The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    /Operation Log-8\ I have been patiently waiting outside the Lava Castle for 5 hours, and that skittering reptile has yet to show his face. This is actually a fairly good sign; while the EP Code had already been moved to a more secure location by the time the war was beginning to get underway, the amount of time he has been searching for indicates that he must either be extremely loyal to his cause, or extremely frightened at the alternative. I certainly hope that it is the latter; that should make my task easier.

There's the little scoundrel. Judging by his terrified expression, he has failed this task. I'm positive that the prospect of his punishment will make him more compliant.

Time to make myself known to him.

Lava Lizard: "Holy Bajeezus... What did I just see?!?!? He just... Warped?!?! And he... Oh, by the great Mother Dragon..."

Noble Cleanser: "Very flattering, my friend. I was hoping for an audience with you."

Lava Lizard: "What? AIE!!"

Noble Cleanser: "Please, don't try to run. It would be a shame to kill you after those compliments you made towards me."

Lava Lizard: "Wha-what do you want from me?! Please! I swear!! I have a clutch of eggs I need to raise!"

Noble Cleanser: "Contrary to what you're thinking, I don't want to kill you. What's your name, soldier?"

Lava Lizard: "Pr-pr-Private Pumice!!"

Noble Cleanser: "Hmm... In that case; Private Pumice, I've come to bargain."

Pvt. Pumice: "What for??! He's already on the way..."

Noble Cleanser: "He? Who's He?"

Pvt. Pumice: "You know... Him!"

Noble Cleanser: "(Sigh)... Let me just lay out my terms and conditions for this bargain. First off, I want you to tell me all about the prison that General Bonecruncher is being held in. Secondly, you are to assist me in breaking him and the rest of the Ampeels out of it."

Pvt. Pumice: "Um-Y-Y-Yes, sure. Of course! Anything!!"

Noble Cleanser: "In return, One, I won't kill you. Two, I heard that there are a few Lava Geysers for your picking. Plenty of prey for you. Lovely atmosphere."

Pvt. Pumice: "That... that actually sounds rather nice."

Noble Cleanser: "Oh, and one more thing. Could you please stop playing the pronoun game and tell me who "He" is?"

Pvt. Pumice: "Oh. Yeah... His name is "Counter Blast."

Noble Cleanser: "Counter Blast... Sounds somewhat noteworthy. Can you possibly tell me about his whereabouts?"

Pvt. Pumice: "Um... I don't think I need to..."

Noble Cleanser: "... and why might that be?"

Lord Skyros: "Because I'm right behind you."
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited March 2017
    The_mariner
    The_marifar
    The_mari where ever you are
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    I'm here. Making my move:

- Deploy two reefbacks to EC
    - Move one reefback from OG to IG1
    - Move two reefbacks from IG1 to IG2
    - Move two reefbacks from IG2 to EC
    - Attack O2 using five reefbacks

Battle Report: EPCA x Lava Empire at O2

Log: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

EPCA attacks with 5 armies. Lava Empire defends with 4 armies.

No active powers (EPCA's faction ability is defensive in nature)

Dice rolls

1st roll:

EPCA = 6, 6, 1 (loses 2 armies)

Lava Empire = 6, 3, 1 (loses 1 army)

2nd roll:

EPCA = 6, 6, 1 (loses 2 armies)

Lava Empire = 6, 4, 1 (loses 1 army)

3rd roll:

EPCA = 6

Lava Empire = 1 (loses 1 army)

4th roll:

EPCA = 4 (loses last army)

Lava Empire = 5

Results

Attack failed. Lava Empire keeps O2 with one Spine Eel.
    @the_mariner looks ok. Continuing:

@PaterAestus reinforcements:

- 3 Spine eels

- 2 Lava Lizards

- 1 Lava Larva
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited March 2017
    REINFORCEMENTS

I place 2 Spine Eels on O2

I place 1 Spine Eel on EC in Entrance A

I place 1 Lava Lizard on C8

I place 1 Lava Lizard on D4

I place 1 Lava Larva on D2

I make no movements or attacks
    Sargent Arachne: Pater, Skyros has located Noble Cleanser, and he is now in pursuit. I expect good news from him soon.

Pater: Perfect. Keep tabs on the Covert Lava Larva, make sure that Counter Blast acquires the target.

Sargent Arachne: Sir, yes, sir Pater!

Corporal Cancer: Pater! The I have the Generals of the Mesmers and Bonesharks, just like you requested.

Pater: Ah yes, send for them.

aut2hhmiml8v.jpg

General Ossein: There better be a good reason for this Pater. Boneshark population is already at an all-time low. You're lucky we're even here.

q44ftamnf9fz.jpg

General Silverwing: As much as I dislike the Bonesharks, I must agree with them. We were promised glory and attention when you wanted us to join you. We have received neither. I have to ask, when shall we?

Pater: Patience, patience you two. All in good time. You will receive all that you desire. Pater always keeps his promises.

General Ossein: I sure hope so.

Pater: Now that you are here, it is time to issue your operation. Operation Resurgence. For this plan, I require the services all of the remaining individuals of your species.

General Silverwing: And why on Manannán would we do that? We already are limited on troops. That dog of a Mesmer, Delwitit, persuaded many of the Mesmers to stay in Aboveworld. His persuasion skills are second to none sadly. Anyway, using the remaining soldiers would leave the Underworld at a large tactical disadvantage. And we're to trust that you have thought this through?

Pater: Because, Silverwing, should Operation Resurgence succeed, Aboveworld will crumble faster that than the Underwater Islands. They won't be able to counter such a threat, will throw units at us on suicide missions, until they find that advancing would be useless. Then crushing their rebellion will be simple.

General Silverwing: I see. You thought this out much more than I expected. Planning fit for a king.

General Ossein: Alright, alright, this is all sounding fine and dandy, but the real question hasn't been asked. What exactly are we supposed to do?

Pater: Excellent question Ossein, you will lead and expedition into the Lost River, and find the Lost Brethren. You may know them, but they met an untimely demise some time ago. I want your troops to find a way to restore them to our ranks.

General Ossein: Oh no, are you talkin' about those Phantom Leviathans? The Precursors killed all of them years ago. There aren't anymore around here. This is just a fools quest.

Pater: SILENCE!

ahem...

I apologize, my temper overcame me for a moment. Yes Ossein, the Phantom Leviathan was hunted to extinction, but that is not what we are are searching for.

General Silverwing: Then what will we be searching for?

Pater: My eggs.

*Transmission terminated*
    edited March 2017
    Turn 7

yUHxoDb.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reinforcements:

@ResolutionBlaze - 1 Stalker

@Jamezorg - 1 army
    For some reason, some entrances are giving me this image:

Entrance B

Dworshak%20dam.jpg

Entrance C

FLOODING-Corps.jpg
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Turn 7

yUHxoDb.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reinforcements:

@ResolutionBlaze - 1 Stalker

@Jamezorg - 1 army
    For some reason, some entrances are giving me this image:

Entrance B

Dworshak%20dam.jpg

Entrance C

FLOODING-Corps.jpg

Does this mean no more reinforcements from B or C anymore?
    (yes, even though I am not part of this, I still follow it.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

That is fine.

Those images are just what the whole scenario on those entrances resembles, at least to me. Reinforcements will continue.
  • TheRelmLordTheRelmLord The Void Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226060Members
    And Everyone Ignores Me... GUYS YOUR ALL DOOMED!!! I'm Just... Going To Stay In Space... Or Something...
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members

That is fine.

Yes. Reinforce the front line I'll reinforce the back and push forward.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members

I place one Stalker at IG.

Make sure they form a Reaper.

I make no more moves.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

That is fine.

Ummm... Why did you use a quote from me even though what you quoted did not relate to the War? I get why you used that quote but why did you use that quote?
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

That is fine.

Ummm... Why did you use a quote from me even though what you quoted did not relate to the War? I get why you used that quote but why did you use that quote?

Don't question it

That is fine.

Pretend that didn't happen.
    edited March 2017
    @Jamezorg I summon thee! Doth thee hear me? Acknowledge these words of mine, and bring forth thy presence unto this board!
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    @Jamezorg I summon thee! Doth thee hear me? Acknowledge my words and bring forth thy presence unto this board!

Now speak these words into the circle of no life's and he will appear
    KqT2m7z.jpg
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I have some deeply disturbing news.

Prime Minister Jamezorg has gone missing.

He was last seen in the Void off the coast of the Greater Blood Kelp area, trying to convince some of the Ampeels there to join our cause against Pater Aestus.

He hasn't been seen since. We are having the Safe Shallows Coalition search for him as I speak.

But, we are still in a war, so as the N-LAP's closest ally, I must take charge of the forces. I hope that I can do well.

I'll place 1 Crabsquid on IG

I'll move all other Crabsquids up the tunnel.

I won't make any attacks.

I'll have @ResolutionBlaze do that. He's much better at attacking.
    Reinforcements

@phantomfinch - 2 armies

FMMA - 2 PRAWNS
    @phantomfinch, could you do this first attack? These damned larva make my dices go -1
    Reinforcements

@phantomfinch - 2 armies

FMMA - 2 PRAWNS
    @phantomfinch, could you do this first attack? These damned larva make my dices go -1

Soon
    giphy.gif

P.s
    od0tpm82xj2g.png

I think the forum has a glitch cause I haven't posted since yesterday
    Proof
    me8b2tai9pqd.png
    So @foxy or @whoever does the maintenance for the fourms could you look into that? No rush
    edited April 2017
    Everything alright now @phantomfinch?

Sorry been playing valkuria chronicles, to assist with my military strategy prowess and not because it was on sale and it had wifus.
    It'll be done by tomorrow.

And yes I know I can practically make only one move but I need time to develop the badass story behind the largest engagement in subnautica history.

I place the two units on OG

*edit*
    Actually il just attack now and write the story tomorrow.
    I attack IG2 with all units from IG1. Do the rollz and il write the story from there
    Everything alright now @phantomfinch?

Sorry been playing valkuria chronicles, to assist with my military strategy prowess and not because it was on sale and it had wifus.
    It'll be done by tomorrow.

And yes I know I can practically make only one move but I need time to develop the badass story behind the largest engagement in subnautica history.

I place the two units on OG

*edit*
    Actually il just attack now and write the story tomorrow.
    I attack IG2 with all units from IG1. Do the rollz and il write the story from there

Would be better to place1 of the reinforcements on IG1. All territories must be occupied. Your attack will still go with 9 armies.
    Battle report:

GSCS x Lava Empire at IG2 on Entrance B.

GSCS attacks with 9 armies. Lava Empire defends with 6 armies.

Rolls: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Faction powers:

GCSC: Gets to add 1/2 the number of armies they have to any attacking dice role value (because strength in numbers, comrades!) <--example: Attacks with 4 armies, gets to add 2 to attacking role value

Lava Larva: Energy Drain ( -1 to any FMMA attacks on an area with a Lava Larva. This is not cumulative) - inactive, since there are no FMMA troops present at the attack.

Dice rolls:

GSCS first dices = 10, 6, 6, 5, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1

Lava Empire first dices = 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2

GSCS loses 1 army. 8 armies remaining. Lava Empire loses 5 armies. 1 army remaining.

GSCS second dices = 5

Lava Empire second dice = 4

GSCS wins. IG2 occupied with 8 armies.