Load/Save, FPS, freezing, crashing might be this

DrasusDrasus Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230546Members
<blockquote>Build: 46232 (may have been in prev builds)
Mode: Survival
No Dev console
repeatable trigger
good odds to be repeatable by another user (playing it through first, [just recently downloaded, never played PC version])

Bug: Double caching/rendering of objects at 0, 0, 0. / referencing 0,0,0 from a far off location
main problem 1000's+ of Gasopod ->pods
&& Possibly Sandsharks/Stalker hatch location

Triggered By: going near an infected chunk location (Multiple other Gasopod locations) cause it to dump 1000's of Gaspods
Cause: ?? Gasopod being in viewable range/hiting objects/being attacked, but not close enough for pods to initiate? adding a null reference
?? leaving other areas while Gasopod is in a state of being attacked? adding a null reference

</blockquote>

Probably caused the(now fixed) load/save error Array out of index [..adding 1000's+ of gasopod entries in the save games]

Goto XYZ: 0 0 0 on the map --> [dev's: put a temp counter of the number of objects that are being spawned around that location +/- 5m]<--

look directly east of 0 0 0 you'll see a Coral tube
rmg7ltwe9htz.jpg

try to copy this layout and play the game normally, allow things to happen, events/ changes to that world(maybe make a point to cut through Gasopod areas[even though you know a better route, new players won't and will stumble all over the map ...."Me"])
cswbbtc50czl.png
3ty73pl8q36f.jpg

when your game freezes/lags/crashes. review what you were just doing, area you came through (near Gasopods areas)
if you look towards 0, 0, 0 while going in that area, you'll see this... This one was a, Death Crash close up, at 0,0,0
ub92c2jwbprv.png

Other Locations triggering...[another death crash]
exket5ox60eo.jpg

and some are not so bad(...minor-major fps lag? )

location 0, 0, 0 was a normal Gasopod area, i managed to get those Pods released bit by bit and can now drive around 0,0,0 fine.
but not the other Gasopod area's that still mass drop at 0,0,0

Sandsharks/Stalker:
Q: is this Normal programmed AI behavior?
i keep getting alot of Sandsharks and Stalkers now that gaspods are dead. 7-9 stalkers, 2-3 sandsharks(eggs from another location might be spawning at 0,0,0 aswell?)

temp fix Tip: inching close to 0,0,0 and side stepping with prawn works to slowly clear them out.
once you have released a fair amount, Shooting 3 Vortex Torpedo around 0, 0, 0 helps alot with fixing the rest. it will go into a hard lag freezing for 20m-1hr
after a couple screen updates, try to shoot the 4th shot in the center [(i had the controller trigger wedged to keep it pressed), release controller when you see or hear if fire off]

nb: xbox can't handle many pods, so release as much as possible.

nbb: Awesome Work! :);)

Comments

• DrasusDrasus Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230546Members
    If someone still has an old Version save where the game put out more then one Lifepod 5, please check if either of the lifepods location is near coords:0,0,0
    UPDATE:
    The clearing them out "temp fix" doesn't seem worth it and doesn't fully work.
    Looks like there's a day/night or day/noon/night caching of the pods

Day Time: i could swim around 0,0,0 fine.
    Night Time: had a reaction as seen in first post.

and now Day Time is screwed again. :(
    @IronHorse

Check into this.... problem

the FPS problems
    Double Lifepods
    My Gasopod problem
    Large amounts (7-9)Rabbit rays, Sandsharks and Stalkers spawning at this spot

possibly the old Save load error cause.

Subnautica Has a 0,0,0 Coords problem

here's also a youtube video (not mine) --ffw(@5min)

This spot is x:0 y:0 z:0

jlyv676ka74l.jpg

edited May 2017
    @IronHorse : Second Video again at 0 0 0

000 seems to always be the pod with nothing in it

also, if you have a link(non user made[unless accurate]) with any indepth technical data instead of guessing at things would be helpful to spot problems.
    ie:
    method updating the world events, background process or current chunk the player is in.
    Area's various eggs are intended to be.
    Area's various mobs are intended to be/ intended npc behaviors.
    Stats bar: food/water/O2 usage based on Suit/ocean depth, etc.

To make things easier for more detailed future feedback please think about Temporarily adding:

A method to get coords, maybe a map that always shows coords upon viewing
    viewing/editing savegame data
    sending savegame data to dev's (use a list of Alphanum "passwords" to be able to use this feature. Per case basis, avoid tons of data being sent to you)

a method to view/edit a defined list of current game variables/struct/enums pertaining to Area's like:
    PRAWN suits .. fix arm/upgrade entries when the arm glitch happens
    Chunk data .. remove Gasopod attack entries
    the old load/save game thing .. << could've simply been the all the unintended Gasopod->pod entries, that i assume were never meant to be saved.

this too, Subnautica - Reaper in the "Safe" Shallows

Guess where....
    and Reefbacks

Coin toss time... debug Vs Drop 0 0 0 requests in the spawner
  • RavenLCRavenLC Mexico Join Date: 2016-07-02 Member: 219464Members
    i lost my save today, that problem wasnt allredy fixed? whats hapening?
    RavenLC wrote: »
    i lost my save today, that problem wasnt allredy fixed? whats hapening?

Load/Saved was patched, yes. The above is probably the cause of the problem to begin with.
    Most likely the reason causing some of the LAG.
    Empty lifepods.
    mobs being in the wrong spot.
    And probably a high % of freezes/crashes.

If you can load your game, avoid Gasopod strolling area's and x:0, y:0, z:0 and you should be fine :)

>>(first pic below has a red dot depicting location 0 0 0)
    >>(second pic below is facing same the direction, and shows a glitched lifepod in location 0 0 0)

rmg7ltwe9htz.jpg

jlyv676ka74l.jpg

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Interesting finds, thanks..
    I'll pass this along