'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Hmm. Can we have the Precursors return or something? xD This ride is starting to feel like a Rolls-Royce piloted by Selkirk: flawless, exquisite, but no adrenaline. Not that I'm complaining. Just itching. (Please feel free to ignore my whining, I would, lol - I'm sure you've got everything all planned out, and I wouldn't want to change whatever that is.)
  • radarscaderadarscade illinois Join Date: 2017-04-18 Member: 229727Members
    weres this 4atr6x55upne.jpg
    when will it be in the game???
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    radarscade wrote: »

Wrong place to ask that question. The chances of it getting into the actual game are numbers too small for me to write. The chances of it getting into Borealis Rising are significantly higher, but still small.

Long story short, no, it will not get implemented.

Now, back to the story.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited April 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Hmm. Can we have the Precursors return or something? xD This ride is starting to feel like a Rolls-Royce piloted by Selkirk: flawless, exquisite, but no adrenaline. Not that I'm complaining. Just itching. (Please feel free to ignore my whining, I would, lol - I'm sure you've got everything all planned out, and I wouldn't want to change whatever that is.)

Absolutely correct. I do have a definite plan for the rest of this story.

Also, bear in mind that the Rolls-Royce has done some serious off-road work recently. We're simply running the old girl through the car wash. ;)
  • VesperVesper North, to Alaska! Join Date: 2016-01-21 Member: 211748Members
    As always, amazing work. And a little bump back to the first page to battle spam . . .
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Well, this could definitely go south in a hurry.

Went to a deep, dark place in an evil area- Check

Tell people there are dangerous and off-limits areas- Check

Lots of people in an enclosed space- Check

Multiple days of free time- Check

I'd say this is the perfect recipe for death and disaster.

Or maybe I've been reading too much Flagship Eclipse.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    edited April 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    Well, this could definitely go south in a hurry.

Went to a deep, dark place in an evil area- Check

Tell people there are dangerous and off-limits areas- Check

Lots of people in an enclosed space- Check

Multiple days of free time- Check

I'd say this is the perfect recipe for death and disaster.

Or maybe I've been reading too much Flagship Eclipse.

Boy, I sure am excited for Alien Covenant.

C'mon, I don't think Buggyzopper is as sadistic as yours truly when it comes to these sorts of things.

I've been known to talk in my sleep, checking off all the dead people like a serial killer.

EDIT: And I never got the phrase off-limits... surely if there are places you can't go they're limits. My room's off-limits; there's nothing limiting me from my room. From now on I'm going to be saying on-limits. I don't care if people don't understand, I'll feel better about myself. Me ranting about the phrase off-limits in this edit has gone on longer than the actual post. I think this is a good time to stop.
    "off-limits" means more or less "outside of the allowable limits"

But that would refer to a person who is outside the off-limit area. Calling a place off-limits is different, I think.
    Jamezorg wrote: »

But that would refer to a person who is outside the off-limit area. Calling a place off-limits is different, I think.

This is beginning to be a bit of a de-rail, so if you feel the need, @Foxy go ahead and move it:

The statement would be: "This area is off- (that is, out of) limits (the acceptable area)". You're operating from the position of the "limits" (acceptable area), and saying that the no-go zone is off / outside of it. In other words, do not go past where you are now, it is forbidden to trespass here.

define: off-limits

off limits
    phrase of limit
    1. out of bounds.
      "they declared the site off limits"
      synonyms: out of bounds, forbidden, banned, restricted, unacceptable, taboo
      "access to their mother's workshop was strictly off limits"
      • not to be mentioned or discussed.
        "it was apparent that the whole topic was off limits"
    Jamezorg wrote: »

This is beginning to be a bit of a de-rail, so if you feel the need, @Foxy go ahead and move it:

The statement would be: "This area is off- (that is, out of) limits (the acceptable area)". You're operating from the position of the "limits" (acceptable area), and saying that the no-go zone is off / outside of it. In other words, do not go past where you are now, it is forbidden to trespass here.

define: off-limits

off limits
    phrase of limit
    1. out of bounds.
      "they declared the site off limits"
      synonyms: out of bounds, forbidden, banned, restricted, unacceptable, taboo
      "access to their mother's workshop was strictly off limits"
      • not to be mentioned or discussed.
        "it was apparent that the whole topic was off limits"

Okay, I get it now :)

Just thought it was one of those times two words are smashed together even though they don't mean anything together. I can't think of any examples right now, but I know they exist, and I know that under any other circumstances those two words wouldn't make sense together.

Thank you for proving to me that off-limits was not an example of this. It was noice.
    that's the biggest tangent that's ever tangented
    While I sincerely appreciate those occasional bumps, folks...

Please try to keep any wildly tangental posts as brief as possible. Non-existent would be even better.

Thanks.
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    While I sincerely appreciate those occasional bumps, folks...

Please try to keep any wildly tangental posts as brief as possible. Non-existent would be even better.

Thanks.

Sorry @Bugzapper

@Foxy If you would, can you please split out the OT posts? Thanks. (:
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I wondered whether the Reapers and Crabsquid's rebellious behaviour against the Sea Emperor would come into play later. And the Warpers seemed to fear both, so they probably won't help our intrepid heroes.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Skope wrote: »
    radarscade wrote: »

Wrong place to ask that question. The chances of it getting into the actual game are numbers too small for me to write. The chances of it getting into Borealis Rising are significantly higher, but still small.

Long story short, no, it will not get implemented.

Such a shame, because that model is TOTALLY, UTTERLY SHINY.
    edited May 2017
    Man...

I was really hoping for some exciting action in this chapter.

Oh well.

I'll take a large popcorn and a hot dog. ;)
    Very true. Very true.

Just ignore my impatient posting.
    My impatience may be a side-effect of just finishing Aurora Falls once again, and I'm hungry for more Rock Puncher attacks. Aurora Falls has that effect on me. Sorry if my whining detracted from your story. Please continue.
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    Nice to know Pokemon is still a thing in the future.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    Wait...what do you mean this is the current last part. NOOOOO
    Kellise wrote: »
    Wait...what do you mean this is the current last part. NOOOOO

Problem?
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    A story can't go on forever, even if the main characters are immortal. Except doctor who. That can go on forever.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members