Can't open Data Boxes

KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
i'm on experimental but in my new save (started with infected update) i'm not able to open the data boxes...

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Data_Boxes

is there a workaround for that or am i the only one with this problem? :)

Comments

• TheRiftGamerDKTheRiftGamerDK Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228773Members
    I have the same problem and have found no other solution then to unlock the data with the debug console :smile:
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Data Boxes will only open up if you have not already got the recipe they contain. We're working on improving the visual indicators for this.
  • HonkforUsernameHonkforUsername Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228788Members
    I'm having the same issue, and that includes boxes with recipes I do not have. It shows me the name of the recipe (example HUD Compass) that I do not have the blueprint for, but it won't let me open and access the blueprint.
  • RedMallieRedMallie America Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214355Members
    I had the exact same thing happening. I did not have those blueprints yet either.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Since my save was from before the "infected" update, I already had the blueprints, but was still able to open the only data box I've seen. I haven't sought out any more.
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    I'm having the same issue, and that includes boxes with recipes I do not have. It shows me the name of the recipe (example HUD Compass) that I do not have the blueprint for, but it won't let me open and access the blueprint.

exact the same. i started the save after the infected update. so there i no chance to have the hud compass already. i dont have all the blueprints from the databoxes. as i have now a modification station in this save i cant do the most of the modifications due the lack of blueprints
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    Same.. Cant open any of them and do not have any of their contents. so now cant gain the better air tanks, or any of the other cool upgrades.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I started a new game under [45675] and cannot open any data boxes. I'm just writing down what I find so that when I get the mod station, I will "cheat" in what I legitimately found.
  • IpalonIpalon Vietnam Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228926Members
    I'm having the exact same problem as well. Fresh installation of Subnautica and using experimental and went to lifepod's 3 + 4 and can't click on either of the 2 data boxes.
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    had an update in steam today. probably this is fixed now. is there a release note?
  • NevraldiNevraldi Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229064Members
    The issue with being unable to open data crates ( the boxes with upgraded equipment inside other survival pods) still exists. The patch has not fixed it :(
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Nevraldi wrote: »
    The issue with being unable to open data crates ( the boxes with upgraded equipment inside other survival pods) still exists. The patch has not fixed it :(

There is NO PATCH. If you are playing experimental, you will see a new version every day and sometime *MULTIPLE* new versions every day as they add new content. The experimental branch is all about new content rather than bug fixes. The developers typically won't go back and fix issues like this until right before the periodic stable releases--every month or so.

I would not expect to see this issue resolved until just before the next stable release--maybe at the end of March or early April. If you want to play experimental, you will likely need to use cheat commands to get the stuff you would normally get from the data boxes. Or, revert to the latest stable (non-experimental) and play that one.
  • NevraldiNevraldi Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229064Members
    Makes perfect sense but I am playing Survival on the latest stable release ☹️