Save/Load issues for xbox one fixed soon???

AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
@Obraxis do you have any clue if there would be just a patch alone for this issue and when could we see one? No rush though just thought i would ask. Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• untamedgameruntamedgamer Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228374Members
    i found out the scan tool is the issue for the corrupt save after scanning so many items and blueprints its causing the game to crash before you save or if u save it corrupts the data in save. i hope developers find this tip useful ive been playing for three days to pin point the issue! hopefully we can get this issue resolved, i love this game!
  • MercerThePyroMercerThePyro Join Date: 2017-03-19 Member: 229046Members
    So i am experiencing this bug as well i had just got back from going theough the arua last night and saved and whent to bed woke up this morning and it wont load i do know i did a lot of scanning yesterday before i saved and got off

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    edited March 2017
    Hmmmmm. The last game I was playing lasted 2 days. I was trying to minimize scans.
    My current game has lasted 18hrs or so. I am trying to scan even less.
    I even made it into the Lost River (LR), past the final Degasi base and saw the Big Bitter fossil
    back to the surface past the end of Big Bones with the skull. The graphics seem to be better.
    Can't wait to revist the LR.
    I think you might be on to something.
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    i found out the scan tool is the issue for the corrupt save after scanning so many items and blueprints its causing the game to crash before you save or if u save it corrupts the data in save. i hope developers find this tip useful ive been playing for three days to pin point the issue! hopefully we can get this issue resolved, i love this game!

i started a new game when my file corrupted and i had almost nothing saved when i came back to it the thing was corrupted so don't think it is "after so many blue prints scanned" 3 or 4 blue prints is a little small when my other one had way more saved and played again before it corrupted
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    ive not had any issues after trying multiple methods and i found one it doesnt matter how many things you scan its a random chance your file will be corrupted if you leave through the session through the games menu i have had 0 issues since ive started triple saving and then just hitting the xbox home menu while still in the session and hitting the start/menu button when on the home page over subnautica and hitting quit on the home menu of xbox and i have had no issues since ive started doing that i have a 27 hour save with all the blue prints and multiple bases and almost every pda in the game and ive got all the data terminals so this works great hope it works for you if it does please share this on other threads like this. Thanks!
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    so your saying the save button is just not saving the full file's so hit it 3 times to be sure it has all the file's to keep from file corruption?
  • SatanspawnSatanspawn Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228719Members
    Priority for devs should be fixing save issues first.....anything else should be halted till this is fixed......its what common sense would do....right?
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    edited March 2017
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    so your saying the save button is just not saving the full file's so hit it 3 times to be sure it has all the file's to keep from file corruption?

yeah and i also dont ever exit to the games main menu i just quite the game directly from the xbox home screen after saving
  • GingerBeardManGingerBeardMan Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229065Members
    I've been playing this game and love it. My problem is, I've had to restart 5 time due to save corruption. In total I've lost a WEEK of time due to this issue and on top of that paid 20 smackers for my time and trouble. It was my understanding that the latest update had the fix, as was posted in the main menu feed box, but after the last update and finally getting everything I really needed to get somewhere my fifth save corrupted AGAIN, leaving me with yet another two days of effort lost. I honestly don't have words to explain my dissapointment and frustration over this save issue. It needs to be fixed or I can't truely love this game anymore and I'll just be out 20 bucks and have about 20 gigs of waisted space taken up on my system. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE I LOVE PLAYING THIS GAME SO MUCH!!! I don't want to have to put it down for good...
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Hiya , I've been triple saving and exiting through the home button and yet again my 20+ hours level has gone corrupt , I love this game but I don't think I can keep doing this until it's sorted , I know quite a few ppl now who won't buy the game due to word going round bout this soul destroying glitch

Please subnautica get this sorted coz I'm really getting fed up now
    Hiya , I've been triple saving and exiting through the home button and yet again my 20+ hours level has gone corrupt , I love this game but I don't think I can keep doing this until it's sorted , I know quite a few ppl now who won't buy the game due to word going round bout this soul destroying glitch

Please subnautica get this sorted coz I'm really getting fed up now

if you play a session for over 3 hours without saving once in between i some times save 4-5 times
  • JoePineapplesJoePineapples England Join Date: 2017-03-23 Member: 229130Members
    Love the game! Would like know when the save bug will be fixed.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    As I've posted in 2 other threads, we're going to release a small Xbox-only update in the next few days that's specifically designed to gather & display more information when a Saved game fails to load. It also includes another 'blind fix' which may/may not help.

We'll let you know once it passes Microsoft Certification and is released, but when it does please post screenshots of any errors that are displayed if it fails to load your saved game.

Thanks for your understanding and help in dealing with this issue.

@Obraxis Thanks for the feed back i saw the other 2 threads and i really appreciate that you and your team are working on this issue. i dont know if this would help your progress on the issue but as i posted above i started triple saving and quitting through the xbox home screen and i no longer have the issue on those saves. just thought i would mention that as i thought it may possibly help your team. Thanks!