My NS2 post on 9GAG is getting trendy!

CrapHandCrapHand Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58273Members
https://9gag.com/gag/arb8n9B

So, i grabbed a small GIF about NS2 and posted it on 9gag to promote the game and it got to the trending section! There's a chance that it gets to the HOT section too and this could attract a lot of players to the community, i'm so happy since i love this game so much, check it out guys! You could also comment on it to give some orientation to the people interested!

https://9gag.com/gag/arb8n9B

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    OI! Why ARE the eyes inside the mouth \o/
  • CrapHandCrapHand Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58273Members
    I posted it with the best intentions, however i never though it could reach so many people! I really hope it reaches hot page!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    not sure if the thing with the decent and polite community is a bit far fetched but maybe it's just the environment I hang out in.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Idea: We should all try to make the best NS2 gif possible, and post it on 9gag. Flood the internet with NS2 gifs! Can we do this?
    Mephilles wrote: »
    not sure if the thing with the decent and polite community is a bit far fetched but maybe it's just the environment I hang out in.
    NS2 isn't that toxic in my opinion. I don't see that many bad people very often. The bad people I do see are still pretty tame compared to certain members of our community. It is your crowd.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2017
    GIF this one :tongue:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KKERYFCCqo0

Or this one...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ouyK2R0cgqE

Just go through the PT library I slapped online, bound to find funny meme worthy gems for your "Tom GIFery" ey, use at your own discretion :trollface:
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited April 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    GIF this one :tongue:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KKERYFCCqo0

Or this one...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ouyK2R0cgqE

Just go through the PT library I slapped online, bound to find funny meme worthy gems for your "Tom GIFery" ey, use at your own discretion :trollface:

Remember when NS2 actually had good graphics like that? Yeah, those were the days...
    Now bring them back UWE.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2017
    coolitic wrote: »
    Now bring them back UWE.

That will only make people will complain about performance even more.

This linked post has pictures showing NS2 graphics at their best.
    edited April 2017
    Nordic wrote: »
    coolitic wrote: »
    Now bring them back UWE.

That will only make people will complain about performance even more.

This linked post has pictures showing NS2 graphics at their best.

Can't I have a freakin option or something? I don't see the problem here. Most of the time I can already run at 4x dsr (with AO turned off, it sucks anyways), though siege sometimes complains.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Do people play PVP/FPS with graphics on anything but minimal? I guess a "beautiful" death is ok for some people.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Do people play PVP/FPS with graphics on anything but minimal? I guess a "beautiful" death is ok for some people.

If I can get all the fps I need on higher settings I will play with those.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Pfft, I can top that easily
    NS2Pixel :trollface:
    9861428116_4665aae557_o.png

DISGUSTANG!
    Words... I have none!

This never happened to me before...
  • CrapHandCrapHand Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58273Members
    Words... I have none!

What are you talking about, Willis?
    edited April 2017
    Words... I have none!

Wasn't implying such, it's just that screenshot reminded me of the... khmm... lady :D
    DISGUSTANG!
    edited April 2017
    No the words that I do no have has never happened to me before you boob :tongue: I always have some sort of retort, but in case I was ... "wordless"

And I'm a boob for wording it as such... I was inspired by the Tremors gun dude
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    I play with as high of settings as I can get 120fps at 1080p. In NS2 that really means high quality textures, high light quality, and anti aliasing. Anything more and my 120fps becomes a little less stable than I would like. Even on the lowest settings I still have drops down to 80fps during some very busy scenes. I have the same drops to 80fps with my slightly higher settings. I have a 4790k and a 1060 3gb right now.
    Guys I'm serious, what's so hard about having an option here?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    The only thing that has changed with regards to graphics is the fog system has been broken for quite some time (one of these days... one of these days...). As far as the lighting of the levels... that's not just an option that can be flipped on or off, that's an artistic decision that would take a LOT of work to change. Yea, I wish NS2 was a bit darker, less flat lighting-wise, but there's not much we can do about that without adding a ton of work to the mappers.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Hmmm.... I'm surprised, I just figured anyone who played this game was a "hardcore" ... I guess I shouldn't be surprised there are those who even listen to music while playing!!

I turn off any thing that might be visually distracting. 4790k/rx480.8GB Fps 120-144 @ 1440p, with free-sync I couldn't tell you when it's less the 144hz.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    there is a workshop mod for creepier atmosphere afaik. This does make the game noticably darker
    @Mephilles 8bit #4 is running that mod (at least it was 3 days ago). The mod is nicely done, but needs some getting used to.
    the mod says it has an improved flashlight and I have no idea in what way it was improved tbh
    edited April 2017
    Mephilles wrote: »
    the mod says it has an improved flashlight and I have no idea in what way it was improved tbh

I do vaguely remember back in pre-release the flashlight was made to be brighter (more flood light) and the atmospheric effect was made less dense for better visibility