The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    wowwink wrote: »
    Wow this is still going

I'm glad it is, it's like a news source for what's cracking with Subnautica development.

I'm surprised it's not pinned.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    As far as I can see, this forum seems to have some sort of rule that official messages directly from UWE staff (either game staff or forum staff) are pinned. But you could always page @ Foxy and ask, it wouldn't hurt.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited March 2017
    As far as I can see, this forum seems to have some sort of rule that official messages directly from UWE staff (either game staff or forum staff) are pinned. But you could always page @ Foxy and ask, it wouldn't hurt.
    04Leonhardt got his thread pinned, and that was for base layouts. Maybe this could get pinned
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited March 2017
    We all know about Sammy the Safety Reaper... but did you know about his new friend, Superpeeper?

C7jq28SXQAAgdZx.jpg.png
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    We all know about Sammy the Safety Reaper... but did you know about his new friend, Superpeeper?

C7jq28SXQAAgdZx.jpg.png

Quick! Someone draw this in an adorable way!

That should get a comic started.
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    submarine-hologram-projector-in-game
    e1o84w4iunez.jpg

Wut? Anyone knows what that might mean?
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited March 2017
    kJG wrote: »
    e1o84w4iunez.jpg

Maybe for the Scanner room?
    e1o84w4iunez.jpg

Maybe what the seaglide has plus a hologram of the submersible you're currently driving? Would make sense if the cyclops is going to take damage when bumping into stuff and you're expected to avoid it.
  • ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
    edited March 2017
    This is for the cyclops hologram: latest?cb=20170217194450
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    ChrisFo wrote: »
    This is for the cyclops hologram: latest?cb=20170217194450

Now all I need to do is bring a freind over, make them play subnautica and tell them to attack a reaper leviathan, after finding one I will pull out one of my most fabulous capes and barks orders at them
    "RAISE THE SHEILD","GO BEARING 330 AT FLANK SPEED".
    SN CyclopsXplo 02:

How the cyclops explosion would look like from the inside + the transition from intact cyclops -> explosion -> destroyed cyclops from the outside aswell. Very cool! I like the detail of the metal salvage dropping all over the place
    Also, new bleeder animation:

It now fills with blood. A tad too much suction animation imo, the bleeders body looks like a balloon getting filled and deflated again within half a second. Still cool
  • PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    Oh, boy... folks, get out your extra brown pants. The sounds of the terrifying Ghost Leviathan!

I thought exploring the Styx was creepy enough as it was. THAT proves me wrong. :|
    edited April 2017
    https://www.reddit.com/r/subnautica/comments/64174k/what_was_good_about_the_cyclops_update/

... and changes are already being made. From the checkins:

46338 Feedback/Bug Fixes for Cyclops -- Start Adding Decoy Systems

46337 Cyclops Feedback and Decoy 2017-04-07 21:13:02 Scott Thunelius added decoy

Awesome work!
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    So, I was browsing the Trello while eagerly anticipating the April 12th update (so far it still says April 12th!)
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Update: It's out now (early). It's still being distributed globally, try launching the game & restarting your Xbox. Look for 46232 in the top right of screen when playing to be sure you have the save/load patch.

• TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
  • AdarathAdarath Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229578Members
    Are you sure that the silent running update is out for stable version ? On the trello roadmap, devs says 12 april but can't update my game on steam. I have it on the experimental but it's out 5 days ago so i was thinking that the schedule on trello was for the stable version.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited April 2017
    Adarath wrote: »
    Are you sure that the silent running update is out for stable version ? On the trello roadmap, devs says 12 april but can't update my game on steam. I have it on the experimental but it's out 5 days ago so i was thinking that the schedule on trello was for the stable version.

That's about the XBox update. According to Steam, the Cyclops update won't land today and might take another week.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited April 2017
    So, I was browsing the Trello while eagerly anticipating the April 12th update (so far it still says April 12th!)
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Update: It's out now (early). It's still being distributed globally, try launching the game & restarting your Xbox. Look for 46232 in the top right of screen when playing to be sure you have the save/load patch.

Yeah, I saw that too, but I'm on PC though. The patch was for Xbox only, cuz I relaunched my game twice last night on the 11th at 9pm and again at 11pm (EST) and there was no update patch. In fact I launched the game just now (9:16a) and I'm still on the Feb-2017 45367 Stable update. :(
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    That's about the XBox update. According to Steam, the Cyclops update won't land today and might take another week.

Really? I hope that's really not the case. :cry: I mean... I know the game is early access and stuff is subject to change; I'm perfectly fine with that. I had just hoped that since the last few Stable updates were each pushed back, and after this particular update was originally posted April 1 (it was changed to the 12th since Feb-2017 45367 update was finally made live on March 2nd) that they had everything lined up accordingly.

I can't speak for others, but I have no problem waiting for "New Update XYZ" if it's 6 weeks away from today as long as it's posted being 6 weeks away. If it's posted as being 4 weeks away and then eventually gets pushed back to 6 weeks away, then I get edgy. I know stuff happens and sometimes they need more time, but it just feels bad when it gets reposted, lol. :sweat_smile:

EDIT: I want to point out, that I'm NOT complaining at all that Xbox players got the April update and PC users must wait, not at all. Xbox players have been dealing with a crippling issue where they could not even load their save files in certain situations, and the games would have to be restarted fresh. PC users however have been having no playability issues for the last month, so I'm perfectly happy that they are able to enjoy the game once again. :blush:
    edited April 2017
    Eh? XB1 just got a savedgame patch and that was it... didn't notice that the patch dates were close, so I thought you were referring to the XB1 update; my apologies. xP

EDIT: it gets pushed back because things take longer than anticipated, and I imagine there's some bugs that come up last minute that they'd rather spare us from experiencing (see: bugs labeled "Update Blocking" here
    edited April 2017
    @0x6A7232 Oh yeah, I totally understand that. Things happen and plans change; you can't always go by things set in stone. But personally I'd like it better if I saw "Update scheduled in 8 weeks" and then it gets pushed up to 6 by good fortune, as opposed to "Update scheduled in 4 weeks" and then it gets pushed back to 6 due to issues. That way it feels like Christmas came early and I got a cool new toy, instead of socks and underwear.

...Not that I'm knocking socks and underwear, mind you. Having gotten older I've come to appreciate the value of worthwhile clothing, especially if it's a gift. :blush:
    So, I was browsing the Trello while eagerly anticipating the April 12th update (so far it still says April 12th!) While there I was reading over the various entries for April as well as in the future... and I came across this card:

https://trello.com/c/b9PlvLPk/263-start-working-on-expansion :open_mouth:

Now, I know this is some time aways and we won't be seeing it anytime soon... but OMG! The thought of having an expansion for Subnautica both excites me and makes me want to speculate about the possibilities...

1. A New Game+ mode, where you must scavenge the Aurora wreck and try to make it spaceworthy?
    2. A sequel, where you must build a base on Planet 4546B's moon and "survey" the aftermath of the starship crash? (AKA steal the Precursor technology)
    3. A companion game, where you play as one of Alterra's rivals and you must establish foothold on 4546B to build the phasegate and crush your enemies?
    4. Or a prequel, where you play as the doomed crew of the Degasi and learned what really happened before the Aurora even reaches the planet?

...The possibilities boggle the mind and titillate the senses! :love:

I think you misunderstood what an expansion is. The possibilities you gave sound more like content for sequels! Except maybe for point 1, but I guess a flying active Aurora would explode the scale of a mere expansionpack.

The expansion would include new technology, new storylines (?), new biomes (lillypad islands/twisty bridges?) + the flora and fauna that goes with it. At least that would be my bet. Now that I think about it the arctic biome would seem to be an ideal candidate for an own expansion pack
    I think you misunderstood what an expansion is. The possibilities you gave sound more like content for sequels! Except maybe for point 1, but I guess a flying active Aurora would explode the scale of a mere expansion pack.

Well, I was basing it on expansions like for Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft. They add new jobs, monsters, equipment and areas to the existing game, but the original content remains (in fact, is required to play the new content). It could also be like CoD or such, adding new areas or situations to play under. My point is, it's up to the developers on how they want to go; but your or my ideas are perfectly valid. The sky's the limit! (unless the Precursor gun is on) :D
    I think you misunderstood what an expansion is. The possibilities you gave sound more like content for sequels! Except maybe for point 1, but I guess a flying active Aurora would explode the scale of a mere expansion pack.

Well, I was basing it on expansions like for Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft. They add new jobs, monsters, equipment and areas to the existing game, but the original content remains (in fact, is required to play the new content). It could also be like CoD or such, adding new areas or situations to play under. My point is, it's up to the developers on how they want to go; but your or my ideas are perfectly valid. The sky's the limit! (unless the Precursor gun is on) :D

The expansion should put you in control of a reaper swimming in an ocean that keeps getting pelted by these weird metal pods that have the most tasty treats inside.
    edited April 2017
    https://trello.com/c/6HNkRyNn/6305-seadragon-expression-anims

Prelim: These anims should exist in their own file. If animations exist already in another file, copy that file, nuke all unnecessary anims and work form there. It is important that the seadragon's body be neutral.. Zero all controls and work only from the neck up. Torso posing is permissible, but not arm animation.

Finally, there MUST be a base pose at frame zero that is COMPLETELY zeroed for additive layering to work.

These anims will add character to the seadragon, as well as be where the mouth attacks reside. These are cocks to the head, blinks, squints, licking lips, and whatnot. These will all go on an additive layer for expressions.

All anims for this layer should be done facing forwards. You can animate them off center, but keep in mind any directions of the head will primarily be handled by the look layer described here: Seadragon - Neck anim. Remember that some of these directional looks may be active at the same time as your animation, so avoid too drastic of turns that if additively layered with the neck may cause problems.

As mentioned, the mouth attacks will reside now on this layer. They should all work from the neutral swim position. Animations that require all body parts, like exosuit grab, will need to reside on a cinematic layer.

Colin Knueppel
    I'm leaving this one mostly up for interpretation as to not stifle creativity. However I will warn that I expect the final creature to be emotive. Consider setting up the graph with mood zones. The angry mood section will have a consistently angry posing, like ear fins back, eyes squinted, head lowered more dangerously. Curious moods might have the ear fins up, eyes wide, head cocking side to side.

In short, I want this thing to appear to be thinking and feeling, and not just a random smear of jumbled anims. How you go about it is up to interpretation, but there will be high standards of emotive quality.

PS. Don't expect to get this on the first try. This task may be passed around and attempted by different animators until we get it right.

All I can say is... WOW! Can't wait to see this! I wonder if the Sea Dragon might end up being curious and gentle at first; but then if we push too far into its territory it might get agressive, leaving us alone if we back off. I want these creatures to be animals first rather than "hyper aggressive enemy for the player to deal with"; remember we are the alien here. I wonder if something like this could be added...

1. You enter the Sea Dragon's Territory in your Cyclops. The Sea Dragon is curious at first. If you rig for silent running and stay still he'll poke you a bit (minor damage) but then leave you alone.

2. If you make a lot of noise and deliberately 'attack' (try to ram him) with the Cyclops then YES he'll attack you and kick yer arse; try this repeatedly and he'll learn to EXPECT it and will come out to smash you every time you venture down there!

3. Multiple entries into the Sea Dragon's Territory; if you always use silent running or ahead slow speed, go slowly, don't attack then the AI learns again; the Sea Dragon becomes used to you and will let you go through his territory without attacking (something with the Cyclops' Horn; if you 'honk' a greeting the Dragon will call back to you?)

4. Feed a Sea Dragon, make it friendly somehow? Sea Dragon Decoy that the creature will play with, like the Stalkers play with metal?!

5. I liked Jacksepticeye's encounter with it; how it didn't seem to care about him at all. Why should it? Unless we're in the Cyclops (BIG) we should be beneath its notice or regarded with curiosity instead of aggression.
    edited April 2017

Yes! I had hoped that with the changes to the generic O2/health/food/water gauges they would change the depth/compass gauges. For some reason, the Arial font with drop shadows sets me off... It looks decent but I wish it were more elaborate. The compass works well, but I wish the display 'floated' more when turning left or right. Think of how a real compass wobbles and then settles as it turns; that's what I wish the HUD did (instead of stopping on a dime).

The 'raw materials' entry looks like they're updating some of the models of items in game. I gotta say so far it all looks great! :smiley: One request though, can the current Lead Ore model be replaced, even if it's a recoloring of something else? The large Lead Deposit in the Grand Reef looks great, but I doubt that Lead Ore in real life is found in perfectly-formed spheres. :/