Blocking users?

Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
Most forums, especially game-related ones, offer a way to block certain users to hide all their posts and make it impossible for them to contact the blocker. Will Subnautica forum ever have something like that? I think it would make browsing and actually socializing here much less stressful.

PS: Or, perhaps, it's already here and I'm just an idiot who hasn't noticed, in which case, please, enlighten me.

Comments

• NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    I mean I'm fairly new too but I haven't really seen to many posts or people saying things that I think would be worthy of a "block" on a forum that has the age requirement of 13.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Users can be banned but I've never seen someone blocked. I'm not sure if blocking a user is necessary if you can just ban them
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Yep people can be "muted" on the main page. There was this one kid who was 11 and he had to be at least 13 to join the fourms.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Users can be banned but I've never seen someone blocked. I'm not sure if blocking a user is necessary if you can just ban them

Mods can jail or ban, jailing means they participate less with less comments or something. And I think can't create their own threads. But no, we don't have an option for members to block other users, we used to. But this forum, well let's just say "the list" is long and keeps growing :D

And just for reference, this probably should've been posted in https://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/web-site-feedback

But no one goes there anymore, soooooooooooo.....
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    Well, only a mod can ban people, and I meant something that would allow me - and only me - to avoid seeing posts by certain people. Something like a personal blacklist, if you will.
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    But no, we don't have an option for members to block other users, we used to. But this forum, well let's just say "the list" is long and keeps growing :D
    Ya, I'd really just like to skip all posts by some users who consistently post the same type of things, and not because there's something wrong with what they have to say, it's just that I am not interested in the stuff and/or having personal issues with it. Not having to wade through them would improve my QOL here immensely.

Anyway, thanx for the answers, guys, and I'll just hope such a feature gets implemented some day.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Victor32 wrote: »
    Anyway, thanx for the answers, guys, and I'll just hope such a feature gets implemented some day.

Don't hold your breath :worried:
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I looked around and couldn't see an option.
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    Don't hold your breath :worried:
    Yea, I know. Heavens forbid someone gets offended that they got blocked and there will be drahmah... /sigh

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Yep people can be "muted" on the main page. There was this one kid who was 11 and he had to be at least 13 to join the fourms.

Pretty sure I know who u mean

Mods can jail or ban, jailing means they participate less with less comments or something. And I think can't create their own threads. But no, we don't have an option for members to block other users, we used to. But this forum, well let's just say "the list" is long and keeps growing :D

Yeah I've seen the jailing 'round here but was never sure what it was. Thanks for the clarification :)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Maybe we should block people who think they need to block people?

Just saying...
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Just saying...

No kidding. I wouldn't even want to block you, Buddy.

Just saying...

Or perhaps we should start blocking people brining up blocking people who bring up the option to block people...

o/
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017

Just saying...

Or perhaps we should start blocking people brining up blocking people who bring up the option to block people...

o/

I'm totally blockin' you dude...

Every time I turn OFF my computer.

tumblr_mpn7u7ek351rmw6moo1_500.gif