What does your main base look like ?

SlinkySlim666SlinkySlim666 Panama City, Florida Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228333Members
The question is in the title, What does your base look like, I'm curious how everyone else's setup looks. Here is mine in case anyone wants to check it out. I took advantage of a glitch I found and extended my base from below the surface to above the surface with a added relaxation deck.
qcy7t5lt1sow.jpg
ya3xpq6648ef.jpg

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited April 2017
    Ha! pretty nice indeed :) specially love the relaxation part on the outside it makes it a lot more welcoming :smiley:

Also theres already a thread on displaying seabases and watching other's work, its a sticky on the top of the forum called SeaBase Showcase

I love to roam the pages there and watch other people's bases to get some ideas from time to time and also look at the very first displays to see what the game used to be like few year's back!

• NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    edited April 2017
    A bunch of circles with lines connecting it.
    1r28btr3ab5h.gif
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Cool! Looks like a small village. We do indeed already have a thread, throw it in there as well man
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    The question is in the title, What does your base look like, I'm curious how everyone else's setup looks. Here is mine in case anyone wants to check it out. I took advantage of a glitch I found and extended my base from below the surface to above the surface with a added relaxation deck.
    qcy7t5lt1sow.jpg
    ya3xpq6648ef.jpg

That's not a "glich" as far as I know.

We've always been able to build above the waterline.

Cool looking base none-the-less.
    B)
  • SlinkySlim666SlinkySlim666 Panama City, Florida Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228333Members
    edited April 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    qcy7t5lt1sow.jpg
    ya3xpq6648ef.jpg

That's not a "glich" as far as I know.

We've always been able to build above the waterline.

Cool looking base none-the-less.
    B)

Did you not see the bulk head at the end of that module lol That's the glitch, You can put interior items outside the base last I checked the only way to do that is to use the glitch.
    Well, seeing as your sentence didn't point out the actual glitch (the way it's worded actually points to the "above the sea line building") and it's partially hidden by a tree...

The answer is NO, I didn't.
    B)
  • SlinkySlim666SlinkySlim666 Panama City, Florida Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228333Members
    Well, seeing as your sentence didn't point out the actual glitch (the way it's worded actually points to the "above the sea line building") and it's partially hidden by a tree...

B)

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited April 2017
    There's more than one way to glitch the game to have 'on-land' physics underwater, and IMO it's easier to do than with the bulkhead. I've also managed to force underwater physics inside my non-flooded base, but that's not terribly practical. Your base looks nice overall, but I don't see the need to build a seabase above the waterline. But this is Subnautica, so it's whatever...

*puts on sunglasses*

...floats your boat. B)

db5ab2dea605698476031a58b22edb4d_csi-meme-sunglasses-memesuper-puts-on-sunglasses-yeah-meme_449-287.jpeg

B)

SEX, that's usually the best thing that helps me sleep at night.

B)
    edited April 2017
    I don't understand why no one is sharing what their base looks like when the thread is called " what does your main base look like?"
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    There's more than one way to glitch the game to have 'on-land' physics underwater, and IMO it's easier to do than with the bulkhead. I've also managed to force underwater physics inside my non-flooded base, but that's not terribly practical. Your base looks nice overall, but I don't see the need to build a seabase above the waterline. But this is Subnautica, so it's whatever...

*puts on sunglasses*

...floats your boat. B)

db5ab2dea605698476031a58b22edb4d_csi-meme-sunglasses-memesuper-puts-on-sunglasses-yeah-meme_449-287.jpeg

you mean like this lol1ruahz4ujzsp.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Update guys, Relay Station Charlie and Listening Post Bravo are finished.o2of7eel6946.jpg
    vvafbuli3407.jpg
    1zeln4x72j1g.jpg
    rc8yjarov81i.jpg
    s0adteejf4nc.jpg
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited April 2017
    you mean like this lol1ruahz4ujzsp.jpg

Yup! But I don't need to build a bulkhead to flip either physics mode, is all. B)
    I don't understand why no one is sharing what their base looks like when the thread is called " what does your main base look like?"

I used to build elaborate bases, but I found out that larger bases were mostly unnecessary, and in earlier builds incredibly large bases would destabilize savefiles after dozens of hours of gameplay. But as a specific example, the reason I commented in this thread was because someone was needlessly snippy to an innocent bystander:

B)

Hence the snarky meme reply. :tongue: But! WhenIf we get the April 26th update, I'll start a new game (finally!), make a nice swag base and post it here for everyone to see. I personally love building bases in the Lost River biome, there's so much interesting stuff to view in the area. :blush:
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    Iv'e made my own city. The city of Rapture. I can't get pictures right now but ill figure that out later. Seamoths are my Bathyspheres to get to points. It's empty though. Not even any splicers to rip apart....

I would imagine it is because there is already a well worn, "stickied" thread exactly for this purpose...

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/138992/seabase-showcase/p1
    edited April 2017

I would imagine it is because there is already a well worn, "stickied" thread exactly for this purpose...

I know that there is. There is no one posting in it anymore. Plus my images will not post on that thread. It just gives some kind of link, ive tryed already.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2017

I know that there is. There is no one posting in it anymore. Plus my images will not post on that thread. It just gives some kind of link, ive tryed already.

I can show your images in a post in that thread, maybe do a "faux edit" and repost it in the same post? Something went weird, because your BBCode is exactly the same, yet the output is wrong...
    Kouji_San wrote: »

I can show your images in a post in that thread, maybe do a "faux edit" and repost it in the same post? Something went weird, because your BBCode is exactly the same, yet the output is wrong...

Whats a faux edit lol and ive tryed everything. That thread just will not cooperate with me. Ive posted from my phone and my computer and the images just will not show for some reason. Only that bbcode shows up.
    edited April 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Whats a faux edit lol and ive tryed everything. That thread just will not cooperate with me. Ive posted from my phone and my computer and the images just will not show for some reason. Only that bbcode shows up.

Oh, just add a space somewhere and repost it :D Maybe it will fix the img embed conversion, because right now the BBCode gets cut-off somehow after the first [ img ]
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Oh, it's a big pretty white one with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.

No, wait. That was the plane. ;)

I tend to build my bases in a three- or four-cylinder configuration, using each stack of MPRs for a specific function - living spaces, engineering, workshop, lab. Very utilitarian.

That Habitrail base you built is certainly more complex. :)
    Oh, it's a big pretty white one with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.

No, wait. That was the plane. ;)

I tend to build my bases in a three- or four-cylinder configuration, using each stack of MPRs for a specific function - living spaces, engineering, workshop, lab. Very utilitarian.

That Habitrail base you built is certainly more complex. :)

That's it!

I knew there was something that the glass tubes reminded me of just couldn't put me finger on it till now.

LoL