Something Odd

cowboycomando54cowboycomando54 Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229773Members
It is well know that the devs are against putting more weapons in the game, let alone making it more violent. I respect their decision to do so, but I noticed something odd, the Gas Torpedo. As described by the game, upon impact it releases a cloud of toxic gas. This essentially a chemical weapon. I just find it odd that you don't get conventional weapons but you can use a chemical weapon. Any one else wonder why this is so?

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    First you profile picture AHHHHHHHHHH ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE WAR THUNDER WEIRD

Secondly the gas torpedo is more of a detergent like pepper spray or tear gas, both of which could kill in large quantities.
  • cowboycomando54cowboycomando54 Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229773Members
    First: That's rich coming from you, with your profile pic of chibi Katyusha on top of a KV-2 and your Girl Und Panzer GIF.
    Secondly: That makes more sense now, it essentially the bear mace equivalent for sea monsters.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    I just don't understand both of your profile pics lol. Also it is a video game, gotta make it entertaining.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    So, if a riot happens in the SN sea then Gasopods would be employed like crazy.
  • SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
    edited April 2017
    I have the best profile picture here.

Anyway the gasopod gas (honestly probably not really a gas since it doesn't bubble up to the surface) is heavily toxic and not a non-lethal irritant like pepper spray. It's basically like the green brine from the lost river.

I don't know why it's in the vehicle upgrade station, it probably belongs in the modification station instead (vortex torpedos + gas pods) since at least there it can be argued the player's just barely managed to circumvented the no-weapons law with them. "Oh, you wanted to combine this goop with torpedos? Sounds legit." since it's somewhat unconventional.

Edit: Also, I pondered for a bit over the rapid recovery the player has from exposure to the gas. Yes this would imply irritant, but the game explicitly states it's poisonous, toxic, and acidic (probably in a corrosive manner). After enough thought I conceded that the quick recovery from gas exposure is a necessity for the game's design. It's fitting for the otherwise fairly deadly creature placed in the Safe Shallows.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Secondly the gas torpedo is more of a detergent
    bwahahaha! That's probably funnier to me than it should be.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    Secondly the gas torpedo is more of a detergent
    bwahahaha! That's probably funnier to me than it should be.

Washing machines live longer with gasopod
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited April 2017
    Gaspods... Stronger than Dirt!

B)
  • cowboycomando54cowboycomando54 Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229773Members
    Gaspods, give your PRAWN suit that factory new shine.
    edited April 2017
    HI BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE NEW GASO-WOW
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    So, if a riot happens in the SN sea then Gasopods would be employed like crazy.

That'll lead to some interesting soundbites on the news...
    "All units, fart on my command!"