Who is she?

2»

Comments

• TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    No idea who she is, but it seems to me she may play some role in the story if she was the only character drawn alongside the male and female player characters.

That, or she's just modeling the suit here. ;)

nmo2ln1geq7t.jpg

Speaking of that concept art, when are we going to get to play as a female character?? It's been mentioned before on the forums, and posted off-and-on on the Trello... but seriously, when can we embrace the other half of the spectrum? :cry:

(For what it's worth, I'm a guy - but I enjoy playing from the feminine perspective a lot, since I live the rest of my life from the masculine perspective. Plus... the feminine physique is a lot more enjoyable to admire, when I'm putting in long hours into video games...) :sweat_smile:
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    crane476 wrote: »
    The devs are going to give us the choice to play as a female character. I'm assuming thats what she looks like since she's beside the current character model.
    The player female character is actually the lovely lady on the bottom right, her model is already complete and you can find it on sketchfab here. :)

I wouldn't mind taking her to a dinner with wine,just to hear her voice...
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    My guess? CTO Yu. Although we don't officially know Yu's gender, according to the Data Downloads, they have enough authority to change the passcode for the PRAWN bay, they seem fairly high up on Aurora's chain of command (they wouldn't challenge 2nd Officer Keen otherwise), and it seems that they're well-liked by most of Aurora's crew (their laid-back demeanor in their message to Hinkle suggests that Yu would be well-liked by the crew for their approachability). If Yu is indeed the woman in the lockers, then it's not hard to see why the crew would have a lot of photos of her.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    KingWillex wrote: »
    Nice find +1 Cal.

I believe at some point when they add multiplayer to the game people will get to chose what gender they are in the game. I of course will stand out cause I'll have the awesome base in the game!!!

They aren't gonna add multiplayer...
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Nice find +1 Cal.

I believe at some point when they add multiplayer to the game people will get to chose what gender they are in the game. I of course will stand out cause I'll have the awesome base in the game!!!

Plus +10 for reading the post from so long ago :smile: My hats off to you in your efforts.
    And I cant wait to see your awesome base.

I had taken a rest from SN in order to save it for release, I have keep up on the updates and started to play again after the Silent Running Update.

With more then 600 hours in game in about 6 months in 2016 I was getting burnt out.

I would like to see caricatures of the dev, to give them credit for the Great game, and add a face/faces to there product with there photos in the lockers, maybe adding an achievement if we find them all of them.

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Nice find +1 Cal.

Let him keep his fantasy's...

Both of them.

B)
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Aegil wrote: »
    Even more reason to have the ability to take every copy and pin them up all over my bases. My survivor is a very lonely individual to whom holefish are starting to look good. :p

Lucky you.
    My survivor has been stranded for so long, He's considering hooking up with a Hot Sea-Emperor Milf in his area just for any form of semblance to intimacy. (¬_¬)

They need to put a Soccer ball in the game.

B)
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Nice find +1 Cal.

Both of them.

B)

Isn't it fantasies?
    Ojakokko wrote: »
    Nice find +1 Cal.

Both of them.

B)

Isn't it fantasies?

Either way...

It's still just all in his head.

B)
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited May 2017

B)

lol

ndguaoormqmz.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Nice find +1 Cal.

Both of them.

B)

Isn't it fantasies?

Either way...

It's still just all in his head.

B)

B)

lol
    ndguaoormqmz.jpg

Exactly...

98993.png
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Nice find +1 Cal.

Both of them.

B)

Isn't it fantasies?

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
    Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
    Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me
    Mama, just killed a man
    Put a gun against his head
    Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
    Mama, life had just begun
    But now I've gone and thrown it all away
    Mama, ooh, didn't mean to make you cry
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters
    Too late, my time has come
    Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time
    Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
    Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
    Mama, ooh, I don't want to die
    I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
    I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango
    Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
    (Galileo) Galileo, (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo figaro magnifico
    (I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me)
    He's just a poor boy from a poor family
    Spare him his life from this monstrosity
    Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
    Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
    (Let him go) Bismillah! We will not let you go
    (Let him go) Bismillah! We will not let you go
    (Let me go) Will not let you go
    (Let me go) Will not let you go
    (Let me go) Ah, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
    (Oh mamma mia, mamma mia) Mama mia, let me go
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me
    So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
    So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
    Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby!
    Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here!
    Nothing really matters, anyone can see
    Nothing really matters
    Nothing really matters to me
    Any way the wind blows
  • The08MetroidManThe08MetroidMan Join Date: 2016-09-23 Member: 222527Members
    The player female character is actually the lovely lady on the bottom right, her model is already complete and you can find it on sketchfab here. :)

Well, that's assuming they're not going to give us the choice of multiple heads. It might be an alt - there's another male head there that looks younger and more fair-skinned than the current male build, I think.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    (For what it's worth, I'm a guy - but I enjoy playing from the feminine perspective a lot, since I live the rest of my life from the masculine perspective. Plus... the feminine physique is a lot more enjoyable to admire, when I'm putting in long hours into video games...) :sweat_smile:

Everything I thought I knew was wrong...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Tarkannen wrote: »

Everything I thought I knew was wrong...

Did you just assume, did ya now :trollface:
  • JozrozJozroz Sweden Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230525Members
    Aegil wrote: »
    Personally, I think that it would be nice if the poster in question was acquirable in the same manner as the Natural Selection II poster.

The kitty poster is the best one, though.
    7ewmqlzcex5s.png
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    She's a cheap unity asset.

Alterra's version of HAL.

B)
  • AmbaireAmbaire Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219206Members
    I hope they're going to add the playable female character sometime soon.
    Ambaire wrote: »
    I hope they're going to add the playable female character sometime soon.

Not soon, it's planned for after version 1.0

check the roadmap.
  • AmbaireAmbaire Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219206Members
    If the model is already done, I can't imagine it's much more than a single dialog and a few lines of code to add it. Why delay? And laffo if you think devs should 100% adhere to a 'roadmap' with zero deviations.
    If the model is already done, I can't imagine it's much more than a single dialog and a few lines of code to add it. Why delay? And laffo if you think devs should 100% adhere to a 'roadmap' with zero deviations.

not as simple as a few lines of code and dialog. They have to add animations and other important things, like textures to the model. Regardless the plan for it is low on the priority list, devs are mover focused on adding features to the game still and fleshing out the world.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members

TBH, a new character model (male or female) isn't THAT important right now. Why? Because you basically never see the character. I'm all in when it comes to added immersion and choice for both genders, but right now the character model doesn't matter all that much. Without all this talk about a female character model, I wouldn't be certain whether the character is male or female. Now,if they are to ever add a third-person mode or working mirrors or something else that would let you see your character, then they would have to hurry with the new character model.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members

TBH, a new character model (male or female) isn't THAT important right now. Why? Because you basically never see the character. I'm all in when it comes to added immersion and choice for both genders, but right now the character model doesn't matter all that much. Without all this talk about a female character model, I wouldn't be certain whether the character is male or female. Now,if they are to ever add a third-person mode or working mirrors or something else that would let you see your character, then they would have to hurry with the new character model.

Except for the fact that when your character chokes from lack of oxygen, cries out by being hit from a creature attack, or yelps when they get burned by fire, it's a male audio recording that's being played back, not female. And despite not having third-person camera display, you can clearly tell the model is male when looking down towards at the ground... so there is precedence (albeit small) to give us a female option, regardless of how important it is or isn't to other players.

Not having said option isn't stopping me from playing Subnautica, nor is any real character customization option either. But it is mildly discouraging that any progress hasn't been mentioned by the devs towards this topic in over a year, save for a throwaway entry on a Trello card. :(
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I wonder if they could do the female audio etc before v1.0, and add the character after? As then it wouldn't be as bad for those that get their immersion broken by the audio.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I think it's worth pointing out that our character is so horribly physically deformed, that really, who can tell? If I saw someone looking like that in real life, I wouldn't think "oh, it's a guy." I would think "holy god-emperor of mankind, what the hell is THAT!?"
    sayerulz wrote: »
    I think it's worth pointing out that our character is so horribly physically deformed, that really, who can tell? If I saw someone looking like that in real life, I wouldn't think "oh, it's a guy." I would think "holy god-emperor of mankind, what the hell is THAT!?"

lol gotta remember this game isn't based on reality also the devs are really aiming this game to be towards 10 year olds and up. It's meant to look a bit cartoonish.