Worst Place Where your Seamoth/Prawn/Cyclops DIED!

AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
The worst place where my cyclops ran out of battery was at the west edge of the map and i was looking for large silver hunks and i was not paying attention but my batteries ran out and my prawn suit that was docked in my cyclops only had 11% battery left and there was 3 reaper leviathans just hanging out ready to hug me as soon as i left my cyclops so yeah i died and just decided to make another cyclops and prawn suit from scratch and i eventually went to go get all the silver i collected off of the old cyclops later on this time with charged batteries. Where is the worst place you have ran out of battery power in subnautica? Feel free to comment below. Thanks!

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Aft end of the Aurora, my first time scouting the area. Didn't know about Cheerful Charlie the Reaper back there. Turned my Seamoth into a rubber ducky.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    In the Safe Shallows. Tried to jump over a shallow portion with the Seamoth out of the water and landed too short. Popped like a water balloon. Quite embarrassing that.

Uh...I meant to do that...
  • Deoxys_0Deoxys_0 Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227029Members
    Lost a fully upgraded Prawn Suit (with jet upgrade) at the lowest point in the mountains biome to a Reaper Leviathan. I was harvesting resources in it and got cocky and decided to go deeper, figuring that I could just avoid or beat up any Reaper Leviathan that got too close. Night came really fast (went down at a bad time) so it was pitch black with only the lights on my Prawn Suit for vision. I got out to gather some resources and while I was picking them up by hand, a Reaper Leviathan swam around the back of me and swooped up my Prawn. It did it a second time before I could get back to the Prawn suit and then it destroyed it shortly after I got in. I wasn't aware at the time how much damage Reaper Leviathans could do to Prawns. Ended up raging and loading an earlier save lol.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Sitting in a point to deep to retrieve. I was exploring a lifepod that had landed at the bottom of a trench in the sparse reef when... you guessed it! My seamoth died. I had to vacate the premise which wasn't easy with 72 seconds of oxygen and 3 bleeders attacking me. I drowned and I still dont have the technology to retrieve it.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited March 2017
    In the safe shallows. It was right after i made my very first Seamoth and i was scouring the shallows for quartz. Parked mah "Moth right outside a small cave and went it to get a piece when i heard a Crashfish cussing at me. Doubled back to my seamoth and laughed at the thing as it swam towards me:

''Bwahahaha, looks whos laughing now! cant get me in here :smiley: ''

That is the day i learned the hard way that Crashfishes can one-shot yer 'moth and you with it if yer inside :wink:
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I lost a seamoth, a PRAWN, then another PRAWN in the same place.

All to the same Reaper.

Basically, for the Precursor update, I took a Seamoth to the GUN, just looking around, collecting magnetite, dodging Warpers, regular Mountains biome things. Then, I took the risk of going deeper and getting stuff from the nearby wreck. All of a sudden, a Reaper came out of nowhere behind me, and proceeds to chew my Seamoth, and subsequently my body.

I was so mad at this thing for killing my seamoth, that I took my drill arm-grappling arm PRAWN suit to kill the thing.

After some daring attacks and narrow escapes, I had to abandon my doomed PRAWN and flee.

But it was still alive, so my job wasn't finished.

After a few resource runs, I made another PRAWN suit with a grappling arm, drill arm, and a torpedo arm just in case the thing started to run away. Once again I confronted the beast, only to have the PRAWN thrust through the terrain after a couple grabs from the Reaper. I was unable to get it back to the surface, and I abandoned it.

I'd had more than enough of this Reaper, so I got my Cyclops, (which I renamed for this mission "The Avenger." I thought it was pretty cool) found the Reaper, and proceeded to ram it, get out and slice it with a Stasis Rifle-Knife combo, shot some Crashfish at it with the Propulsion Cannon, I even let a Stalker that had been in my Aquarium loose to distract the Reaper.

And in the end, I now have a glorious scan of the Reaper, and a picture of its dead body in my base.

That was a "fun" time.
    Also, has anyone else had this much difficulty in killing a Reaper. I swear, the thing just would not die, no matter what I did.
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    I had Ion crystal power cells in my seamoth and i didn't bother charging and I went looking for the meteor crash site found it built a base ran out of titanium left only to take a shortcut through the VOID and my battery died :#
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    Seamoth Twice..., Safe Shallows..., stupid Crashfish...

P.R.A.W.N., Once to the Abyss (before I knew it was there)

Cyclops, Never.

< grumble..., grumble..., grumble... >
    :#
  • marceloserraomarceloserrao Portugal Join Date: 2016-06-26 Member: 219149Members
    I had just built a brand new mothy and went for a ride when I discovered a cave in the grassy plataeus and went full explorer.
    My seamoth could only go as far as 200 meters, so in the cave it was possible to go around but couldnt go much down. I got distracted and went a bit bellow 200 and when I looked at it the health was low, I tried to go up fast and smashed my moth in the walls of the cave.

there is a good thing in all this: I left a beacon I had with me in the entrance of the cave thinking I could get lost, and with later exploration I was able to find the moonpool, the Alien Containment, the charger and the nuclear reactor

• ThomasGideonThomasGideon USA Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219745Members
    edited March 2017
    Nowhere, and never.
    Seriously, how do you even do this? There is no reason to lose any of these, you are provided ample warning, and the cyclops is ONLY threatened by deep dives. Even IF it is ever attacked, I don't forsee a point when I would ever lose one.
    This game is far too easy to ever lose one of these.
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    Nowhere, and never.
    Seriously, how do you even do this? There is no reason to lose any of these, you are provided ample warning, and the cyclops is ONLY threatened by deep dives. Even IF it is ever attacked, I don't forsee a point when I would ever lose one.
    This game is far too easy to ever lose one of these.

Good for you
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    edited March 2017
    in all my subnautica time i lost only one seamoth... to 2 crashfishes. i repair averything below 60%. normaly it survives a reaper attack.

my seamoth and my prawn was grappled by reapers multiple times but never lost it to them. i'm really scared now after reading your stories...

i often visit the precursor gun wreck only with the seamoth. i know there are reaper but i avoid them in sneaking near the mountainwall (i know that they can clip but i slide the seamoth sideways to have maxium speed).

edit: and i never cross the reaper biomes in the deep. i navigate max 10m under the surface and dive to the wreck when i have to be above that.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I lost a seamoth to a crash once. As for the cyclops, it's so easy to keep it unharmed that I've never had mine damaged.
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    I lost a seamoth to a crash once. As for the cyclops, it's so easy to keep it unharmed that I've never had mine damaged.
    same here. but time is ticking :)
  • SutremaineSutremaine Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228860Members
    I still dont have the technology to retrieve it.

No Seaglide? You can stack oxygen tanks, but without a Seaglide you'll be slowed down quite a bit by the extra weight. If all you're after is access to your Seamoth, then stuff your inventory full of oxygen.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Well I was driving my cyclops over the dunes when I apparently backed into my seamoth and blew it to smithereens. Well I guess the seamoth is now made of glass. :|
    edited March 2017
    I almost lost a Cyclops to a Reaper. Not destroyed, but I was out gathering resources and the Reaper decided it was going to mate with my Cyclops. In the course of ramming into my sub, it shoved the Cyclops into the bottom.
    Which blocked my access to the hatch.
    Stranding me in open water.
    With a Reaper.

Happily, the Reaper tried to eat me, and in so doing ran into my sub again, knocking it off the bottom. Got back in. :)
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I almost lost a Cyclops to a Reaper. Not destroyed, but I was out gathering resources and the Reaper decided it was going to mate with my Cyclops. In the course of ramming into my sub, it shoved the Cyclops into the bottom.
    Which blocked my access to the hatch.
    Stranding me in open water.
    With a Reaper.

Happily, the Reaper tried to eat me, and in so doing ran into my sub again, knocking it off the bottom. Got back in. :)

LARRY: ooh a nice cyclops :*

PLAYER: OMG REAPER!!! :#

LARRY: OMG HUMAN!!! :#

LARRY: *blocks cyclops hatch*

LARRY: FOOL HUMAN!!! What now? *bumps cyclops*

PLAYER: *jumps in cyclops*

LARRY: DAMMIT :s
  • AvcdoAvcdo California Join Date: 2018-03-04 Member: 238576Members
    I had just maxed my cyclops, never been to the grand reef so I decided to take a short detour from my base, my cyclops was just about fully maxed and was holding my prized sea moth. I had no idea what a ghost leviathan was back than and I happened to be going directly over there area, my cyclops was almost destroyed so I quickly got into my ‘moth. Timed it perfectly so right when the ghost was about to destroy my cyclops I bolted away. My cyclops is still on almost max power sitting just out of my grasp. Still haven’t created a new cyclops yet, probably won’t for a while.
  • LeunamsilLeunamsil Join Date: 2018-02-02 Member: 236562Members
    The only thing i lost was my 1º seamoth. Was just cruising and for some reason the map took longer to load. One moment was just traveling at top speed the next i was inside a wreck... i was so pissed... that was the 1º and only time i used the console to get a new seamoth and left the old one there to remind me of how much i love and hate this game at the same time
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    So why is this thread popular again? Been dead since March of la- by commenting on it I'm bumping it up. Crap.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited March 2018
    I've lost a few seamoths, I believe it was due to crash fish when I was exploring the caves in the safe shallows. Never lost a prawn or cyclops, but it came very, very close when I entered the lost river through the north blood kelp entrance. I got the cyclops caught on the trees and then this absolute bastard noticed me. Bear in mind I hadn't tried going anywhere near leviathans with the cyclops at the time, so I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it safely.

92QIrIj.jpg

Soon I was frantically running around putting out fires as the beast outside let out its ghastly screams and periodically rammed into it. One more hit and poor Megalodon would've sunk...luckily it occurred to me to power down the engine. I was able to repair the external hull breaches in time and eventually dislodge my vessel before making a very sharp retreat. That was the closest I got to losing my hardcore save!
  • jehrekjehrek Join Date: 2017-11-22 Member: 234080Members
    Only lost a cyclops, and no creatures were involved.

So going through the Lost River from the Mountains entrance, there is a narrower portion, with a vertical pillar and a smaller opening leading to the same next room. Being my first time back out, I thought "was this where that Ghost was? If so, i'm taking the smaller opening to have a lesser chance of agro".

As you probably guessed, my assumption that my Cyclops was smaller than that opening was dead wrong. I got stuck a bit, then was thinking "okay, we can still make this, lets just steer into it, and then we'll get through". 15 minutes later, my Cyclops is nearly staring at the ground, and rolled partially on its side, and I can move NOWHERE.

Thankfully, I had my PRAWN in the bay. It miraculously ejected, and I made a long PRAWN walk back to my Safe Shallows base.
  • SoreinSorein USA Join Date: 2015-05-01 Member: 204015Members
    I'd say the worst Seamoth loss that I had was in a Hardcore game that I started after the full release. I was exploring things in the Deep Grand Reef and was down to about a third of my first tank of air with one backup tank when I turned back to my Seamoth and noticed that it was no longer there... instead there was some wreckage and a crabsquid in its place.

Needless to say being over 500m deep in a cave with only 1 and 1/3 tanks of air was not an ideal situation so I made a break for the exit and hit my air bladder. My air ran out a few meters from the surface and just before the screen went fully black I broke the surface. It was way too close for comfort.
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    i would have to say 2-3 seamoths. nothing worth noting other than: this was around last year's build of xbox okay so not long after i created my cyclops and exo suit, so decided to leave my seamoth at my old main base in the shallows (which is now an outpost). i don't recall much other than my cyclops decides to pop in to pulverize my seamoth in to the base
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Sorein wrote: »
    Needless to say being over 500m deep in a cave with only 1 and 1/3 tanks of air was not an ideal situation so I made a break for the exit and hit my air bladder. My air ran out a few meters from the surface and just before the screen went fully black I broke the surface. It was way too close for comfort.

You can run out of air and let the screen go black. You should still have ~2secs to reach the surface with a black screen. Happens to me all the time.

My worst experience was in a hardcore run, my prawn got stuck in a cave and I couldn't move it. I didn't want to use console (it was the first run after the game launched, so I wanted the achievs) and had to swim for the surface, then back to base through reaper infested waters, build a new prawn and go back to get my upgrade modules.
  • Legend113Legend113 Illinois Join Date: 2019-03-02 Member: 251447Members
    I lost a prawn suit in the ground and in the DGR degasi sea base w/ jump jet upgrade, depth module, grapple arm, and drill arm
  • Legend113Legend113 Illinois Join Date: 2019-03-02 Member: 251447Members
    Legend113 wrote: »
    I lost a prawn suit in the ground and in the DGR degasi sea base w/ jump jet upgrade, depth module, grapple arm, and drill arm
    I also lost a sea moth because the game didn’t load in the door for an Alien cache and it loaded after I was inside.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    The closest I ever got to losing a vehicle was my Seamoth. In a frantic trip from the Mountain Island to my Safe Shallows base, retrieving an Alien Tablet and back before the timer hit Zero, I ended up beaching my Seamoth on the sand in my blind rush. I witnessed the spectacle of the QEP firing and explored it, only to come back and realise that the Yellowjacket had become immobilised on the sand.

It took a copious amount of reversing at full speed combined with smashing my face into the sub before it finally dislodged itself from the sand, allowing me to make an (almost) clean getaway.