in-game... then why did the bow of the ship blow out like that? Shouldn't she have been cut in half?

3.) Not that I'm ungrateful to be able to do so, but how do Crashfish breed in an Alien Containment chamber without their little "nests"... and going through their explosive stage? For that matter, why do we never see any non-nesting (and, according to the Encyclopedia, therefore non-explosive) Crashfish? At least for that second part one can assume it's "nesting season" during your adventure...

4.) Again, not that I'm ungrateful for sparing the resources, but how come all that radiation fails to kill any damned thing at all - especially those damned Reapers - around the Aurora no matter how long it takes you to fix it? Yet it can kill you in a couple of minutes... A Reaper should have been good for what, an hour or two, max?

Looks like a ladder drop, but I don't see how it could be. Good snag on the back of the locker; I sure couldn't place it. :)
    edited May 2017
    orobouros wrote: »
    utp7sizvnhf5.jpg

Looks like a ladder drop, but I don't see how it could be. Good snag on the back of the locker; I sure couldn't place it. :)

It's definitely got the outline of a ladder drop, and (though I'm not sure how you could force it), it apparently is possible for ladder tops to orient either way ("front/back" or "left/right") in a corridor, so that could be what the locker is supposed to be hiding. That nice-looking ring base around the planter, though, that's not part of any hatch or ladder arrangement I've ever seen, nor is it part of the planter model. Really killing me not knowing what that is.
  • Amazing_AquacatAmazing_Aquacat North Texas Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230676Members
    Stillsuit doesn't automatically malfunction after first encounter with a Reaper Leviathan.

Stillsuit doesn't produce extra after Leviathan encounter.
    edited May 2017
    - That peeper looked at me funny... But which eye eyed me, or did it eye with it's one eye. What's in the eye of a Peeper... Peeper how do you work!?
  • Amazing_AquacatAmazing_Aquacat North Texas Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230676Members
    - That peeper looked at me funny... But which eye eyed me, or did it eye with it's one eye. What's in the eye of a Peeper... Peeper how do you work!?

When you look into the Peeper, the Peeper looks into you.

giphy.gif
    edited May 2017

You can put hatches in the bottom of a corridor section. It'spart of how I made an airlock for my recent base.

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited May 2017

But the Eye-Eye actually peeps through you.

B)
  • SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members
    " Ellen Mclain is too expensive they said "
    Cara Mia Addio... ;(
  • SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members
    And speaking of portal...

"Dear Alterra"
    "May you be so kind and f%ck up every single lifepod until it somewhat works, so we can test how a lone survivor reacts to being stuck on an ocean planet?"
    "Sincerely, Aperture science"

Guess i cant really sue them...
    Because it said in the flyers we were going somewhere with a pool...

• FlashWoolFumbleFlashWoolFumble Join Date: 2017-03-18 Member: 229033Members
    I give Subnautica a 7.8/10 IGN Too much water
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    There are no pack predators in Subnautica.

I am disappointed that there are no pack predators in Subnautica.

It could have resulted in some interesting gameplay if there were pack predators in Subnautica.

• JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    And we can't be a Stalker Whisperer either.

Pack hunters hmm?

It could have resulted in some interesting gameplay if there were pack predators in Subnautica.

Maybe they aren't employing special tactics beyond "Get 'em!", but I call it a "pack" when 3 or more toothy things attack at once, at least when they're my size or larger. By that measure, everything except Leviathans come in freaking packs in this game. Even Warpers, though pairs are more common there I have seen 3 at a time.

"Oh, there's a boneshark up ahead. I guess I'll just swerve to the left and... nope, two more over here, okay, just dive under them and -" WHAMWHAMWHAM - "oops, there were 3 below me and now another coming up from behind..." Yeah. No pack predators my arse.