Death to reapers

CobblyCobbly Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229068Members
Reapers have absolutely no right to respawn. Successfully killing one should be an accomplishment worthy of them STAYING DEAD.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    They shouldn't really be a disposable threat....
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    edited March 2017
    When you kill a Reaper, it feels like you did something amazing. Then it just appears again the next day and you die from it. If they were to allow it to respawn, you should get punished because a GL will spawn. It is like stalkers not dropping teeth on death.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    When you kill a Reaper, it feels like you did something amazing. Then it just appears again the next day and you die from it. If they were to allow it to respawn, you should get punished because a GL will spawn. It is like stalkers not dropping teeth on death.

You have no weapons, limited time and resources, no experience with killing leviathan class predators, preoccupied with eating, breathing, and struggling to find a cure to the disease that's killing you, and reaper leviathans reproduce because they are animals.

Why does the reaper get so much hate? They want to live just as much as you do

smh :(
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hey now, if you are bold enough to step into the tub with the Reaper. There's gonna be some repercussions time and time again!
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    Honestly, I kind of like the idea of having reapers being non-respawnable. It would certainly add a bit to the feeling of accomplishment, and help make the player's actions feel impactful and permanent.

That said, I think the problem with that is that the developers specifically want players to opt for non-aggression against most creatures, since combat isn't really a significant feature of the game.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Dracobomba wrote: »
    ...That said, I think the problem with that is that the developers specifically want players to opt for non-aggression against most creatures, since combat isn't really a significant feature of the game.
    Exactly this...as has been stated numerous times before in almost every "Gimme a BFG to hunt down and exterminate every moving thing in this game!"-thread (exaggeration intended) that comes up like the MP-threads again and again.

I get it, we are in the "Ideas & suggestions" - section of the forum. I just don't get it why people keep on insisting to suggest things the Devs stated won't make it into the game because it doesn't fit their chosen style. There are already several ways to kill the big predators. Especially the Reaper is no big deal once you reach a certain point in the game. Even with just your diving suit and a Seagliede you can manage to escape from it. Yes you may not be able to kill it without the proper tech but how easy should it be to kill a predator several times bigger then you? If Reapers would represent zero danger even in the early stages of the game they would be obsolete.

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Well the thread author obviously never played undertail. Not all monsters are bad
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    When an alpha reaper leviathan dies the next reaper in line takes his place. Compared to the void the dunes and the like are prime hunting grounds unlikely to be vacant for long.