Theory- why we cant find survivors

JoebobkillJoebobkill Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228781Members
I was looking at old bases on the floater Islands and also noticed the Sunbeam arrives unusually fast, especially for it being weeks out... could time be effected on this planet? Time goes by faster while on planet than not. Say years elapse in the span of minutes.... the aliens have somehow messed with time and infected the planet. It doesnt explain why there are no remains but again, the aliens could be capturing them or their bodies.

This only works if the player is the last to touch down on the surface. It also does not explain the Auora being there or the fact that there are no remains on the Aurora either.

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited April 2017
    If I remember the story correctly, it's been ten years since the Degassi crew went missing.

That's more than enough time for an ocean environment to have pretty much erased any organic trace of the crew.
    B)
  • JoebobkillJoebobkill Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228781Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    If I remember the story correctly, it's been ten years since the Degassi crew went missing.

That's more than enough time for an ocean environment to have pretty much erased any organic trace of the crew.
    B)

Ok- but what about the Aurora crew and missing survivors? If they touched down first then therotically years would have passed by before the player touched down if he was last- the theory has holes I know, but just thinking.
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    In the opening sequence when you get knocked out that black screen should last a couple of HOURS before you wake up that sound like enough time for the creatures to eat all the remains
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Take a look at the dates on your PDA. The times between the Sunbeams messages are a couple of weeks, I believe.
    Personally, while exploring the game, I'd rather NOT find an arm or leg floating around in the environment, let alone a complete body.
    :#
  • Ender455Ender455 Join Date: 2016-09-13 Member: 222284Members
    Dont forget that the warpers are out there hunting down any survivors, and as for the bodies on the ship, the pda warns you that human remains were detected in the digestive systems of the cave crawlers.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Joebobkill wrote: »

B)

Ok- but what about the Aurora crew and missing survivors? If they touched down first then therotically years would have passed by before the player touched down if he was last- the theory has holes I know, but just thinking.

Personally, I like to assume that we, the player survive because we are totally awesome compared to all the "sheep" who are the other survivors from the Aurora. :)
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    garath wrote: »

B)

Personally, I like to assume that we, the player survive because we are totally awesome compared to all the "sheep" who are the other survivors from the Aurora. :)

If the other people on the Aurora were sheep compared to our character, then they must have been so lame as to make the people in Wall-E look like fit, active go-getters.

I mean come on, in the entire game there is not one instance of our character thinking for themselves. AT ALL. Were probably playing as one of the least smart and capable characters in video game history.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    sayerulz wrote: »

B)

If the other people on the Aurora were sheep compared to our character, then they must have been so lame as to make the people in Wall-E look like fit, active go-getters.

I mean come on, in the entire game there is not one instance of our character thinking for themselves. AT ALL. Were probably playing as one of the least smart and capable characters in video game history.

Are you talking about the in-game character, or the majority of players? :p Go watch people play Subnautica on YouTube for the first time. Sometimes I wonder if gamers aren't like wildlife -- if you feed them too much for too long, they lose the ability to feed themselves.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    sayerulz wrote: »

B)

Are you talking about the in-game character, or the majority of players? :p Go watch people play Subnautica on YouTube for the first time. Sometimes I wonder if gamers aren't like wildlife -- if you feed them too much for too long, they lose the ability to feed themselves.

The in-game charcter. Although, the game does very little to encourage creativity from gamers.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Also the Aurora's explosion would have vaporized everyone.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members

Nah. Don't forget the Aurora cave crawlers are known to have eaten at least some. So the Aurora blast wasn't set on vaporize...more like "mulch." ;)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

Nah. Don't forget the Aurora cave crawlers are known to have eaten at least some. So the Aurora blast wasn't set on vaporize...more like "mulch." ;)

Well now that's ingrained into my mind.

People Mulch

*shiver*
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

Yeah, considering they only warned you to keep a 1KM safety range, I'm surprised it wrecked the Aurora's structure like it did (probably because it acted as a pressure vessel that had to blow apart somewhere - yes I know I'm probably not using the correct terms, sorry).
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members

Ah, ok.
    Obviously, some folks around here have never seen the movie "FARGO".

B)
  • player_no_1player_no_1 Join Date: 2019-05-06 Member: 252764Members
    My theory about the aliens themselve:
    The story goes that the aliens got infected by kharaa, healthy ones leave, infected stays. A gun, only be disabled by healthy people. Question: where are the aliens (or bodys)

Theory 1: died and completely swallowed by leviathans. Simple as that?

Theory 2: moved to a unknown location. (The void? Via the unopened portal?)

Theory 3/idea:
    Found a cure against kharaa but never left the planet... There are/will be added aliens where you can interact with.
    Theory 3.1:
    Hostile aliens, you need to kill them to get to the gun.
    Theory 3.2:
    Passive aliens, trading items with you such as tablets (inspired by minecraft villagers)

Questions, ideas, other things you want to say? Tell me!
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    THERE ALL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • player_no_1player_no_1 Join Date: 2019-05-06 Member: 252764Members
    Personally, while exploring the game, I'd rather NOT find an arm or leg floating around in the environment, let alone a complete body.
    :#

Just no worries. If I can eat them it's all good. No killing poor peepers anymore☺
  • SeliphraSeliphra Canada Join Date: 2018-07-03 Member: 241906Members
    My theory about the aliens themselve:
    The story goes that the aliens got infected by kharaa, healthy ones leave, infected stays. A gun, only be disabled by healthy people. Question: where are the aliens (or bodys)

Theory 1: died and completely swallowed by leviathans. Simple as that?

Theory 2: moved to a unknown location. (The void? Via the unopened portal?)

Theory 3/idea:
    Found a cure against kharaa but never left the planet... There are/will be added aliens where you can interact with.
    Theory 3.1:
    Hostile aliens, you need to kill them to get to the gun.
    Theory 3.2:
    Passive aliens, trading items with you such as tablets (inspired by minecraft villagers)

Questions, ideas, other things you want to say? Tell me!

I mean, we do know though what happened to everyone? The game reveals it, but you have to read the PDA entries you find... I don't want to spoil it, so all I'll say is the aliens definitely aren't being added in, and we do know what happened to them. At least, they won't be added to the main subnautica game. Who knows with Below Zero!
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    I like all of the theories but i just think that they either starved or got eaten (like what it looks like for life pod 6 or 7 (cuz where 5).)
  • RockaBen99RockaBen99 Join Date: 2019-03-26 Member: 251971Members
    I like all of the theories but i just think that they either starved or got eaten (like what it looks like for life pod 6 or 7 (cuz where 5).)

And one blew themselves up.
    Lifepod 6
  • crabsquidguycrabsquidguy Uk Join Date: 2019-06-01 Member: 253180Members
    THERE ALL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!
    well if you look at below zero there's one surviver
  • LlamageddonLlamageddon Join Date: 2019-06-12 Member: 253332Members
    I'm not sure so as to the point of everyone here coming up with theories o,o
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    THERE ALL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!
    well if you look at below zero there's one surviver

TRUE but its not in the main game