Aurora Ideas

A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members
edited June 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I feel that the Aurora should have a lot more to explore. It should act as a bit of a maze, with many different areas around the ship, as well as many vents, similar to those in the many Aurora pieces laying around. There will be some places places not accessible from one part of the ship, so you need to look all around the Aurora to find different entrances to new places. You should be able to find some cabins, maybe half of the escape pod bay, and maybe even the room the ship was piloted from. After looking at the explosion again, i see that the ship was not piloted from the front, but from the top, and although somewhat destroyed, I feel there could be some of it found there. This also gives you access to the top of the aurora if you were to find your way there, possibly giving more entrances to more areas in the aurora. Then again, this seems too easy. So much loot, so little threat, right? Of course not. I feel there should be a creature only found in the ship, a creature which is somewhat small, but is also very dangerous because of its difficulty to spot. It will sneak around the vents, and pop out whenever you come near, possibly shooting out of the vents or dropping from the ceiling. It will latch on to you and do quick damage for as long as its attached, and you need to kill it quickly, similar to biters. This gives you a reason to be very careful and prepared when exploring the Aurora, as although it contains a lot a new loot, it will also be very dangerous.

Comments

• 6ismus6ismus Florida Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210592Members
    Sounds like a chore to make... Great idea though!
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    The Aurora quakes, fires roar, debris tumbles around us.
    Using our tools we fix the radiation leak and make the area safe.
    Over the walkways we spot a security door, but it looks damaged.
    Using the laser cutter, we eventually make our way through the door and into a large dark room.
    We weld panels and connect wires, kicking the lighting back to life, a dull, throbbing orange glow.
    We are surrounded by several huge broken glass tanks.
    We carefully walk between them, seeing that the end of the room is ruptured and submerged.
    As the water reaches our feet we notice that one tank has remained undamaged, but steam and grime have fogged the glass.
    We wipe away the dark stain with our hands and freeze.
    A Reaper swims around the tank slowly, cautiously; sedated or simply exhausted?
    We quietly step back, a sickening knot in our stomach tightens.

What have we done?
  • creeper_wickcreeper_wick Life Pod 19 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215184Members
    There should be more than one creature, like one for the air vents and one for the halls. And the fact on how people made bases larger then the aurora, it would be awesome if you could fix it.
    It would be cool if you had to make a special sub from a blueprint in th docking station, that is like the cyclops, but is built to pick up large objects, which you then use to grab the wrecks found in the map, put it on the aurora, then, find the black box, which will be found via signal. Then the sea prison and dragon stuff happen ( we have no idea what the story is there completely). Not seeing the my idea, "fixing aurora thing" happening, but the exploring the aurora might, and I hope so cause it sounds amazing.
    Hope the developers see this post then if we want the exploring aurora thing to happen.
  • A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members
    6ismus wrote: »
    Sounds like a chore to make... Great idea though!

Thanks! I definitely agree it would be a chore though, and would probably have an update called "The Aurora Exploration Update" Just for it.
    The Aurora quakes, fires roar, debris tumbles around us.
    Using our tools we fix the radiation leak and make the area safe.
    Over the walkways we spot a security door, but it looks damaged.
    Using the laser cutter, we eventually make our way through the door and into a large dark room.
    We weld panels and connect wires, kicking the lighting back to life, a dull, throbbing orange glow.
    We are surrounded by several huge broken glass tanks.
    We carefully walk between them, seeing that the end of the room is ruptured and submerged.
    As the water reaches our feet we notice that one tank has remained undamaged, but steam and grime have fogged the glass.
    We wipe away the dark stain with our hands and freeze.
    A Reaper swims around the tank slowly, cautiously; sedated or simply exhausted?
    We quietly step back, a sickening knot in our stomach tightens.

What have we done?

That sounds awesome beyond comprehension. I would love to see some stuff like that, possibly a cutscene resembling what you said there playing when you enter a specific room in the Aurora. By the way, your a great storyteller! Just saying :P
    There should be more than one creature, like one for the air vents and one for the halls. And the fact on how people made bases larger then the aurora, it would be awesome if you could fix it.
    It would be cool if you had to make a special sub from a blueprint in th docking station, that is like the cyclops, but is built to pick up large objects, which you then use to grab the wrecks found in the map, put it on the aurora, then, find the black box, which will be found via signal. Then the sea prison and dragon stuff happen ( we have no idea what the story is there completely). Not seeing the my idea, "fixing aurora thing" happening, but the exploring the aurora might, and I hope so cause it sounds amazing.
    Hope the developers see this post then if we want the exploring aurora thing to happen.

I agree there should be more than one creature in there, a small one sneaking around the vents, popping out at you if you were to try and crawl through, and a somewhat larger one that crawls around the hallways, sprinting at you once it sees you.
    About the Aurora repairing thing, I sadly think that is probably not happening either, as there is no way you would be able to perfectly fit the crash pieces inside the in-ruins Aurora. The whole black box thing would be interesting though, finding that and scanning it could lead you on an investigation on what sabotaged the black box(which is assumed to be what happened, as it is mentioned in one of the logs or messages that there was no black box found). Could be a creature, or possibly something else? who knows, that's the devs idea to decide.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Always room to improve.
  • NecromNecrom The Grave Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215444Members
    The one thing I don't understand about the Aurora is where all the bodies went. It had a crew of what again? Even if the crew count was in the low hundreds, you'd still see bodies all over the place. Or, at very least their blackened skeletons on the ground.
  • A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members
    Necrom wrote: »
    The one thing I don't understand about the Aurora is where all the bodies went. It had a crew of what again? Even if the crew count was in the low hundreds, you'd still see bodies all over the place. Or, at very least their blackened skeletons on the ground.

Sorry about the very delayed response. Anyway, I have thought about that to, and it only adds to the mystery of why the Aurora crashed. If the devs never planned on that being attached to the story and simply didn't design bodies, which is sadly likely, the creatures mentioned in this post could have eaten them and you may find that out from an entry a survivor on the Aurora he made before he got eaten. Possibility after possibility.
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Personally I love the idea of being able to search the aurora further and in more detail.. With the devs adding in new rooms for the exosuit fragment that adds to the possibilities.. Like actually using the exosuit to navigate through the more destroyed aspects of the aurora. Needing to use both the cutting arm and propulsion arm to cut and remove hull pieces or even doors.

The further we inspect the ship we can stumble across new fabricator blueprints previously un obtainable from the sea. Possibly like new habitat designs or even maybe a intact unique variant of the Cyclops. Equipped and outfitted with one of a kind gadgets or tech.

And on this new Sub there could be another group or even just one survivor? Or at the very least what remains of them.

What I would LOVE to see is PDA's that have music on them. And then we could find speaker blueprints or something along those lines.. And we can put the sound system in our Cyclops and bases to play the tracks on...

Hopefully I'm not the only one lol.
  • Canek2317dCanek2317d Russia Join Date: 2016-06-17 Member: 218696Members
    Разработчики. Вы ни когда не думали о частичном ремонте Aurora (s) ? О том чтобы сделать частично восстанавливаемую радиорубку или командный центр из которого можно было бы послать сообщение, скачать чертежи каких нибудь добывающих станций: титана, меди, золота, серебра?! Построить док для внешнего ремонта авроры восстановления каркаса? Сделайте хотябы 4-10 новых комнат... с возможности починки родного корабля ))) Please..
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Canek2317d wrote: »
    Разработчики. Вы ни когда не думали о частичном ремонте Aurora (s) ? О том чтобы сделать частично восстанавливаемую радиорубку или командный центр из которого можно было бы послать сообщение, скачать чертежи каких нибудь добывающих станций: титана, меди, золота, серебра?! Построить док для внешнего ремонта авроры восстановления каркаса? Сделайте хотябы 4-10 новых комнат... с возможности починки родного корабля ))) Please..

Not to be rude, is there anyway to translate peoples posts here?
    edited June 2016
    Developers. You when didn't think of partial repair of Aurora (s)? About that to make partially restored radio cabin or the command center from which it would be possible to send the message, to download drawings of any extracting stations: titan, copper, gold, silver?! To construct dock for external repair of an aurora of restoration of a framework? Make at least 4-10 new rooms... from a possibility of repair of the native ship))).

I wasn't rude. Thank you read.
    Developers. You when didn't think of partial repair of Aurora (s)? About that to make partially restored radio cabin or the command center from which it would be possible to send the message, to download drawings of any extracting stations: titan, copper, gold, silver?! To construct dock for external repair of an aurora of restoration of a framework? Make at least 4-10 new rooms... from a possibility of repair of the native ship))).

I wasn't rude. Thank you read.

No no I didnt think you where being rude :) and I hope I didnt come across as rude myself..

And I agree that being able to repair parts of the aurora other then the radiation leak would be quite nice!
    edited June 2016
    By the way, why not put out the fire in the Aurora , a fire extinguisher ?
    I mean the restoration of Aurora. Both inside and outside .. to be suitable for life .... Just imagine the first start-up of all systems on the ship after the restoration ..
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    By the way, why not put out the fire in the Aurora , a fire extinguisher ?

We do indeed start the game with a fire extinguisher, but it's also the only part in the game where we use it. Other than that, it seems useless. The only other place with fires is the Aurora, and there are loads of it. It would indeed be nice to give the fire extinguisher more use.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Necrom, there is a whole post talking about the bodies!
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Also, Badgerfroth, great narrating skills. I love the idea of there being a room where you can find a locked up reaper, adding a mysterious element to the Aurora team. A possible secret agenda or bad intention. Maybe some of the containment tanks can hold dead fish that you never saw before. The fish that made it should definitely be roaming around the ship, and maybe they are also never before seen fish with cool abilities. Say, the one roaming the halls, instead of coming at you when it sees you, it comes at you when it detects you. It could have some sort of echo location or bio-electric sensor like a platypus.
    When will the Aurora update? Different departments and floors have more functions and so on. In order to be able to perform 5-7 tasks for recovery, etc. .. Why is the plot not connected with the ship?
  • BuilderJosephBuilderJoseph United States Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227887Members
    I feel that the Aurora should have a lot more to explore. It should act as a bit of a maze, with many different areas around the ship, as well as many vents, similar to those in the many Aurora pieces laying around. There will be some places places not accessible from one part of the ship, so you need to look all around the Aurora to find different entrances to new places. You should be able to find some cabins, maybe half of the escape pod bay, and maybe even the room the ship was piloted from. After looking at the explosion again, i see that the ship was not piloted from the front, but from the top, and although somewhat destroyed, I feel there could be some of it found there. This also gives you access to the top of the aurora if you were to find your way there, possibly giving more entrances to more areas in the aurora. Then again, this seems too easy. So much loot, so little threat, right? Of course not. I feel there should be a creature only found in the ship, a creature which is somewhat small, but is also very dangerous because of its difficulty to spot. It will sneak around the vents, and pop out whenever you come near, possibly shooting out of the vents or dropping from the ceiling. It will latch on to you and do quick damage for as long as its attached, and you need to kill it quickly, similar to biters. This gives you a reason to be very careful and prepared when exploring the Aurora, as although it contains a lot a new loot, it will also be very dangerous.
    I feel that the Aurora should have a lot more to explore. It should act as a bit of a maze, with many different areas around the ship, as well as many vents, similar to those in the many Aurora pieces laying around. There will be some places places not accessible from one part of the ship, so you need to look all around the Aurora to find different entrances to new places. You should be able to find some cabins, maybe half of the escape pod bay, and maybe even the room the ship was piloted from. After looking at the explosion again, i see that the ship was not piloted from the front, but from the top, and although somewhat destroyed, I feel there could be some of it found there. This also gives you access to the top of the aurora if you wee to find your way there, possibly giving more entrances to more areas in the aurora. Then again, this seems too easy. So much loot, so little threat, right? Of course not. I feel there should be a creature only found in the ship, a creature which is somewhat small, but is also very dangerous because of its difficulty to spot. It will sneak around the vents, and pop out whenever you come near, possibly shooting out of the vents or dropping from the ceiling. It will latch on to you and do quick damage for as long as its attached, and you need to kill it quickly, similar to biters. This gives you a reason to be very careful and prepared when exploring the Aurora, as although it contains a lot a new loot, it will also be very dangerous.

Great Idea! I personally think along with your idea, if you make it to the Aurora again, that's where you would find not fragments, but blueprints for the rocket parts. And you would have to explore the Aurora with the multiple threats that it has, in order to find the rocket parts and eventually escape this planet. (I think th rocket should look like a smaller version of the aurora.
  • BestUserNameEverBestUserNameEver USA Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217749Members

Speaking of aurora's i think it would be cool to have some of those "northern lights" (aurora's) in the sky
  • cliff_excellentcliff_excellent Join Date: 2017-03-27 Member: 229226Members
    edited April 2017
    I think it should have more wide open areas, and maybe a sort of main lobby type area, with something cool in it like a statue of Alterra Corp's founder
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    I left a comment like this months ago. THanks for bringin it up again!!! WE NEEED MORE TO EXPLORE.
    Such a massive ship, so little to do in it.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    Gunbone_CL wrote: »
    I left a comment like this months ago. THanks for bringin it up again!!! WE NEEED MORE TO EXPLORE.
    Such a massive ship, so little to do in it.

Full agreement mate