VR Cyclops / Seamoth docking bug

2»

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    If anyone wants to try this fix now, switch to the experimental version on steam and give us feedback: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Experimental_Mode
  • YohaskanYohaskan Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222961Members
    edited April 2017
    I have just make a VR speed test on a old save, experimental Build number 1315 at 4/14/2017 1:17:55 AM
    SEAMOTH DOCKING is Ok for me
    i can dock SEAMOTH , move forward and undock the Seamouth without bug

I have juste some other texture bugs and now, a moonpool docking bug :sweat:
    But it's a old save... i try later with a new save and clean cache directory

bug texture
    mini_9850022017041400008.jpg
    mini_7922392017041400006.jpg

• lopin18lopin18 Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227992Members
    OMG sweet jesus, its finally over, I CAN FINALLY PLAY AGAIN. It works perfectly so far.

Thank you, i was harsh all the time but i was salty as hell that something like this remained for so long. Thank you thank you.

Minor things are texture problems and the view decentering when mounting the subs (have to play standing up or else ill break my neck trying to correct for it)

But this is good enough, this is all i needed to keep playing. THANKS.
  • neelneel Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227968Members
    Yes, thank you for the bugfix.
  • DeeHawkDeeHawk Denmark Join Date: 2017-04-05 Member: 229424Members
    Thank you so much, Dev! Now I can play my favourite VR game again!
  • xerphxerph Join Date: 2018-02-13 Member: 237522Members
    Hi, i still got some Problems. after i try to dock my seamoth, i fall out of the submarine and the cyclops jumps away. Last time i lost my cyclops because ist jumped out of the water and flying above me :(
    Only Workaround is to jump out the seamoth half a second after the Auto Docking is started. (Oculus, lastest experimental version)

• Sovereign108Sovereign108 Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237874Members
    xerph wrote: »
    Hi, i still got some Problems. after i try to dock my seamoth, i fall out of the submarine and the cyclops jumps away. Last time i lost my cyclops because ist jumped out of the water and flying above me :(
    Only Workaround is to jump out the seamoth half a second after the Auto Docking is started. (Oculus, lastest experimental version)

I have the exact same issue but with the HTC Vive

Game breaking bug :(
  • magrinmagrin US Join Date: 2018-08-10 Member: 242762Members
    I have just started playing this game in Oculus VR and have the same bug, its not 100% but I would say 90% of the time
    I dock with the cyclops the cyclops teleports to new location and I have to swim to it, once I get close it drops from the
    Sky and plunges into the ocean. This Bug has caused me to go back to other games, its a shame because this is
    bar far the best VR game I have played.
  • DavkiraDavkira Sweden Join Date: 2019-02-11 Member: 250809Members
    Hey! Came here to say this as well, playing with the Rift and cannot dock and undock the seamoth without it all teleporting away, leaving me unable to continue with the game since I need that cyclops to go explore the depths. I'm very sad to not be able to go further since this game is amazing in VR.
    Please fix this!
    Kind regards
  • neelneel Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227968Members
    Damn still not fixed ? I thought it was.

Well if it's still not then there is no hope now the team has moved on developping subnautica below zero.
    Also they don't seem to like VR much as they don't plan to make below zero support VR...

I guess the only hope for this bug may be a community fix.