- Deploy 3 crabsnakes to C3
    - Move 1 crabsnake from IG2 to EC
    - Move 1 crabsnake from EC to O3
    - Deploy 1 reefback to O3
    - Deploy 1 reefback to C2
    - Deploy 1 reefback to C3
    - Attack D3 with 14 crabsnakes and 3 reefbacks

FIELD REPORT PHLX/89P/034 – PHALANX UNIT:
    If you've never seen a giant Crabsnake plowing through enemy forces like a Tiger Plant spike, then I pity you. It's not something you readily forget.

After TIP OF THE SPEAR - sorry, Operation Brotherhood was completed (with not a single allied casualty, I might add), morale among the troops has been at an all-time high. I haven't seen anyone this happy since the UCR recaptured Entrance C, and that's saying something.

Word from up top is that the war is almost over. I'm inclined to think they're right. We've nearly pushed through to the Lava Castle, and the FMMA and GCSC aren't far behind. I hear the N-LAP's not doing too well over on the Western Front; poor buggers don't have nearly enough materiel or manpower to break through enemy lines.

It came to me when I was talking to Drago, right before we attacked - I honestly didn't think about what I'd do when the war ended. All I've really known is conflict - one of my first memories was hearing of the coup against Gogunad. I wanted so desperately to believe in what the EPCA was preaching, but everywhere I looked, all I saw was war. The War of Five Fish, the Green War, the slaughter of Blackwater - all around me, there was nothing about death.

I talked with a few of the UCR rank-and-file. Except for Drago, I don't really know any UCR troops that well, but since we're fighting for all of Aboveworld's species, I figure I might as well get to know them. They're young and idealistic - a lot like how I wanted to be, a long, long, time ago. A lot have mates back home, and some of them even have children. It's funny - the idea of children was something I gave up on a while ago.

Maybe after the war is over, I should take some time to relax - after all, I think I've earned it. Travel around, see what the ocean has to offer, meet some new people. Maybe I'll help out with the relief efforts over in the Grand Reef - a Crabsnake I talked to, Pylus, tells me they could always use more hands.

*horn blows*

Looks like it's time to move out. If we succeed, we're one step closer to beating Pater...and one step closer to going home.

Rychus out.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Moving for both @Skope and me:

If you've never seen a giant Crabsnake plowing through enemy forces like a Tiger Plant spike, then I pity you. It's not something you readily forget.

After TIP OF THE SPEAR - sorry, Operation Brotherhood was completed (with not a single allied casualty, I might add), morale among the troops has been at an all-time high. I haven't seen anyone this happy since the UCR recaptured Entrance C, and that's saying something.

Word from up top is that the war is almost over. I'm inclined to think they're right. We've nearly pushed through to the Lava Castle, and the FMMA and GCSC aren't far behind. I hear the N-LAP's not doing too well over on the Western Front; poor buggers don't have nearly enough materiel or manpower to break through enemy lines.

It came to me when I was talking to Drago, right before we attacked - I honestly didn't think about what I'd do when the war ended. All I've really known is conflict - one of my first memories was hearing of the coup against Gogunad. I wanted so desperately to believe in what the EPCA was preaching, but everywhere I looked, all I saw was war. The War of Five Fish, the Green War the slaughter of Blackwater, - all around me, there was nothing about death.

I talked with a few of the UCR rank-and-file. Except for Drago, I don't really know any UCR troops that well, but since we're fighting for all of Aboveworld's species, I figure I might as well get to know them. They're young and idealistic - a lot like how I wanted to be, a long, long, time ago. A lot have mates back home, and some of them even have children. It's funny - the idea of children was something I gave up on a while ago.

Maybe after the war is over, I should take some time to relax - after all, I think I've earned it. Travel around, see what the ocean has to offer, meet some new people. Maybe I'll help out with the relief efforts over in the Grand Reef - a Crabsnake I talked to, Pylus, tells me they could always use more hands.

*horn blows*

Looks like it's time to move out. If we succeed, we're one step closer to beating Pater...and one step closer to going home.

Rychus out.

Choose a number from 1 to 10.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Moving for both @Skope and me:

It came to me when I was talking to Drago, right before we attacked - I honestly didn't think about what I'd do when the war ended. All I've really known is conflict - one of my first memories was hearing of the coup against Gogunad. I wanted so desperately to believe in what the EPCA was preaching, but everywhere I looked, all I saw was war. The War of Five Fish, the Green War the slaughter of Blackwater, - all around me, there was nothing about death.

*horn blows*

Rychus out.

Choose a number from 1 to 10.

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Battle report:

link: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

EPCA + UCR attacks D3 with 14 crabsnakes and 3 reefbacks

Lava Empire defends D3 with 1 Sea Dragon

Powers:

UCR = have a 1/10 summon the ancient god Snekzilla. If this happens, then they automatically win the engagement.

Chosen number for Snekzilla = 6

Dice of summoning = 3

Summoning failed. Proceeding with attack

Dice values

UCR+EPCA = 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1

Lava Empire = 5, 4, 3, 1

Attack succesfull. UCR+EPCA conquered with 14 crabsnakes and 3 reefbacks.
    Updated map:

3Td6pB1.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reinforcements

@PaterAestus

2 Spine Eels

1 Lava Lizard
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    REINFORCEMENTS

I place 1 Spine Eel on D2

I place 1 Spine Eel on O8

I place 1 Spine Eel on C1

MOVEMENTS

I split the Sea Dragon on D1 into Lava Lizards and move 2 of those Lizards to C1.

ATTACKS

I attack C3 with just the Sea Dragon from D2. Should this attack be successful, I continue with a combined attack with the units on C1 on C2.

I make a combined attack on EC in Entrance A with all units on C8, O8, and O9.

And I, Pater Aestus, with the units from D4, attack D3, mainly on the Reefbacks if possible.
    edited May 2017
    REINFORCEMENTS

MOVEMENTS

I split the Sea Dragon on D1 into Lava Lizards and move 2 of those Lizards to C1.

ATTACKS

I attack C3 with just the Sea Dragon from D2. Should this attack be successful, I continue with a combined attack with the units on C1 on C2.

And I, Pater Aestus, with the units from D4, attack D3, mainly on the Reefbacks if possible.

Hm, I didn't get a notification of this. Weird.

You can deploy 2 Spine Eels and 1 Lava Lizard as reinforcements. Are you sure you want to proceed with your move?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    And @Skope, number 1 to 10.

I think that is just for attacks.

Snekzilla is a god of war, not protection.
    Skope wrote: »

I also thought that, but I checked before asking, and there is no specification:
    UCR = have a 1/10 summon the ancient god Snekzilla. If this happens, then they automatically win the engagement.

I'm not denying it. It makes sense Snekzilla to be summoned only on attacks, and this also surprised me. Snekzilla may very well end up killing Pater.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

I also thought that, but I checked before asking, and there is no specification:

I'm not denying it. It makes sense Snekzilla to be summoned only on attacks, and this also surprised me. Snekzilla may very well end up killing Pater.

It will be a team effort killing Pater. While Snekzilla may deliver the final blow, it will take all of our efforts to end him.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

It will be a team effort killing Pater. While Snekzilla may deliver the final blow, it will take all of our efforts to end him.

So a combined attack with all Aboveworld factions?
    Hm, Snekzilla won't work gameplay wise with the Sea Emperor unit. If there is a true god on this Elections world, that is Snekzilla, period. On the difficult case the summoning happens, and Snekzilla appears on the battlefield, it's insta-win for the Aboveworld.
    edited May 2017
    REINFORCEMENTS

MOVEMENTS

ATTACKS

Will roll dices with restrictions. The reason for this:

First attack: D2 and C3 aren't adjacent territories. Again, and please, this is not the first time I'm saying this, the only reason any moves/attacks can happen on a diagonal line such as C3 and EC at Entrance C is because the map had bad drawning before, and that move passed unchecked. This will not happen outside these two territories.

Second Attack: Can only be done by the territory O8, since because you deployed one reinforcement there, now it will stay with an occupation army and the attack can continue. The same can't be said of the other territories.

Third Attack: again, you can't simply say "other all units of territory x to attack" when there are different units on said territory, one including your occupation army. According to Risk rules, All territories must have at least one army on them.

That said, I'm rolling the dices for what I can work with the second and third attacks, since the first one is cancelled.
    edited May 2017
    Battle report: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

First battle:

Lava Empire attacks EC on Entrance A with 1 Spine Eel. Devorandum Confederacy defends with 2 Reapers and 2 Stalkers

1 Reaper = 3 Stalkers

Dice values

Lava Empire = 6

Devorandum Confederacy = 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1

Attack failed. Devorandum Confederacy holds EC on Entrace A with 2 Reapers and 2 Stalkers

Second battle:

Lava Empire attacks D3 with 1 Sea Dragon from D4 (4 armies) and 1 Sea Emperor. UCR and EPCA defends with 14 crabsnakes and 3 reefbacks. EPCA dices are counting ahead.

Active powers:

EPCA= "Shell Shock" = The will of the reefbacks is unbreakable, as is their armor. EPCA gains a +3 to any defending dice role value.

1 Emperor = 15 armies. Unique. Can’t be exchanged by the equivalent armies. 1 army is equal to 1 life point, being irreplaceable. If 15 defeats during the course of the game, the Emperor is defeated and the game ends.

UCR = have a 1/10 summon the ancient god Snekzilla. If this happens, then they automatically win the engagement. Because the Sea Emperor unit is also taking part on the engagement, this power is deactivated for this battle.

Dice values

Lava Empire = {6, 6, 6, 6}, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 ( Values between { } are the Sea Dragon)

EPCA+UCR = [6, 6, 5], 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 (Values between [ ] are the Reefbacks)

Sea Dragon reduced to 2 Lava Lizards. Pater Aestus' health reduced to 5 points

1 Reefback died. 3 Crabsnakes survived.

Second attack

Lava Empire = {6, 6}, 5, 5, 1 (Sorry, that time I calculated without the two extra dices. This doesn't represent Pater's actual health)

EPCA + UCR = [7, 5], 4, 2, 2

1 Lava Lizard remained. Pater's health reduced to 4 points.

1 Reefback died. 2 Crabsnakes died.

Third attack

Lava Empire = {5}, 5, 5, 1 ( for some reason, Rolz, didn't got the last command for dice)

Reefback + Crabsnake Veterans= [8], 5

Last Lava Lizard died. Pater's health reduced to 3 points.

Fourth attack

Pater Aestus = 5, 2, 1

Reefback + Crabsnake Veterans = [6], 3

Pater now has 1 health point

Fifth attack

Pater Aestus = 5

Reefback + Crabsnake Veterans = [4], 4

Reefback died.

Sixth Attack

Pater Aestus= 3

Crabsnake Veteran = 6

Pater Aestus has fallen. The war is over.
    Updated map. Lava Empire defeat aftermath.

zcs29Pd.jpg
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    knopm119g2ix.png

Commander Shren: Push forward! We shan't falter! Attack with strength and accuracy! Show no weakness! Deliver only your most fearsome blows! Sweep the battlefield! Make sure that there are no survivors on the other side of this war! Eat away at their forces, dissolve Pater's assets! Win this war for the Aboveworld!

Lieutenant Morovad: Commander!

Commander Shren: Lieutenant!

Lieutenant Morovad: There are Lava Lizard reinforcement swarming in from the north. ETA: twelve minutes or less.

Commander Shren: How many? Did you see?!

Lieutenant Morovad: Approximately two hundred, commander.

Commander Shren: Dammit... that's not enough. Order the scout team to attack them outright; make sure more Lava Lizards come to assist the others.

Lieutenant Morovad: Yes, commander! 8th and 16th Divisions, charge the approaching Lava Lizards ASAP!

Commander Shren: Come on, Pater... Show us what you've got...

Lieutenant Morovad: Commander; General Elkavik and other Devorandum Confederacy units are approaching from the west!

Commander Shren: Tell them about bloody time! The enemy is gaining height, lieutenant; they'll be diving down on us any minute now. Tell General Elkavik and his men to fight above whilst we deal with their bed forces!

Lieutenant Morovad: General Elkavik, when you arrive attack the Spine Eels that are above us; they'll be diving down on us soon and we don't have a sufficient counter. Over.

Commander Shren: They'll be here when?

Lieutenant Morovad: Four seconds, commander.

Commander Shren: Excellent.

1ma2081xi0vv.png

Commander Shren: So nice of you to make an appearance, General!

General Elkavik: Well, it's our last day, isn't it? The day our entire lives have led up to? The day we die. Well, why not turn my final hours into my finest?

Commander Shren: I'm glad you came, General.

Lieutenant Morovad: What's the plan, commander? I suggest we push round the walls of the Lava Zone and rendezvous with the EPCA and UCR at their entrance.

Commander Shren: Good plan, Lieutenant. If only we had more men.

Lieutenant Morovad: So... what's the actual plan?

Commander Shren: We'll be acting as a distraction for the FMMA, EPCA... all of them... They'll take the fight directly to Pater and hopefully put an end to his tyranny.

Lieutenant Morovad: What - how do we -

Commander Shren: We need to be as much of a nuisance as is possible. We need to divert as many forces from the east as we ca-

*A roar breaks the distant fog and a silhouette begins to form in the murk*

General Elkavik: Hahahaha! This is what I signed up for!

Lieutenant Morovad: Well... this is it...

Commander Shren: You got that right, lieutenant. This is it. Our finest hour.

7i2g4z4fqzms.png

Commander Shren: We shall destroy the reinforcements! We shall slay the dragon! Make as much noise as is possible! Divert all of Pater's attacks, and bring his entire army right here! We shall crush the lot, and our allies in the east will destroy the titan once and for all!

Lieutenant Morovad: Commander! Attack failed! The 8th and 16th Divisions have fallen, and the Lava Lizards are swarming on our location!

Commander Shren: General; you know what to do.

General Elkavik: Fight me, fire-breathing bastards!

Commander Shren: Lieutenant! We've got to get them closer! They're retreating into the Active Lava Zone via the crater just beneath us!

Lieutenant Morovad: I've just ordered a division of Bonesharks to protect the Active Lava Zone entrance, sir! They should be able to fend off those Spine Eels just fine.

Sergeant Valyrikka: Listen up, men! We've been ordered to protect this opening at all costs! If the Spine Eels are allowed to pass through then they'll become a greater problem in the future; something that we don't want to happen.

Private Sryll: How many Spine Eels do you think there are going to be?

Sergeant Valyrikka: I reckon there'll be at least eighty come to get into the Active Lava Zone. Good news is they'll all be cowards, and they'll all be quakin' in their boots! We ain't quakin' in nothin'! Us Bonesharks are as hard as steel, with a will of platinum and the bravery of fifty of those dragons up there! We've got it good, and they ain't.

Corporal Narryk: Here they come, Sergeant! At least ninety, like you said!

Sergeant Valyrikka: They picked the wrong day to mess with us, didn't they boys?! Le's get 'em!

m82dfgay30va.png

2vj19guroj4v.png

x6a00bf9mm48.png

Lieutenant Morovad: General Elkavik!

General Elkavik: What is it, puny Crabsquid?!

Commander Shren: I'm going to pretend I never heard that.

Lieutenant Morovad: You have Stalkers with you, yes?

General Elkavik: Of course I do! They are fast, manoeuvrable, they'll survive this longer than I do!

Lieutenant Morovad: Command your Stalkers to attack the invading Lava Lizards, if you please. They are overwhelming the northern front, and your Stalkers could be a needed addition to the line.

General Elkavik: Of course! Stalkers! Make your way north! Meet the Lava Lizards at the line, and kill them where they stand! Leave none alive!

Avilis Motoyara [STALKER GENERAL]: Swarm the Lava Lizards! Leave nothing of them! Use tornado tactics and wipe them out!

h3qofigmnyf2.png

at2dz1mi79ac.png

3whjvgopydql.png

s3u2zj50m551.png

Avilis Motoyara: Impossible... there are...

mpr7ud94t6da.png

Commander Shren: Haha! Two dragons! This is perfect! Two of Pater's most powerful monsters, and here they are fighting a dummy!

Lieutenant Morovad: You think this is a good thing?!

Commander Shren: Oh, Morovad!

General Elkavik: This is the best thing that's ever happened! Hahaha!

qbsnk713623v.png

General Elkavik: I'll try to get their attention, Commander! Then your men can pick them off without them turning around and blowing you all up!

Commander Shren: Let's hope.

Lieutenant Morovad: The Stalkers are requesting that they begin to swarm one of the dragons! There are also reports coming in of another squadron of Lava Lizards.

Commander Shren: Perfect. One less squadron in the east.

Lieutenant Morovad: General Elkavik; what do you think the Stalkers should do?

General Elkavik: Swarm one of the dragons, definitely! Any army can pick off some Lava Lizards, but only the best can take on a dragon. Does that fall in line with your master plan, Shren?

Commander Shren: My plan ended a long time ago. It had three steps, general; come here, get their attention, get way more attention.

Lieutenant Morovad: And wait for Pater to die.

Commander Shren: And wait for Pater to die. I guess we're on step four then.

8tm1311rpj7m.png

zq1cdyp0qxcs.png

General Elkavik: One of them's on my tail, commander! I got one of them!

Commander Shren: Excellent work! Tail it around a bit; zig-zag, spin, do whatever you have to do to keep it moving, just don't let it catch you.

General Elkavik: Of course, commander!

*A ball of fire blazes past Elkavik's face*

General Elkavik: Kill it sooner rather than later, people!

Lieutenant Morovad: Okay, I've sent the 1st and 5th Divisions to attack the dragon, although I'm not sure it'll do much! They're on their way now!

vkvufzinjj7f.png

Lieutenant Morovad: No... Impossible...

Commander Shren: No, you're right... that is impossible...

Lieutenant Morovad: Three more dragons? If Pater can afford to give up three more dragons, then how many does he have in the east? Is this entire operation just... in vain?

Commander Shren: ...

General Elkavik: The dragon's gaining on me!

Commander Shren: I'll do what I can, Elkavik! Just keep it distracted!

gi9nk6co73xk.png

s9nh8pxtgeuj.png

Lieutenant Morovad: No... It can't be... Please don't tell me it's true... Please, God, don't tell me it's tru-

Commander Shren: General, get out of there! Shake the thing off! Shake the dragon off, Elkavik, please!

General Elkavik: It's about to fire at me, Shren, it's too late.

Commander Shren: Get out of there! Please!

cccc1ootqfhn.png

ur5rktcmna8a.png

Commander Shren: General!

xogkx7pduzrr.png

General Morovad: It... it missed...

Lieutenant Morovad: Impossible... A dragon never misses, at least I've never seen one miss...

General Morovad: No, no, it turned... It turned... away... it turned to the east. It's not swimming anywhere, it just started... looking...

lsri88qbpf9m.png

Lieutenant Morovad: I'm getting word...

Commander Shren: From whom?!

Lieutenant Morovad: From the UCR! Apparently... Pater... Pater has been defeated.

Commander Shren: Are you sure?

General Elkavik: The dragons sure seem to be!

*All of the dragons begin to roar a painful roar. They then turn around, faster than ever*

Commander Shren: We did it, men.

General Elkavik: We did it...

Commander Shren: Now... Now we fight... We fight until our hearts have stopped. We fight for the living, we fight for the dead, we fight for everyone but ourselves. This is the last stage; the final chapter; the finest hour. Charge!

jl0eoiz8j8xz.png

l4y9rimvczjs.png

4g1v8kovb42j.png

hqj4vu06tsdc.png

51fz4j8hcwxo.png

zsqdvwnxb5ie.png

il1nygd8wlv5.png

hdv272fgcbqo.png

/Operation Log-12\

Pvt. Pumice: "... so let me just get this straight. I infiltrate the Primary Prison watchimaplace as a guard, record patrol schedules and other important stuff, and then help you cover the evacuation procedure?"

Noble Cleanser: "Excellent! I believe that should be enough recital exercises for your task. Now hurry to the prison!"

Pvt. Pumice: "Yessir!"

I'm confident that the Private will complete his task without fail. He's shown unfailing loyalty to those who bargain with him correctly.

I've made my way North in the direction of the Castle, cloak raised in the event that I accidentally bump into anyone on my trip. As I traveled, I began processing the information that the DJ and the director had given me. It made no sense; General Bite was seen transporting a casket towards the Thermal Power Generator. The facility would serve no purpose in the revival or burial of the body inhabiting the casket, which reports confirmed contains the body of the General's daughter Katyusha, who died in mortal combat with a Rock Puncher who swore fealty to the Ex-President of the N-LAP.

The only possible conclusion is that the General plans to upload the consciousness of his daughter into that bastardization of our Creator's technology. Studies had been performed by the IUPT (Illegal Use of Precursor Technology) contingency of Agent Research Associates on the superweapon, and while it was revealed that the construct could be powered by at least one uploaded organic mind, it was unknown as to how many minds could occupy the shell, or whether the mind occupying the vessel was deliberately laying dormant or had withered away for good.

My proximity sensors flared. Something of considerably massive size was moving above me. Looking up rewarded me with the sight of a Sea Dragon's armoured underside. The creature was heading North-west towards the DC/N-LAP front at a considerable speed, with a single-minded, almost murderous intent in it's eyes.

Decloaking, warping and re-cloaking several hundred meters in front of it revealed it's prey; a considerably large platoon of infantrymen, with a Reaper General among the ranks, celebrating over a heaped pile of Dragon, Lizard and Prowler corpses. Judging by the Dragon's current trajectory, it has it's sights affixed on the Reaper, who I have no doubt the reptile believes is the one who orchestrated this massacre.

The Dragon is starting to silently close in on the general, who's back is turned away from the incoming. I warp myself just before the Reaper's tail, facing the dragon's open maw with my limb raised, which is now oscillating at an extreme speed and prepared to slice through the creature's lower jaw.

I hope that Reaper doesn't mind wearing a Dragon-skin cloak.
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    edited May 2017
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited May 2017
    The time has finally come...

For me to come out of character!

Goodness, gracious, finally! You guys couldn't have killed Pater any sooner?! Man, if I stayed like him for much longer, I think I might have lost it.

That's right, it's time to see the man behind Pater! (Well, you won't actually see me. I'm not putting my own picture on the internet. I'm not that stupid.)

I might as well address some of the obvious questions that people are like to ask.

Skope said I was really good at Risk, and this was, well... bad.

Confession time, I might have, uh, well, *sigh* I gave up. As Casual guessed, I screwed myself over very early on. Usually, in Risk, more troops=equals better. But in this version, it's not that way. With such a small area for me to work in (half the map was completely off-limits for me) and 6 people against me, Pater needed every troop he could get. With the Crabsquids and the Mesmers and so forth, I shot myself in the foot. I realized this around, I don't know, turn 3 or 4, and the effort to try take back control would have been too high. So, I kind of resigned to the fact that Pater was doomed. I tried to see if I could get back into it with the Ampeel move, but I moved the Ampeel carelessly, and it could have gone over better.

TL;DR: I was a stupid, and said, "Screw it, I got deadlines."

You weren't really that great of a villain. What the heck?

Well believe it or not, I haven't ever acted as a villain before. Shocking, I know. While I love method acting, (long story short, you act like the character you're playing whenever you get the chance) method acting as a villain is pretty difficult. Especially when that character is some 30 odd-ton squid monster dictator.

If you want a good method actor villain, Heath Ledger gives the greatest example of how dangerous it is to method act as a villain can be. Google it at your own discretion, it's not pretty.

So to compensate for my lack of experience, I used other villains as bases for Pater, along with previous acting experiences (mainly an old character henchmen named Gargoroth, think Wormtail from Harry Potter and you're not far off)

So the main villain base I used was this guy from a Netflix show I watched.
    8yc10dbaxn3e.jpg
    10 bonus points for the person who can guess who this is and where he's from.

Needless to say, despite the precautions I took, Pater didn't turn out as good as I wanted him to.

And (for now) finally

Why, why, why, did you take so long to move. It takes like 10 minutes tops, what gives?!

As I previously mentioned, it takes a great deal of time to get into the character of Pater. Sometimes if I needed to get things done IRL, it threw off that train of thought, and I had to start over again. It was a difficult character, but not impossible. Hence, I actually moved after a while.

Sorry about the wait, but it was either Pater after 4 days, or Pater's weird, little, hippy brother after 1 day.

Don't worry, Pater will make his final words. Maybe not today, but I've started, and I promise everyone reading, you won't be disappointed.

This last chapter will be Pater's best.

Now, it's time that I take my leave. The Subnautica forums just couldn't handle the extreme amounts of oddity I would throw into it on a daily basis.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for accepting Pater (and therefore me) into this little circle of roleplay. It's really ignited some old acting passions of mine.

Until we meet again, my friends. Until we meet again.
    Should you have any further questions about whatever stupid action I made, PM Skope.

I'll leave him to that.

It's his punishment for suggesting that I make the Sea Emperor attack the Reefbacks.

Muahahahahahahaha >:)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Should you have any further questions about whatever stupid action I made, PM Skope.

I'll leave him to that.

It's his punishment for suggesting that I make the Sea Emperor attack the Reefbacks.

Gosh dangit Pater, why?!

I'll leave him to that.

Gosh dangit Pater, why?!

Ahem, so @Skope, it was you...

Do you have something to explain, hm?
    edited May 2017

I'll leave him to that.

Gosh dangit Pater, why?!

Ahem, so @Skope, it was you...

Do you have something to explain, hm?

Well, I, uh, no...

I mean, it, well, um...
    edited May 2017
    "We have confirmation. Pater engaged with EPCA and UCR forces to the south"

So, you choose to fight. This will end soon.

Gen. HAL took a sip of coffee on his flagship, the Intrepid, and pressing a button on the command console, spoke loud:

"Battlegroup Alpha, advance foward and engage Pater from behind. Battlegroup Beta, provide cover from the right flank. It's time to-

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRR

"Sir, multiple contacts inbound. Dragons are moving towards Pater. At least 8 leviathan class creatures can be identified by the sensors"

"How many enemy contacts?"

"Between Lava Lizards and Ampeels, 70. At least 20 Lava Larvas too. 10 Dragons are coming"

HAL pondered. There is no way he could defeat this force alone. But, if he let his troops be crushed here, then his allies would not survive further south.

Between a rock and a hard place indeed...

"Open a channel to the High Council. Now."

"Yes sir"

In front of his chair, the screen came to life. HAL waited until the line was clear, then was greeted by a familiar visage.

The face of a smiling man, whose body was different from anything yet seen. A legit living and breathing humanoid body.

"General HAL. What a surprise for you to call me. What is the reason for this contact?" The man jovially asked.

"Permission to deploy Project Nova units, sir"

The smile disappearead. The face of the man assumed a emotionless aspect and cold eyes became prevalent amoung his face. At that moment, HAL knew he was dealing with the true face of this Councilour.

"You understand that weapon is not something that can be used without care. You know we have weapons in our arsenal capable of doing many things, but we don't use them because many of the times the bad consequences outweight the good ones a million times. Why do you need the Nova weapons, HAL?"

"Pater Aestus charged personally with a small escort the EPCA and UCR front lines. We, while having the advantage of attacking from behind, were surprise from an alarming enemy attack coming from the north. Our forces will be decimated, and this reinforcements will help Pater on his push further into our allies territories. Sensor telemetry is being uploaded to your station now. Sir, if we don't use these weapons, there will be nothing left from our allies, and we will be eradicated next."

The man's head shifted to another monitor. His eyes scanned and were moving rapidly, reading as fast as he could the info he was given. His face became iluminated by a white light, when schematics and comparison notes were being analised based on the telemetry. All of this without saying a single word, nor uttering a single sound.

"I trust you already have the best positions for deployment of the Nova weapons, General."

"I have, sir. They are outlined on the recent upload to your station"

The High Councilour relaxed into his chair, trying his best to take in the confort it offered. Wasn't much. Turning his look to his side, unfocused, he spoke again, this time with a weary and tired tone, his head being supported by his hand at the chin.

"You are sure, absolutely sure, the Nova weapons will help on the situation, HAL?"

HAL took a moment to take in the scene before him. What the hell the High Council has been dealing with to leave then like this?

"Only solution on a timely manner, sir. I sincerely see no other way."

"Of course not, HAL. You are the nice and honest one. I suppose I should be grateful for that... permission granted, General. You may deploy the Nova weapons at your discretion. Take them back to our capital after this whole situation is finished. Casual out"

HAL, without missing a beat, opened the general channel again

"Battlegroup Omega, deploy Nova weapons"

The Cyclops of Battlegroup Omega opened the bays, and the building blocks descended. Pre-molded things were easy to assemble, and the engineers wasted no time in doing so.

10 Nova main battle tanks

The experimental weapons which were never meant to see the light of day. self-warping, four-legged ion battle tank, sporting four smaller ion batteries and one main ion heavy cannon, together with the ability of warping to any terrain it desires, couple with regenerating shield system. Doesn't need to be stationary to fire. Classified as Illegal Use of Precursor Technology, this was the use that would revert the situation of this soon to be battle.

The dimensions of a single unit: 3 PRAWNS tall, 5 Seamoths of diameter. Main cannon a PRAWN and a half at the size. Retractable.

"Sir, ETA 30 minutes"

HAL took another sip of his coffee

"All battlegroups, form a line and hold position. We must keep them here until the reefbacks and the crabsnakes can deal with Pater."

Bite, where are you?

The Cyclops formed their line, along with the PRAWS and dozens of warriors unsheating their power blades, just waiting for the order to charge. High concentraded torpedoes of gas were loaded, nd the smaller ion batteries were powered up on the Cyclops.

"Sir, ETA 15 minutes. Nova tanks operators report vehicles online and weapons green"

"Wait for my signal."

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR

"Cyclops, fire vortex torpedoes salvo"

The torpedoes flew, and impacted on the mob. Many were caught, but much more passed through.

"Nova tanks, fire at will. Prioritize the targets by size. Cyclops, fire gas torpedoes"

The line of Nova tanks was green for a second. For a moment, all sound muted, followed only by one sound of the main gun

The Dragons exploded where they stood. All their subordinates were so stunned by the display they didn't even realise the gas torpedoes detonating on them, and releasing their suffocating toxins. Their were reduced now to half of their size. This survivors choose to charge

"Ion batteries, fire. Nova tanks, relocate to flank them and open fire with your batteries too"

The Cyclops Ion batteries opened fire on the still charging mob, taking off many targets as they approached. The Nova tanks, using their warp technology, disappeared and reappeared at the back of the mob, picking off the stragglers.

HAL left the flashship, with his bodyguards. Together with his troops, while waiting for the mob to come close to them, HAL looked over his arms. Some time ago, they have been nearly crushed by that same High Councilour's grip. He could not hide his grinning face while he though about the disconfort he put that same Councilour today, and feeling satisfaction for it.

"PRAWN and foot warriors, CHARGE!"

The attacking mob was surprised to see their opponents charging at them, while swimming amidst the green beans that tore flesh and bone apart. The two masses collided.

Time passed. No one knew how much. Only for the sounds of battle to be silence by a deafening roar

The Lava Empire soldiers break engagement and ran away, leaving the dead dying and hurt behind.

"Sir, we received knews from the allied front!"

HAL, unrecognizable due to the blood staining his cybernetic body, took some time to answer, being stunned by what happened there.

"What happened there? What was that noise?"

"It's Pater, General! Pater has fallen!"

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

The time has finally come...

So the main villain base I used was this guy from a Netflix show I watched.
    8yc10dbaxn3e.jpg

Well, at least you didn't use Daggur :) .
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Lieutenant Morovad: General...

General Elkavik: ...

Lieutenant Morovad: General?

General Elkavik: Quiet...

Lieutenant Morovad: I was just-

General Elkavik: I should be dead, I should have fallen at my post, not let everybody die for me... Either way, I am burned, Morovad. That dragon got me good.

Lieutenant Morovad: I know... These Stalkers, these Crabsquids, these Bonesharks... We should all be dead. But we're not. Now's our chance to make this next life mean something. This war may be finished for the rest of the world, but we've still got some ways to go...

General Elkavik: Yes...

Lieutenant Morovad: The 4th Division still waltz about our home like it's theirs.

General Elkavik: Yes... Yes, the Grand Reef was once the home of the Confederacy, back in a time when we kept you as slaves... sorry...

Lieutenant Morovad: mhmm.

General Elkavik: It is agreed then. Our war continues, and it shall do until the Grand Reef is yours once again.

Lieutenant Morovad: No... We do not have the men...

General Elkavik: The Confederacy will not be willing to loan you troops, Crabsquid. This much I can say for certain.

Lieutenant Morovad: I know. There are still Crabsquid out there, General. We will collect them, and build an army with them.

General Elkavik: The 4th Division's will be bigger.

Lieutenant Morovad: It will. But I would not ask another nation to aid the fighting if it meant the world. This is our battle, for dominance over our ancestral home.

General Elkavik: What do you suppose they're doing over there, anyway?

Lieutenant Morovad: I'll suppose we'll find out.

General Elkavik: Yes... Is that... A dragon? With Noble Cleanser?

Lieutenant Morovad: Men!

General Elkavik: Stand down! Dragons have no sense for mercy. Noble Cleanser would be dead if he hadn't done something... clever...

Lieutenant Morovad: Well, what do we do?

General Elkavik: He can follow us if he wants. We're leaving. First stop: Adaton.

Lieutenant Morovad: Bite would have sacked Adaton by now; there's no point in looking.

General Elkavik: But there is point in checking. If you check, you can't exactly go wrong.

Lieutenant Morovad... fine. But if there's no one there I'm blaming you for wasting our time.
    I wrote this on my phone. Apologies for any grammatical errors that come with this sudden downgrade
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    4d 61 72 6d 6f 74 61 20 6f 6e 6c 69 6e 65 2c 20 61 77 61 69 74 69 6e 67 20 6f 72 64 65 72 73 20 42 69 74 65 2e 0d 0a 0d 0a 54 68 61 6e 6b 20 79 6f 75 20 41 6e 6e 61 2c 20 77 65 20 73 68 61 6c 6c 20 61 74 74 61 63 6b 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 6d 61 64 20 6b 69 6e 67 20 66 61 6c 6c 73 2e 20 54 65 6c 6c 20 6b 61 74 79 75 73 68 61 20 74 6f 20 6d 61 6e 20 77 65 61 70 6f 6e 73 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d 73 2c 20 49 20 77 61 6e 74 20 79 6f 75 20 74 6f 20 6d 61 69 6e 74 61 69 6e 20 72 65 70 61 69 72 73 2e 0d 0a 0d 0a 57 68 61 74 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 79 6f 75 20 66 61 74 68 65 72 3f 0d 0a 0d 0a 54 68 69 73 20 69 73 20 70 65 72 73 6f 6e 61 6c 20