The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Battle Report

Conglomerate x Lava Empire at EC on Entrance A. Conglomerate attacks with 3 armies. Lava Empire defends with 6 Spine Eels.

link: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Faction powers:

Conglomerate: Get to negate 1 unit/army (of choice) from any attacking/defending force (Mesmers have hypnosis, Crabsquids have EMP)

Spine Eels: Doesn't have.

Dices:

First values:

Conglomerate = 6, 5, 1

Lava Empire = 4, 3, 3, 2, 2

Conglomerate loses 1 army. Lava Empire loses 2 armies.

Second values:

Conglomerate = 4, 3

Lava Empire = 5, 3, 2

Attack failed. Lava Empire holds EC on Entrance A with 3 Spine Eels

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@ResolutionBlaze?

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    The Prime Minister's Adventures

The Prime Minister dragged Karyb through the Grand Reef, searching for a medic of any kind, but all they found was rebels. The Conglomerate Rebellion had reached the Reef before the Ministry, and Karyb was slowly dying. All the news the two had heard was bad; they heard that the war in the Lava Zone was not faring well on the Conglomerate's front. They heard that the rebellion were swarming the Lost River and Blood Kelp. They heard only sad tidings; nothing good ever came to their ears. Once they had found a group of four, who said that they were of the Minister's Preference. It appears as though this was a rouse; they attacked Karyb and the Prime Minister in the night, and left them wounded even further.

Then they found someone else roaming the wastelands. It was a crabsquid, with a belt packed with the same explosive shells Lava Lizards fire from their mouths. His face was scarred, and he looked like he had been through hell.

"Turn back around..." Karyb urged. "Turn around before he butchers us like animals..."

"He could be a friendly," the Prime Minister continued forward.

"What are the odds of that?" Karyb snapped. "Every person we have run into thus far has been an enemy, and this one looks like the arse-end of a sea tredder. We have to leave; he'll skin us alive and eat our insides."

The Prime Minister shook his head, entertained. Karyb had lost a lot of blood, and the Prime Minister thought him delusional. "Hello, there!" He called out. Karyb panicked, and the crabsquid turned to face them. "Karyb, introduce yourself. If he's bad, we can take him."

"H-hello, there! I am Karyb, and we are of the Minister's Preference!"

The crabsquid smiled. His eyes widened with joy, and he began to make his way towards them. "Thank the Precursors! You're the first of the Ministry I've seen since I arrived here a moon ago!"

"You've been here for a month?" the Prime Minister was confused. The Rebellion had only begun a few days ago; how could this crabsquid have known to come here. "How?"

"Well," the crabsquid continued, "I was there when the 4th Division attacked the Precursor Array all that time ago, and killed General Blue. I don't mean to boast, but I was quite close to the Prime Minister myself... It seems like such a long time ago when the 4th Division were destroyed, doesn't it? Anyway, I escaped that massacre, and ran as far as I could from the 4th Division. I fled to the Lost River, but they arrived soon after and pushed me even further into the depths. I have survived as best I can in the depths of the Lava Zones, and I was only just able to clamber out of there and into the Grand Reef. I knew about the Rebellion because of this transmitter, which I've constructed. It picks up on every radio signal I might find interesting. I dare not use it to send one, however, but-"

"Who are you?" The Prime Minister butted in.

"I could ask the same thing about you."

Sir Karyb stepped in. "I am Sir Karyb. I am charged with the Protection of the Prime Minister. He stands before you now."

The crabsquid looked amazed. After mere seconds he was verging on tears. "Prime Minister?" He asked. "It's me, Prime Minister; Doctor Zakobi."

*Broadcasting transmission*

@phantomfinch

General Bite. First things first, you have my deepest condolences. When the trial commenced, I had no idea, nor could I have foreseen, that you would choose your own daughter as a champion. I wouldn't know even now if I hadn't heard your screaming. A clean death would have sufficed, and granted us both more happiness, and completion, but Duncin Slate pushed sanity to its edges. I understand your shock, and share it somewhat; my nation has been split in two by this trial. We have heard that the Conglomerate Rebellion are being lead by a crabsquid named Commander Greenwald, but have reason to believe there is a greater leader behind the scenes.

The Grand Reef is overrun by these rebels. There is no safe haven for me, or my group of seventeen Ministry soldiers and doctors I have found. You were the first to join our Union of Biomes, General Bite, and now I ask that you follow your word. I enact article 3 of the Union of Biomes. I ask that you grant me shelter within your Blood Kelp, and all of my Ministry survivors as well.

The Conglomerate is nearing its defeat. Your choice now will make or break my once great nation. Do you comply?

*Broadcast terminated*
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    *Broadcasting transmission*

@phantomfinch

General Bite. First things first, you have my deepest condolences. When the trial commenced, I had no idea, nor could I have foreseen, that you would choose your own daughter as a champion. I wouldn't know even now if I hadn't heard your screaming. A clean death would have sufficed, and granted us both more happiness, and completion, but Duncin Slate pushed sanity to its edges. I understand your shock, and share it somewhat; my nation has been split in two by this trial. We have heard that the Conglomerate Rebellion are being lead by a crabsquid named Commander Greenwald, but have reason to believe there is a greater leader behind the scenes.

The Grand Reef is overrun by these rebels. There is no safe haven for me, or my group of seventeen Ministry soldiers and doctors I have found. You were the first to join our Union of Biomes, General Bite, and now I ask that you follow your word. I enact article 3 of the Union of Biomes. I ask that you grant me shelter within your Blood Kelp, and all of my Ministry survivors as well.

The Conglomerate is nearing its defeat. Your choice now will make or break my once great nation. Do you comply?

*Broadcast terminated*

*Broadcast started*

This is temporary General Nikoli, Bite has gone missing so I am going to have to respond to your message. Your kind are welcome in the blood kelp and our guards will secure the safety of you dominion. In fact to welcome any refugees that would of been affected by the ongoing civil war we will be holding celebrations in the blood kelp to sacure a strong diplomatic bond between our two nations. This will mark a great day in unity as the Red Reef pack shal be signed and once again any tensions will be ceased between our two empires.

Last time Bite was spotted he was heading north from the koosh zone, General HAL was the last person he spoke to but according to him he still has no clue to where our true General went, we just hope that he will return soon after his mourning of his late daughter.

*transmition ceased*
    It had taken three long days and three long nights for the company of seventeen to reach the Blood Kelp’s rocky borders, and a day still to reach the Shoal leaders, who were preparing this mighty feast. This General Nikoli was to be the host, as Bite was absent for unknown reasons.

When the group arrived at the cavern in which the feast would take place, Nikoli was rather welcoming. The company of crabsquid was headed by the Prime Minister, and Karyb and Doctor Zakobi behind him. Then there was General Ivvik, Commander Salvas and Lieutenant Coryster, and the other eleven behind them. As soon as they had arrived in the Blood Kelp biome, twenty Biters had swarmed to them, to lead them to the crevasse where the dinner would take place.

“I still don’t trust the Shoal, sir,” Doctor Zakobi pushed the notion further to Sir Karyb and Lieutenant Coryster. None of them seemed to pay attention to the doctor, who many perceived as mad. He looked it; explosives at his belt, scars across the face; the man looked manic. The Prime Minister hoped he knew better, but what months in the Lava Zone could do to a man was anyone’s guess.

“We have nowhere else,” the Prime Minister told him. “The Shoal is all we have. I have given Bite my condolences, and that is all I can give. This will solidify our peace, as Nikoli so rightfully told us. Now shall you feast with your allies here, or cower and shiver out here whilst we dine inside with honour?”

The doctor spat. “Keep your honour!” He yelled. “And keep your feasts and alliances! I begin to wish I’d never come back!” Zakobi turned to leave, but before he could go anywhere, fifteen of the surrounding Biters flocked to him. They stayed in front of him, not allowing him to move forward.

“Come, doctor.” Commander Oleg of the Biters urged. Zakobi tried to get past a few more times and failed. With a sigh, he begrudgingly went along with his companions. “C’mon!” General Ivvik bellowed. “It’s a feast!”

“I’d never turn down a meal!” Commander Salvas joked.

“I’d listen to them, Zakobi,” Karyb was still injured. The Prime Minister was keeping him upright, but he was healthy enough to turn and urge the doctor onwards.

When they finally made it to the feast, its glory became apparent. Four long tables ran through the cavern, and enormous kegs of vodka lined the trench’s edges. At the very end of the room was a pedestal where Nikoli swam. “Join me, Prime Minister!” Nikoli urged him up onto the platform. “And bring Karyb with you!”

The Prime Minister and Karyb began to make their way to Nikoli, but Coryster quickly grabbed his claw. “Look,” he said in a hush. He nodded to the barrels of vodka. Each and every one of them was guarded by six biters, armed to the teeth. As quickly as he had grabbed on, Coryster let go.

The Prime Minister slowly made his way up to the pedestal. On his way, he saw that some of the Biters at the tables were shooting worried glares at him. This made him anxious for some reason. When the Prime Minister was at the very foot of the platform, Nikoli stopped him where he floated. “Prime Minister!” The room went silent, and turned to Karyb and him. “The Conglomerate and the Shoal have had some disagreements in the past, I’m sure you’ll agree.”

“Almost certainly,” the Prime Minister smiled.

“All the wars we’ve fought, all of the votes we’ve gained, all of our petty squabbles... we must put it all behind us. We must learn to put it all behind us.” The Prime Minister heard squeaking from all around him. He looked to see the Biters guarding the vodka turning the taps on each of the kegs. He looked back at Nikoli, who was only smiling.

“What a lovely speech!” Karyb commented, smiling as best he could. “Now, shall we start the feast?”

“Yes...” Nikoli hissed. “We shall start the feast...”

With a crash, each of the kegs in the cavern exploded in a frenzy of wood and splinters. Ten thousand Biters swarmed out from all the kegs, and they began to swarm those at the foot of the tables. Coryster screamed an ungodly scream as Biters tore open his eyes and burrowed into his flesh. He was squirming in the water, twenty Biters rummaging around inside him. Commander Salvas attempted to save Coryster, but before he came close to the lieutenant, he himself had yellow blood seeping from his bite wounds. Doctor Zakobi couldn’t be seen, but a wail could be heard. It was horrid to listen to; half way through its duration it turned into a gargled mess of saliva and blood and sweat. The Prime Minister let go of Karyb and turned to Nikoli.

“Where’s Bite?!” The Prime Minister screeched. He scanned the room one more time, but all he could spy was a bloodbath. He looked back and saw Biters emerging from Coryster's flesh, and swarming to General Ivvik, who had nearly escaped the bloodshed. He was dragged back and pinned to the seafloor, where he was torn to pieces by Biters. “Where is that commie bastard?!”

“Help!” The Prime Minister looked back down to see Karyb covered in Biters. It had only been seconds, but when he shooed them off Karyb was already deformed beyond repair from claws to brains, yellow blood leaking from his injuries. He coughed and spluttered. “Behind you...” he managed. The Prime Minister turned around, but before he could react he was overwhelmed with Biters. They tore him to shreds in an instant. Five of the Biters grabbed his claw and yanked it from its socket with one single tug. More and more swarmed to his enormous eyes. Many found his mouth, and began plucking teeth from it and jabbing at his flesh with them. After minutes and minutes of this torture, his vision went black.

He was sure he was dead, but he woke. The screaming had stopped; the only noise in the water was the splashing and waving of swimming Biters. Only one of his eyes was properly working, and every single muscle in his body was screaming with pain. He looked over to Karyb; Biters were still nibbling on his rotted corpse. Then he looked upwards. Looming over him was Nikoli.

And Bite.

“W-why...” the Prime Minister strained. Bite did not answer. “WHY?!” The Prime Minister screamed. “Why would you do this?!”

“You know the reason.” Bite swam closer to the Prime Minister’s one working eye. “My girl is dead because of you, because of all the wrong you’ve done. I’m not going to let it all slide, I’m having my vengeance, and it’s the sweetest I’ve felt for a long time.”

“You’re more of a monster than me...” The Prime Minister spluttered.

“Finally, you understand...” Bite swam even closer. “And I like it.” With one quick dart, Bite punctured the Prime Minister’s jelly-like forehead, and with a tug of his teeth he pulled from the hole a net of his insides, along with gallons of yellow blood. The Prime Minister twitched, and his movements calmed.

The Prime Minister was dead.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    It had taken three long days and three long nights for the company of seventeen to reach the Blood Kelp’s rocky borders, and a day still to reach the Shoal leaders, who were preparing this mighty feast. This General Nikoli was to be the host, as Bite was absent for unknown reasons.

When the group arrived at the cavern in which the feast would take place, Nikoli was rather welcoming. The company of crabsquid was headed by the Prime Minister, and Karyb and Doctor Zakobi behind him. Then there was General Ivvik, Commander Salvas and Lieutenant Coryster, and the other eleven behind them. As soon as they had arrived in the Blood Kelp biome, twenty Biters had swarmed to them, to lead them to the crevasse where the dinner would take place.

“I still don’t trust the Shoal, sir,” Doctor Zakobi pushed the notion further to Sir Karyb and Lieutenant Coryster. None of them seemed to pay attention to the doctor, who many perceived as mad. He looked it; explosives at his belt, scars across the face; the man looked manic. The Prime Minister hoped he knew better, but what months in the Lava Zone could do to a man was anyone’s guess.

“We have nowhere else,” the Prime Minister told him. “The Shoal is all we have. I have given Bite my condolences, and that is all I can give. This will solidify our peace, as Nikoli so rightfully told us. Now shall you feast with your allies here, or cower and shiver out here whilst we dine inside with honour?”

The doctor spat. “Keep your honour!” He yelled. “And keep your feasts and alliances! I begin to wish I’d never come back!” Zakobi turned to leave, but before he could go anywhere, fifteen of the surrounding Biters flocked to him. They stayed in front of him, not allowing him to move forward.

“Come, doctor.” Commander Oleg of the Biters urged. Zakobi tried to get past a few more times and failed. With a sigh, he begrudgingly went along with his companions. “C’mon!” General Ivvik bellowed. “It’s a feast!”

“I’d never turn down a meal!” Commander Salvas joked.

“I’d listen to them, Zakobi,” Karyb was still injured. The Prime Minister was keeping him upright, but he was healthy enough to turn and urge the doctor onwards.

When they finally made it to the feast, its glory became apparent. Four long tables ran through the cavern, and enormous kegs of vodka lined the trench’s edges. At the very end of the room was a pedestal where Nikoli swam. “Join me, Prime Minister!” Nikoli urged him up onto the platform. “And bring Karyb with you!”

The Prime Minister and Karyb began to make their way to Nikoli, but Coryster quickly grabbed his claw. “Look,” he said in a hush. He nodded to the barrels of vodka. Each and every one of them was guarded by six biters, armed to the teeth. As quickly as he had grabbed on, Coryster let go.

The Prime Minister slowly made his way up to the pedestal. On his way, he saw that some of the Biters at the tables were shooting worried glares at him. This made him anxious for some reason. When the Prime Minister was at the very foot of the platform, Nikoli stopped him where he floated. “Prime Minister!” The room went silent, and turned to Karyb and him. “The Conglomerate and the Shoal have had some disagreements in the past, I’m sure you’ll agree.”

“Almost certainly,” the Prime Minister smiled.

“All the wars we’ve fought, all of the votes we’ve gained, all of our petty squabbles... we must put it all behind us. We must learn to put it all behind us.” The Prime Minister heard squeaking from all around him. He looked to see the Biters guarding the vodka turning the taps on each of the kegs. He looked back at Nikoli, who was only smiling.

“What a lovely speech!” Karyb commented, smiling as best he could. “Now, shall we start the feast?”

“Yes...” Nikoli hissed. “We shall start the feast...”

With a crash, each of the kegs in the cavern exploded in a frenzy of wood and splinters. Ten thousand Biters swarmed out from all the kegs, and they began to swarm those at the foot of the tables. Coryster screamed an ungodly scream as Biters tore open his eyes and burrowed into his flesh. He was squirming in the water, twenty Biters rummaging around inside him. Commander Salvas attempted to save Coryster, but before he came close to the lieutenant, he himself had yellow blood seeping from his bite wounds. Doctor Zakobi couldn’t be seen, but a wail could be heard. It was horrid to listen to; half way through its duration it turned into a gargled mess of saliva and blood and sweat. The Prime Minister let go of Karyb and turned to Nikoli.

“Where’s Bite?!” The Prime Minister screeched. He scanned the room one more time, but all he could spy was a bloodbath. He looked back and saw Biters emerging from Coryster's flesh, and swarming to General Ivvik, who had nearly escaped the bloodshed. He was dragged back and pinned to the seafloor, where he was torn to pieces by Biters. “Where is that commie bastard?!”

“Help!” The Prime Minister looked back down to see Karyb covered in Biters. It had only been seconds, but when he shooed them off Karyb was already deformed beyond repair from claws to brains, yellow blood leaking from his injuries. He coughed and spluttered. “Behind you...” he managed. The Prime Minister turned around, but before he could react he was overwhelmed with Biters. They tore him to shreds in an instant. Five of the Biters grabbed his claw and yanked it from its socket with one single tug. More and more swarmed to his enormous eyes. Many found his mouth, and began plucking teeth from it and jabbing at his flesh with them. After minutes and minutes of this torture, his vision went black.

He was sure he was dead, but he woke. The screaming had stopped; the only noise in the water was the splashing and waving of swimming Biters. Only one of his eyes was properly working, and every single muscle in his body was screaming with pain. He looked over to Karyb; Biters were still nibbling on his rotted corpse. Then he looked upwards. Looming over him was Nikoli.

And Bite.

“W-why...” the Prime Minister strained. Bite did not answer. “WHY?!” The Prime Minister screamed. “Why would you do this?!”

“You know the reason.” Bite swam closer to the Prime Minister’s one working eye. “My girl is dead because of you, because of all the wrong you’ve done. I’m not going to let it all slide, I’m having my vengeance, and it’s the sweetest I’ve felt for a long time.”

“You’re more of a monster than me...” The Prime Minister spluttered.

“Finally, you understand...” Bite swam even closer. “And I like it.” With one quick dart, Bite punctured the Prime Minister’s jelly-like forehead, and with a tug of his teeth he pulled from the hole a net of his insides, along with gallons of yellow blood. The Prime Minister twitched, and his movements calmed.

The Prime Minister was dead.
    Well the food was "to die for"
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited April 2017
    Before the Bite, Origins of the general

Inside the halls of the swarm, palace of Czar Strogalov, Pre-erruption lava zone, 2 years before the communist takeover.

Katyusha "Daddy whats a "czar"?

lieutenant Bite "Thats daddys boss my dear daughter, He's the man incharge of the country."

Katyusha "Can I meet him? He seems like a nice man"

Bite "Sorry darling, he's probobly in the middle of a meeting with Mommy and her friends about the bad people who want to rule the country"

Katyusha "I could help him, im really great at making friends at school. Maybe i could make friends with the bad people so they wouldnt be so bad anymore."

Bite "These "people", they're different from the kids from your school, when the Czar tries to talk to them they try to hurt him really bad, thats why Daddys here. so the bad people cant hurt him"

Katyusha "Oh i get it now, your like the people that took my Mommy family on holiday? I see them by our house and when I ask mommy about them she says they protect us from the bad people"

Bite "Yes just like that"

Katyusha "Ok thanks daddy, when is mommy going to come back?"

Bite "Soon I hope, lets play a game to pass the time. Hmmmm how about Eye spy?"

Katyusha "OK I spy........"

*One hour later"

The twin basalt doors open up to reveal Czar Strogalov, covered in gold, jems and jewles as he swims out the meeting room.

Czar Strogalov "I've heard enough of your nonsensical dribble, the royal guard shal see to any revolutionaries that step past our gate, there's no need for any diplomacy between these commoners"

Anna "Please your highness, there would be far less casulties and possibly this revolution would stop if you just see what their leaders want."

Strogalov "I know what they want, my head on a spike outside the atop the great mushroom tree, now enough of this you are dissmissed and i need a serious talk with my defence supervisor"

Bite "You cant win all the battles Ann, sometimes you just have to pray that things will go your way"

Katyusha "MOMMY"

Anna "Aw, how are my two most favourite people in the whole ocean? Bite could you please stop bringing Kat to the palace I dont want her finding out whats acctualy happening"

Bite "Where was i suppost to leave her, with the Peter's next door, you know they're not siding with the czar on this matter and you wouldnt want to lose Kat to the rebels"

Anna "I know but at least give her to one of the maids here or one of the buttlers"

Bite "Ok il remeber that next time, it just she gets bored and lonley without her parents"

Anna "You sure your not talking about yourself there?"

Bite "Oi cheeki"

Kat "Daddy, who are those men at the gate?"
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    I'll post when I get home from school.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited April 2017
    What will happen after the Lava War is over?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    What will happen after the Lava War is over?

Probably nothing.

At least, not for a while.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Well, there's still:
    - The fact that the Grand Reef is currently a lifeless wasteland
    - The issue of properly surveying and annexing the Lava Zone, as well as giving its citizens a voice in the Union
    - The task of setting up a proper government
    - The public knowledge of other lands over the void
    - The horrific betrayal of Prime Minister Jamezorg by General Bite, who appears to have gone rogue
    - The FMMA's space station, which provides them with a massive technological advantage
    All of theses things are definitely catalysts for future conflict, and I hope to see it come together in a HUGE way in the future.
    edited April 2017
    Before the bite, A loved one passed

(This one carries on directly from the last)

Czar Strogalov "THE REVOLUTIONARIES ARE AT THE MAIN GATE! GENERAL ready your men while the royal guard and staff evacuate to the Marmota"

General "Yes your highness"

A panicked Strogalov frantically swims down the halls of his palace to his war room where the royal guard and palace staff had assembled.

Bite "You highness all royal guard and non combat personnel have been moved to the war room, what are you planning if I may ask your grace?"

Strogalov "Were using the Marmota to bust out of these caves and escape from the revolutionary."

Professor Boris "But you grace, use of the Marmota could collapse the tunnel or even cause an eruption. That would be genoside on an entirely different scale, your empire would fall and the entire ocean could suffer from it"

Strogalov "As long as I stand the Empire of Red shall stand. Now have our purple slaves finished the refurbishment into Biter control."

The czar opens a secret passage in a wall, revealing a passage with the ugly green glow of precursor technology.

Boris "Yes sire"

Strogalov "good let's fire it up then"

The group travel down the passage while the sounds of ripping flesh and screaming can be heard from the now closing entrance. As the group travel firer down the heat builds up until the small shoal find themselves in a large open cavern.

Katyusha "Daddy I'm scared, what is that thing and why are all those people so mad"

Strogalov "Bite explain yourself, why have you brought your daughter into this highly secretive area!"

Bite "I'm sorry sire, you see that me and my wife we... we have nowhere else for her to go. My wife, Anna she works as your diplomatic advisor and our daughter cannot simply be left alone for such long hours without her parents, please forgive me your grace"

Strogalov "I accept your apology, as I child I was brought up without the love or care of a parent and I would never want that on another child. That is a sad and lonely path that nobody else should have to swim, but lieutenant in the future make sure she is considered when journeying to a sacure area of the castle"

Katyusha "Daddy says that the people outside want to hurt you, but I think that if I could help you then we could all be friends"

Strogalov "Well little one, perhaps in the future maybe you could take your mothers job when she retires but as of now I'm appointing you my best friend until that time"

Katyusha "Really? Thank you Daddy's boss"

Strogalov "please save the hugs for later, I have important business to attend to so go play with your father while I turn on my big toy, maybe I feel I'm nice il let you play with it"

Katyusha "Oh by the biter mothers name you are the best freind in the ocean"

Bite felt sick to his stomach, from whit he could gather when patrolling the machine or escorting captured warpers, the Marmota was the ultimate weapon built by the precursors, a combination of the two research facilities and the precursor gun into a giant battle mech that would put a sea dragon to shame, and to know his daughter would be using it to kill would only make it worse.

Anna "I'm sorry your grace but I don't think that would be wise, my daughter would never hurt a peeper, how could she work such a destructive machine?"

Strogalov "Don't worry Anna, I'm sure your daughter would pilot the Marmota fine, i'l just tell her it's like a game and that all the people are like peices on a chess table, she won't know the difference and by the age she does realise she'll probably accustom to war"

Anna + Bite "What does that mean?"

Strogalov "all in good time my love birds, all in good time"

Boris "your grace the Marmota is fully prepped and power levels are stable, the warp cores are currently locking in to the rest of its body, this cavern will probably be filled with molten magma as the facuilitys are warped in. My advise to to board and prepare for launch"

Strogalov "You heard the professor people, board the Marmota and prepare for one hell of a ride, Katyusha would you like to have a tour while we wait?"

Katyusha "I would love to"

Anna "Bite I don't like this, I think he's trying to turn Kat into his own little soldier, we have to get her back but how? We were sworn with an oath to protect his life at all costs, we can't lose her."

Anna begins to hyperventilate as the precursor power core returns back to life after being dormant for millennia

Bite "shhh honey, don't worry il just tell her the truth and then she'll probably won't want to kill"

Bite and Anna swim over to where they saw the czar and Kat go, when they reach a large room with bolts of green electricity jumping from pylon to pylon, with Kat swimming in the middle and several warpers pushing buttons and moving cables.

Katyusha "umm King Strogalov, I feel weird"

Strogalov "don't worry once were done, you'll control the machine and kill all the bad people, it's just like a game of chess only your allowed to flip the table."

Bite thought "control the machine", from what he knew of precursor technology the most basic form of control were the droids, they preformed basic maintenance to the warpers and bases but had no form of intelligence. Then there were warpers, some were self aware but the ones he worked with were like the drones, they preformed a given order until they either finished or a new order was given. But there were reports in the blood kelp by the allied Kingdom of the blind eye that the precursor managed to upload their consciousness into machines to live eternally.

If what he just realised was true, Kat was about to become the brain to Strogalov Machine.

Bite "STROGALOV STOP THIS HAS GONE ON TOO FAR, YOU CANT TURN OUR DAUGHTER INTO YOUR PUPPET OF DESTRUCTION"

Strogalov "You have stepped too far this time lieutenant, cease your hostilitys or I will not only uplift your daughter into the machine, I will wipe all her memory's and set you as the first target"

Anna "YOU MONSTER"

Anna launches into katyusha to push her out of the middle pylon, a green bubble appears and surrounds Anna.

Bite "Let her go Strogalov!"

Strogalov "why should I when I have the best mind in the empire as a controller to my Marmota. Professor, upload her"

The green bubble pulsates and green arcs of electricity erupts from the pylons, Anna decomposes within the bubble until there is nothing less

Marmota "Upload complete, starting warp cores and preparing for emergency battle conditions. Bite I'm scared, I can't see and I'm so cold, please help me"

Well, there's still:
    - The issue of properly surveying and annexing the Lava Zone, as well as giving its citizens a voice in the Union
    - The horrific betrayal of Prime Minister Jamezorg by General Bite, who appears to have gone rogue
    - The FMMA's space station, which provides them with a massive technological advantage
    All of theses things are definitely catalysts for future conflict, and I hope to see it come together in a HUGE way in the future.

Nope the war has gone on too long, once it's done we're done. Well for me at least.
    Well, there's still:

Nope the war has gone on too long, once it's done we're done. Well for me at least.

For me too. How many there were? Three? Four?
    Well, there's still:

For me too. How many there were? Three? Four?

Three elections and two wars, the second election and first war was its golden age.

Agreed.
    edited April 2017

Agreed.

dca5d2a93f24d17c727c89562a76f4401423164314_full.jpg

Wait my main character still alive, metaly psychotic but still alive.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

You must go to school for a freaking long time @ResolutionBlaze.
    Skope wrote: »

You must go to school for a freaking long time @ResolutionBlaze.

Went to the toilet, diddnt have any paper, now he lives in that toilet.
    @ResolutionBlaze? We can see if there are people to bring you back if you have fallen there.
    Before the Bite, The ghost in a machine

Bite was struck with horror, his wife's voice was coming echoing through the empty halls of the Marmota. Czar Strogalov grinned a unhealthy grin as his machine soured to life and having removed one of his obstacles from existence. Katyusha was knocked out by the shove of her now gone mother but still had the look of terror on her unconscious face.

Bite "Strogalov.... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY WIFE."

Strogalov "she is dead Bite, her body was disassembled and her consciousness and memory's were uploaded into the Marmota. She is no more Bite all that remains is the echoes of her former self, a ghost in the machine as you might call it."

Annamota "Power levels stable, weapons systems online, targeting system calibrated. Bite get me out of here, I want to gut that pig myself"

Bite "ANNA IM COMING"

Strogalov "There's no point Bite, she can't hear you and that isn't her. It's just her last thoughts before she died"

Bite "No your wrong you barbaric swine, she's alive and I know it. All I need to do is take her out and then we'll kill you where you stand"

Strogalov "I would love to see you try"

Suddenly Bite is surrounded by bubbles and bright purple flashes as a warpers opens a portal to remove him. All his senses are removed and all he could do was think, think for thr longest time in his life.

Bite thought "If Anna is gone and Strogalov is telling the truth then Katyusha would have to grow up without her mother, without her inspiration to make friends, without without a peaceful life. I will have to raise Katyusha, raise her into a general to lead into a pointless war, it would be the only way for her to survive with a NOW ex royal guardsman father. Il make sure that she will never be harmed, for I shall lead that army, I shall lead the revolution and take down the Empire of Red. I am no longer lieutenant Bite of the royal guard, I AM GENERAL BITE OF THE GREATER COMMUNIST SHOAL CONGLOMERATE"

He started to feel again as he could se the exit of the portal. When he hit the ground he found himself outside the palace, behind the revolutionaries and guards defending the gate, that was when he started to see the castle crumble and the ground crack open and spew fire.
    Fitting music

The ground cracked and shifted as magma and rocks spewed out from the tiled brick of the palace entrance. Pillars of marble and windows of glass shattered and buckled under the force of the emerging Marmota. Green pillars of light erupted from the holes and shattered windows of the building as more and more of it turned to rubble, then suddenly a loud screeching sound pierced the water followed by a familiar voice

Annamota "Marmota fully deployed, activating personnel defence sphere and obstruction removers. PLEASE EVERYONE RUN, THE CZARS GONE MAD AND I CANT CONTROL THIS MACHINE."

The castle shattered to reveal the standing colossus, it almost touched the cavern ceiling at its full height and from its joints spewed a glowing green liquid that disolved all it touched that was alive. The machine was armed with tenticles like he's seen from the sea dragon but they were artificial and made A audible grinding noise as they moved, thay also were used to support the mech as it climbed out of its hole like a crabsquid would do. It had giant flippers for arms, the size of a reaper levithan from the end of the tip to the body, from its arms came tethers and anchors like the kind used to hold the precursor structures in place, but these were razor sharp and moved with lightning speed. It's head look like that of a reaper leviathan's with two metal gallon directly beside its jaw to replace the mandibles and more tethers to draw in creatures. At the end of each tallon was a glowing tip that sparked and spewed more of the green liquid to any nearby creature

It's chest was the most intriguing part of its body as instead of the precursor green, a bright orange and red flame errupted from the hole in its chest. It span as orange liquid spewed from the hole and moved round the creature like veins.

Czar "BITE DO YOU HEAR ME, SHOW YOURSELF AND ACCEPT YOUR FATE."

Bite new he had to think of a plan, he couldn't attack head first as the machine could easily swat him or spit at him with that liquid, so he had to either attack from the back or sides. From what he could see of the back, that was where the gun was located, much like how a spike plant would latch onto a reefback and act as defence, from what he could guess the gun would be too dangerous to use this far down without the risk of the collapse also crushing the beast. The best plan of attack would be to dive down from the ceiling and grip onto the neck of the beast, where no defences could be seen. From here he could assault the machines face and possibly find a week point within its eye, or what seems to represent an eye.

Bite knew that the machine was so close to a live beast that it deserves a proper name.

Bite "beast I deem you the emperor's levithan, may your maiden voyage be a failure against my wit."

It was time to act
    edited April 2017
    Behind the Bite. David vs goliath
    prepare for sick beats

With the Marmota fully outstreached it dwarfted where the palace once stood. Green plasma and burnted corpses fell from its body, both soldiers and revolutionaries the Czar did not care for "acceptable loss" Bite knew he had to act now to stop further loss of life

Bite "OVER HERE UGLY"

Strogalov "Poor choice in words Bite"

The Levithans flipper scraped and tore up the ground as it cut its way towards Bite, as it neared him he dodged the blade and rode the split stream from the ground to eye level with the beast. from its shoulders pertuded mechanical tenticles. They swiped and shot towards bite, each time missing by mear inches as he swam within the split stream closer to the face.

Strogalov "Enough of this petty dance, its time to unleash the true power of this fine machine"

The mouth of the Emperor's Levithan open and from it the green liquid erupted, boiling the surrounding water and meting anything in its path. Bite Swam right into the stream and managed use the boiling water and the currents generated to raise futher up into the cavern's ceiling. He could see it all, the entire Red empire and its civilians, both dead and alive.

Strogalov "Thats it, prepair for the Might of precursor weaponry!"

Bite "Oh thats not good."

The precursor cannon on the Marmota's back pooled in green liquid from all ports of the Machine, Lightning and bursts of steam erupted from cooling vents and pylons allong the barrel of the gun. It was now or never for Bite

He shot straight for the face of the beast, as he did the muzzel of the gun began to glow with the all too fimiliar light. Bite swam as hard as he could, even a glansing blow would vaperise him

Bite "FOR ANNA"

With one last battle cry he charged drirectly into the eye of the Marmota, shattering the glass and rushing sea water into the now open air pocket

Marmota "Warning, water contamination within the central prossesing unit, small traces of the carrar bacterium detected within water. Activating warp core"

The gun fired and obbliterated the ceiling as it was locked onto where Bite was. A purple glow surrounded the machine as it traveled through the fabric all reality itself

As it left its portal Bite saw where he was, it was the void

Marmota "Non-Carrar contaminated water reached, ejecting occupents and purging all biological material within hull"

Bite was hurled from the eye socket, he saw more ports open and launch the occupents of the machine into the open ocean, includeing Strogalov

Marmota "All Carrar lifeforms purged, revering back to dermant state"

Strogalov "NO, ANNA I ORDER YOU TO OPEN YOUR WATERLOCK AND LET ME BACK INSIDE"

Bite "I though you said Anna was no more"

With as singel bite Bite bit though the Czar's antena and spat it out into the dark abyss, never to be seen again

Strogalov "AHHHHH, you pesant I am trained in all forms of combat known to biter kind, you stand no chance"

Bite "I dont need training, i just need luck and tactics

*music end*

The two opponents circled each other untill each felt the right use of attack (or untill the intro of the song ends)

Strogalov launches himself into Bite, aiming for his antena. Bite also launches into Strogalov and then they scissor each others in locked jaws, neither one gaining the upper fin in the fight. Bite Crunches down and shatters the Czars inner teeth, leaving nothing but bloddy shards of what were once gold daggers

Strogalov "You idiot, do you know how much that cost to replace? No matter it'll all come out of your wifes paycheck"

Bite "Your phycological attacks wont work on my Strogalov, im a trained soldier so iv seen my fair share of tromatic scenes"

Strogalov "But have you seen this"

Bite is then suddenly blinded as Strogalov spits his shattered teeth into Bite's right pair of eyes leaving a blind spot. The Czar takes this chance to impale Bite in is remaining fangs at the frount of his jaw

Bite "You cheating basterd"

Bite swims with his remaining strength, ripping into his sides but also pulling out the remaining teeth of the Czar

Bite "First rule of swarm combat, disabel your enemy's form of attack then cease the kill."

Bite lauches himself once more into Strogalov, headbutting him directly on the nose.

Strogalov "What did that acomplish? what, like your prey with less blood?"

Bite "Oh your not my prey, your his"

*music end*

Suddenly a Reaper levithan lauches from the depths of the void and swollows Strogalov whole, ending the fight. Bite limply swims to where the staff of the palace has assembled.

Bite "Have you seen Katyusha?"

Cook "Yes she's being taken care of by the maids, but first let my ask you HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET BACK TO THE CAVERN?"

Bite "WE not going to go into that cavern, the ceiling collapsed and that machine shattered the ground and caused an errupting, everyone there is dead. I saw it with my own eyes"

Bite swam to where Katyusha layed rest, he looked and saw that she was only unconsious, but he would still have to explain where Anna went

Bite "WAIT ANNA"

Bite swam into the Marmota's eye socket and noticed that the entire surface of the large space was covered in pulsating green veins all connecting to a pillar in the middel of the Machine

Bite "Anna? are you there"

Anna "Yes Bite im here. I killed them Bite, the entire empire is dead because of me"

Bite "No its not your fualt, Strogalov is dead now, you cant blame yourself that monster got what he deserved"

Anna "Im just so sad that ill never see Katyusha again, il never see her grow up or hold her against my heart. Bite you have to prommise me somthing"

Bite "Yes Anna anything"

Anna "Make sure that you love Katyusha twise as much, never leave her side and make sure she has a happy life. Please never seperate the family again, Strogalov almost had her turned into me and i could never want this on anyone else"

Bite "Dont worry, il make sure she never leaves my side"

Anna "Could you bring her here please, I want to say one last goodbye before im placed back into the palace basement"

Bite brought Katyush into the head of the machine and infrount of the centeral Pillar, a small tentacle pertuded from the ground with a large cylinder at one end. It emmits a green light and scans the sleeping girl

Anna "This way I can always remeber what she looks like"

Another tentacle pertudes from the ground, this time with an attackment that looks like a blackened floater at the end. It begins to stroak Katyusha as more tentacle gently pick her up, holding her almost like a mother would hold her baby

Then Anna begins to sing a lullaby as she rocks Katyusha

She places Katyusha down and retracts all the tentacle, "Please now bring the others inside, I can feel the warp cores bringing me back to the Castel

As the group return back the the cavern the entire place is in ruin. Magma spews from the ceiling and ground an not a single biter remains. The shoal swim through the melting ruins of the empire and into the exit of the lava lake. When Bite looks at his home for the last time a section of the new seafloor collapses and reveals a sinkhole, into which a dormant evil lays to rest untill he himself with awaken it in three years

As the group travel up from the mouth of the exit they meet in the koosh zone to assess what will happen.

Bite "The monarchy of the past will reighn no longer, for now we shal have equality, we shall have our communist conglomerate. With me leading its army we will ensure pease throughout the seas of the is planet, through our supremacy we'll conquer all nations that oppose us. WE ARE THE GCSC, our first target is the empire of the blind eye for once we unit under one flag, we would of already rebuilt from the fall of the Empire of Red"

Butler "But we are so few, how would we ever win in a fight against that kingdom"

Bite "The same way I killed the Czar, distraction and then pulling the rug from under them"
    and que the badass closing scene music

And so Bite swam with his shoal into the blood kelp, the blood of his men littered his trackes where he swam. He later heard of an election for the grand reef that peeked his intrests of domination, from this he learnt of other empire that had risen. Then from the skys fell a starship that held an alien hell bent on saving the planet. After losing the election he tried his luck with sacuing the lost river, the ancient trade highway between the Empire of Red and the Kingdom of the Blind Eye.

That was untill the crabsquid of the grand reef attacked the lost river, severing his connection to the blood kelp. He returned once again to the ruins of the Empire and envoked the power of the precursor, But like the saying goes, "power corrupts". He ended the way with a peace agreement between the rival nations. As another election began his people were threatened by the chaotic Violence party who wished to purge most of his people. He destroyed the thermal plant with his wifes help but with it killed the alien and destroyed his plans of a cure.

From this a artificial army left the starship and waged war on his people, this all ended when he decided to evacuate himself and his daughter into the void to escape the war. When he retunred he found his people slaves once again to a tyranical ruler. He vowed to destroy the Machine, Vowed that all machines will fall, this is what he fough for. Not for pride or power, but for freedom. When suddenly the great evil rose when the robot and the remaining biter survivors stole the eggs of a levithan that lived below Bite's old home, Bite knew what this was as old Empire scripture talked of this beast "Emperor Levithan", with this evil came the dissease that the alien vowed to cure.

The once rivaled nations agreed that this evil must be stoped and so began the lava war. With his only last connection to his Bitermanity was the hope of bringing his wife back and his daughter Katyusha, who grew up to be a brilliant General just like her father that was untill the day that he broke his prommise. With this Bite broke down, killing his once best freind that he played football with during the first war and augmenting himself to become the perfect killing machine, he only chance left of redemption would be to reunite the family, and to do that Pater had to die.
    THE CHINESE SHALL NOT RUIN THIS FOURM, VIVA LA REVELUTION
    Moving for @ResolutionBlaze

- Deploy 1 stalker at IG

- Move 1 Reaper OG-IG

- Move 1 Stalker E2-C
    Reinforcements:

@phantomfinch - 3 armies

@Casual_Player - 3 PRAWNS
    FMMA

Deployment:

- 3 PRAWNS on IG2.

Movements:

All Cyclops one territory up.

Attacks:

Attack EC with 4 Cyclops and 2 PRAWNS
    Battle report:

FMMA x Lava Empire at EC of Entrance B. FMMA attacks with 4 Cyclops and 2 Prawns. Lava Empire defends with 1 mesmer, 1 Lava Lizard, and 2 Lava Larva.

Report: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Active powers:

FMMA = “It’s Drilling Time!” = re-roll the dice with the smaller value. The new dice will be valid if the new value surpass the adversary's dice value, being otherwise ignored.

Lava Larva: Energy Drain ( -1 to any FMMA attacks on an area with a Lava Larva. This is not cumulative)

Mesmer: Entrancing call ( A Mesmer can move one unit from an adjacent area to help defend or attack. The Mesmer-ized unit then has -1 to all attacks for 3 turns after this power is used.). No available allies on adjacent territories.

Armie equivalents:

1 Cyclops = 3 PRAWNS

Dice Values:

FMMA = 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1

Lava Empire = 5, 5, 4, 1

FMMA win the battle. EC of Entrance B conquered with 14 armies (4 Cyclops + 2 PRAWNS)