What kind of mod do you want to see?

Comments

• TheRelmLordTheRelmLord The Void Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226060Members
    I Wanted Two. The Base One And The Tech One.
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    @NerdyEric are we going to knock it unconscious and feed it berries?

Perfect.........i0t5gyod26xi.jpg
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited April 2017
    All I'd really like to see now is a mod that makes the biome fog of the deeper biomes like the Lost River darker.
    @Morph_Guy Yeah that's what I'm doing right now
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    Are you already working on some mods? Because I wanted to suggest a cyclops mod (too much too ask?) maybe a simple rotation of the front and back to get into smaller spaces. (maybe all the doors could close like the fire suppression system to keep players from falling out) or the cyclops could drive itself forward automatically without help. (if you do see this as a good idea you should probably wait for the next cyclops update because it will most likely break your mod) thanks!
    @WaviestBow6 I don't know how I'd rotate the front and back in the model or how it would be activated.
    @nesrak1 ya, I see your point. How about the automatic driving? Maybe you could have a simple button on the cockpit that would have the cyclops move in the direction it faces.
    edited April 2017
    @WaviestBow6 Pretty easy. The update won't break anything.
    @nesrak1 Good! Good! :) ya, something simple like that could fix the nuisance of driving from biome to biome!
    Nice! Alright I'll let you do your thing :) thank you!
    I'm trying to finish up that higher fog mod but these random lines keep flashing (btw I have it one a 1 sec toggle between no fog and fog)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I'm trying to finish up that higher fog mod but these random lines keep flashing (btw I have it one a 1 sec toggle between no fog and fog)

Subnautica: The Revenge of the Acid Mushroom
    :ɪ turns out it was just me corrupting scene files nothing to see here
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    Fauna/Flora mods would be ideal.
  • cowboycomando54cowboycomando54 Join Date: 2017-04-20 Member: 229773Members
    PRAWN arm mods, for example a mod that lets you modify the grappling arm into a harpoon arm. This not only will let you grapple on to surfaces, but will damage any creatures that you grapple on to. This would make fighting leviathans, crab-squids, and any other beast that tries to ruin your day a little easier. Or a mod that gives you the ability to lock on and scan a target while in the prawn suit.
    1. Deploy the Sunflare like a beacon, ideally at least 20-30m above the seafloor. It will stay put just like a beacon.
    2. Countdown timer starts. Flare auto-ignites in 5-10 seconds. You have that time to get clear of it. If you're still within, say, 10m of the Sunflare at ignition, you start taking heat damage.
    3. The Sunflare burns for, oh, 5 realtime minutes. While it's burning, though, it's casting a 50m(?) sphere of intense white light - enough to make it daytime at the bottom of the darkest deep. If you approach it during the burn, you get burnt. (No picking this up and reusing it. Unless you're sick of having hands, that is.)
    4. At the end of its burn, it disintegrates. Nothing to reclaim.
    @scifiwriterguy I started on yours because I wanted something easy to do after messing with the fog.

Everyone else: Still working on fog, faster creatures, more damage, etc. since that's top on the poll.
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    Random stuff would be cool. Then base modules and new workable items if it won't kill performance too bad.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited April 2017
    @EnglishInfidel skyrim's got plenty of those...
    Sub's got no third person or NPCs

Speaking of skyrim, make a mod where the "FUS RO DAH" soundbyte plays whenever you use the repulsion cannon. I'm tired of yelling it and getting weird looks.
    @kingkuma I haven't tried sounds... that uses Fmod and last time I checked, internal sounds wouldn't play.
    Also I guess its time for BAE again
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It's the weird looks that makes me do that though, I like weird looks they fuel my madness
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    Anything to help performance.
    edited April 2017
    @pie1055 You most likely won't see that in a mod. IL works but that's for Monos not for actual code. The only way you could do that would be hacked in without dml
    edit: for people who don't understand:
    There's a way you create a copy of a class (piece of code) in code, edit it, and reload it, and use some Unity magic to replace that script on a GameObject all while the game is loading. The only problem is, if the class isn't a MonoBehaviour, you can't modify it, because that class is not attached to any GameObject, and therefore, we don't have a reference to the class's instance(s).
    Most likely the classes controlling how terrain is loaded is not a MonoBehaviour.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    @nesrak1 I didn't want to imply for you to try to work on all of my suggestions. Pick one or more, again, if possible, to work with. I don't know a thing about programming, but would be possible to add more upgrade and inventory slots by adding something like a "hidden slot"? It was used on the mod SlotsSlotsSlots for Witcher 3, and while it didn't add anything new to the inventory screen, some slots had the option for putting the skill on a "hidden slot", with these skills being recognized as active. And nice work so far!
    @Casual_Player I don't know how difficult it is because I don't know how its been implemented.
  • TheStellarEngineerTheStellarEngineer United States Join Date: 2017-03-19 Member: 229041Members
    BASE DESTRUCTION! What if your base was able to collapse, rooms falling apart, reactors exploding, system failures and file corruption! Then, the wreckage must be explored, using the laser cutter to slice parts into carrying-sized pieces and sticking them into place again with the welder! Large-scale flooding may be too much weight and force! And the scanner room can help locate lost parts!
    edited April 2017
    @TheStellarEngineer So will it have around the same health as the cyclops? :​3
    edit: you gotta lot of exclamation marks there
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    BASE DESTRUCTION! What if your base was able to collapse, rooms falling apart, reactors exploding, system failures and file corruption! Then, the wreckage must be explored, using the laser cutter to slice parts into carrying-sized pieces and sticking them into place again with the welder! Large-scale flooding may be too much weight and force! And the scanner room can help locate lost parts!

Is that even possible for the mod to do that? I mean, I think the base structures would need to be recognizes as a "vehicle" instead of normal buildings.
    edited April 2017
    @Casual_Player Fun fact: The event that gets called when you create a vehicle is the same event that gets called when you create a base
    @Casual_Player Fun fact: The event that gets called when you create a vehicle is the same event that gets called when you create a base

Interesting. But there must be some value that allows fauna to distinguish between vehicles and bases. Is it possible to make fauna recognize them as the same thing?

I remember one time there was a Reaper near my base. He approached me when I was swimming, but gave up every time I got inside my base. It was like, for it, I vanished from the world at the moment I entered the base.