Failing to restore save game from cloud (8083201c)

jpm0nkijpm0nki USA Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229784Members
I have two Xboxes so I play on both. On one of them I get the dialog when starting that the local save data doesn't match the cloud save data and which would I like to use. I select cloud and it give me the error that it is unable to sync that save data (8083201c). Not sure how to get past this and get them synced up again.

Comments

• jpm0nkijpm0nki USA Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229784Members
    Update: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. I noticed at this point that it still saw local save data so I went and deleted that. After rebooting my Xbox and ran the game again it started to sync data properly. Seems like it has issues when local data doesn't match cloud data in some fashion. As there are several save games in my profile (one for freedom, one for creative, etc.) maybe when the local data has one of the save games as more recent and cloud has another of the save games as more recent it can't figure out which to use?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    actually, it only gets to 99%, then fails and won't actually load the cloud saves. I've tried a few more times to wipe the game and saves from the local machine and reload from cloud. I even made fresh saves from my other machine for the game I'm trying to play between the two consoles, but same result. Seems strange that it says it can't sync and lets me play with local save, but it should have been deleted already and if it didn't get a save from the cloud, where is that local game data coming from?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2017
    Go to your Storage management and clear the Subnautica local data.

Click the heading "How do I delete saves I don’t want?" from this page: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq
    1. On Home, select My games and apps.
    2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
    3. In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
    4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
      • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
      • Cancel leaves your data intact.
    yes, that's what I'd done previously, was deleting the console local data on the machine that can't sync with the cloud. I may try deleting everything which would kill the cloud data as well and then from the other console with my latest data I could repopulate the cloud save and hope that it works. Scary to lose all that progress though ;)
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Don't delete the cloud saves, or like myself you'll have to disable the sync to play SN at all.
    I've had NO Cloud SAVES at all ever since the 'Infected' update.
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    Hi folks
    I've got the same problem, everything is fine on my console, however on my nephews console, it is still trying to sync the data from when the save issue started. As I deleted the saves off my console, following fix instructions, however the data never synced and I got the afore mentioned error.
  • SSCallibanSSCalliban Join Date: 2017-05-18 Member: 230610Members
    Same happened to me. Had to delete and restore XBL profile to resolve XLive issues. Lo and behold sync bugs out at 99%. Had to choose play offline, close the game, go to save, delete from everywhere which flashed the screen and didn't delete the local file. Then chose delete all saves from local to remove file, launched the game, then the game tried to sync, which it finally did successfully, but on a blank file. Doesn't recuperate the save file but stops the error message and non-stop syncing. Will play again in a later stage of DEV. Game is amazing but I hate nothing more than wasting 80 hours of play due to a corrupt file.