Xbox One Silent Running Update

TheBloxxerDudeTheBloxxerDude Somewhere in the USA Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225209Members
So... It's been over two weeks since the PC version of the Silent Running update was released. Where's the Xbox version?

Comments

• matijas_06matijas_06 Join Date: 2017-04-26 Member: 229993Members
    edited May 2017
    Be patient :smiley:

They update xbox version about 2, 3 weeks after PC
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    matijas_06 wrote: »

But I want it now! :'(;)
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members

Tinfoil cyclops. I don't.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Kellise wrote: »

Tinfoil cyclops. I don't.

Awww! Where's your sense of adventure. Besides I watched a video of someone testing it out on the pc and that thing took a beating. In fact the reaper leviathan that was attacking it, he lost interest before destroying the cyclops. The guy had to actually purposefully ram into rocks to get it to sink. I think the update looks incredible! :D:D:D
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    i agree im looking forward to the update no fun if theres no danger so hell yea to a destructable cyclopse n even better realistic that it leaves an exploreable wreck.
  • dork42dork42 Michigan Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229307Members
    Thanks for the update Obraxis!

Keep on doing what you guy do best
  • TheBloxxerDudeTheBloxxerDude Somewhere in the USA Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225209Members
    Thanks for letting us know! Hope you fix the problems soon!
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    well do what u can best to make sure it works before it comes out gl n hope u guys r able to fix it
    @Obraxis @Squeal_Like_A_Pig @Flayra Sorry you guys are having so much trouble, the console community really appreciates all you're doing to get this game running for us and not bailing amidst all these issues. I can't wait to play a completed polished version of this game, it's going to be EPIC! If I could afford it I'd buy a steam machine just for this game.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @Obraxis Thanks for the update, I really appreciate transparency like that. Software development is tricky business and I know it takes time. Also, for all the lag and bugs in the Xbox One version of this game, I'm still loving it. :)
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    The Cyclops and the player need a safe haven Why take that away?

Shotout wrote: »
    The Cyclops and the player need a safe haven Why take that away?

Everything in life is vulnerable to something and nothing is indestructible ( everything and everyone has a kryptonite ) . So to make an underwater survival game, on an alien planet we know nothing about, then give it an indestructible submarine would completely ruin the experience and feeling of vulnerability that this game is meant to bring. I do agree though that having a dock for the Cyclops would be awesome but as for it's newfound vulnerability, I myself have been waiting for an update like this. If I want to be indestructible I'll play on Freedom or Creative. Besides the player does have a safe haven within the bases they build, I don't think that was ever the Devs intended purpose for the Cyclops.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Thank you @Obraxis for the development news. I look forward to seeing Subnautica fully released and all our (that's the Dev team and us "bug finders and physics testers") hard work paid off (mainly the dev team of course). The game has come a long way since I have first seen it before bases were added. Been watching IGP for the latest experimental news. I really wanted to do a series like he does, so i could possibly get something in the game, like how JackSepticEye has the septic tank, IGP has the hull plate, either way though I LOVE THIS GAME! Sooooo unique, and indeed scary at times. Also eagerly awaiting the Xbox optimisation updates.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Would it be copyright to add some sort of Star Wars reference? Like an easter egg or something?
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    From what I recall about Lucas Films, they have a lot of money and better lawyers.
    Personally, I wouldn't risk it.
  • serwecyserwecy Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230549Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    From what I recall about Lucas Films, they have a lot of money and better lawyers.

They are now owned by Disney. Does that help clear matters up any? (You know, the same people that used common freely available children't stories, changed them a little, copyrighted them, and now keep lobbying to get the copyright laws extended again and again so that no one else can use their stuff, which was supposed to expire in 28 years. Copyrights aren't supposed to let you have a monopoly on stuff forever, they're only there to make sure you get paid for your invention, after that, it's supposed to be for the public).

http://artlawjournal.com/mickey-mouse-keeps-changing-copyright-law/
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865589566/Mickey-Mouse-copyright-laws-may-last-forever.html
    "Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and many other princess stories, were based on age-old fairy tales that Disney was not required to pay license or royalties for. Later works would include children's literature like: 'Pinocchio,' 'Alice in Wonderland,' 'The Jungle Book' (released just one year after Kipling's copyright expired), — all in the public domain! Disney didn't pay a cent for story license, yet reaped many millions. The 'Little Mermaid,' 'Beauty and the Beast,' 'Aladdin' and all features made under the reign of Michael Eisner, would be from public domain."
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

They are now owned by Disney. Does that help clear matters up any? (You know, the same people that used common freely available children't stories, changed them a little, copyrighted them, and now keep lobbying to get the copyright laws extended again and again so that no one else can use their stuff, which was supposed to expire in 28 years. Copyrights aren't supposed to let you have a monopoly on stuff forever, they're only there to make sure you get paid for your invention, after that, it's supposed to be for the public).

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865589566/Mickey-Mouse-copyright-laws-may-last-forever.html
    "Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and many other princess stories, were based on age-old fairy tales that Disney was not required to pay license or royalties for. Later works would include children's literature like: 'Pinocchio,' 'Alice in Wonderland,' 'The Jungle Book' (released just one year after Kipling's copyright expired), — all in the public domain! Disney didn't pay a cent for story license, yet reaped many millions. The 'Little Mermaid,' 'Beauty and the Beast,' 'Aladdin' and all features made under the reign of Michael Eisner, would be from public domain."

So would that be an "it is a good idea to add in a starwars reference" or no?
    gonna be awsome n more realistic to have cyclopse wrecks u can go back n explore wonder if theyll add some kind of ageing for the longer the wrecks there rust or alien corrals growin on it would be cool.
  • SoupiestBasher2SoupiestBasher2 Wales Join Date: 2017-04-02 Member: 229373Members
    I can't wait to see the update! I really hope it can fix my brothers PRAWN suit upgrade HUD. Keep up the amazing work guys!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

So would that be an "it is a good idea to add in a starwars reference" or no?

No, it wouldn't be a good idea. Pretty sure Disney would swat anything like that down pretty quick. I mean, you could add a reference (a quote maybe), but nothing direct (like a model X-Wing). And why would you want to add a SW reference to SN anyways?
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    thats some crazy stuff @Obraxis I gotta watch out for that when my classes get to that point if unity does another update during that time that is wow anyways keep up the good work man ^^.
    @0x6A7232 if they pay royalty's or get direct in writing permission from the current owner of starters they could do it.

[/quote] No, it wouldn't be a good idea. Pretty sure Disney would swat anything like that down pretty quick. I mean, you could add a reference (a quote maybe), but nothing direct (like a model X-Wing). And why would you want to add a SW reference to SN anyways?[/quote]

Just as a nod to the franchise, as subnautica is also Sci-Fi. Also My Birthday is coming up on the 27th. I am an avid Star Wars fan, and i am sure others here are too.
  • ReaperTech1994ReaperTech1994 uk Join Date: 2016-12-28 Member: 225618Members
    No, it wouldn't be a good idea. Pretty sure Disney would swat anything like that down pretty quick. I mean, you could add a reference (a quote maybe), but nothing direct (like a model X-Wing). And why would you want to add a SW reference to SN anyways?[/quote]

Just as a nod to the franchise, as subnautica is also Sci-Fi. Also My Birthday is coming up on the 27th. I am an avid Star Wars fan, and i am sure others here are too.[/quote]

It may be your birthday soon but to be honest the tech on SN and the tech on SW is completely different there would be no basis or foundation for anything like that to be added.

Do you really want the devs to go through the trouble of getting permission to add things like that in then the copyrighter then takes probably all the profits from the game to pay for the warranty?

Look at it this way if they don't then the profits of this game go back into the production updating and maintenance of SN.
    @ReaperTech1994 You make a fair argument, no doubt about that. The completion of Subnautica is priority one. We have to do what's best for the good of the mission
  • hellrayn3hellrayn3 Uk Join Date: 2017-05-20 Member: 230628Members
    Honestly can't wait for a new update have owned the game 5 days and have nearly 3 days playtime and am about to head onto inactive lava zone! Hope the foxes go well I wanna wait to make this trip more fun ;)
  • CluLess720CluLess720 Mandeville, Louisiana Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229217Members
    Hey everyone :smile: I've had my game for a while on Xbox one now and I've had only a few problems. 1-lag(I'm used to it) 2-don't have all updates yet(also okay with) and 3-my builder tool does not work properly at all and I can't build a base. I would just like to know if anyone has had this problem and if it is fixable, that's all. Thank you :smile: