Your Most Favorite Biome In Subnautica

AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
My Personal favorites are the lost river and the koosh fields.

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    90% of people will say lost river (me included XD)
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Grassy Plateaus, personally. :) Deep enough and with enough lifeform variety to actually make the observatory worth building.

Lost River is...okay. The only part of it I can say I honestly like, though, is the tree. That's just magnificent, even if it does make my computer chug. ;)
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Deep Grand Reef - just wish a couple of the critters from the concept art survived the cut to give it a bit more flavour!
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Sparse Reef - ok, one not so great biome

Booh to you, sir or ma'am! The Sparse Reef is atmospheric magnificence!

As with the scariest biome thread, I'm voting (Deep) Grand Reef with Sparse Reef as close second.

Jelly Shroom Caves used to be a fav of mine, but then magnetite (which I liked to get there) no longer was a recipe for the compass and I stopped touching shale because I get more gold than I want just from searching for silver and the fragments were removed/limited to the Degasi base and it's kinda a one-time visit these days. I hope it can one day get another hot spot or that the gold in shale will be replaced with something else; pretty sure I'll regain my fondness for the JSC then.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members

Me: LOST RIVER
    57 Other Guys: LOST RIVER!
    Unfortunate Bystander: Sparse Reef...?
    -EVERYONE IS TRIGGERED-
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    edited March 2017
    I quite like the Mushroom Forests, especially at night.
    It definitely has my spot as favorite biome.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

Yep, me too

Altho i've got a hard time deciding between LR and Deep Grand Reef .... the giant floating balls and the membrane trees makes for very good sceneries. I'd definitely say tho that Lost River, Deep Grand Reef and the Lava Zones are my top 3
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Definitely the Lost River! That place is so cool, such a different atmosphere than anything experienced in the game!
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    A: Most favorite? B: Deep Grand Reef, Floater Island, or Mushroom Forest
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    Safe shallows

I have severe thalassophobia
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    My favorite would have to be the dunes, I love going in my cyclops and observing the reaper lavithans.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Ok, giant list. From most to least favorite.

Kelp forest - One of the most beautiful biomes in my opinion. The orange creepvine seeds accent the green of everything else perfectly.
    Deep grand reef - The most immersive biome. It looks cool and is awesome.
    Koosh zone - Has ampeels (my favorite creature) and has giant purple things. AWESOME.
    Jellyshroom caves - Awesome looking, and has Oculi.
    Mountain island - Has a giant cannon. Enough said.
    Mushroom forest - Pretty at night, not so much during the day. Not dangerous enough for my tastes.
    Underwater islands - Cool idea, but the execution needs work.
    ALZ - It has lava and dragons. Win.
    Grand reef - Lots of stuff and the floating stones are pretty, but the terrain skin looks bad in my opinion.
    Mountians - Cool, but too empty.
    Blood kelp - Creepy, but has best music ingame.
    ILZ - Cool, but really easy to get lost in.
    Safe shallows - Meh.
    Dunes - Lots of resources, and just the right amount of danger. But too empty.
    Lost river - Cool with the skulls, but the terrain is boring and most plants are just re - used from the blood kelp.
    Sparse reef- Cool plants, and lots of fish. WAY too many warpers.
    Crag field - Haven't been there, but looks pretty darn cool.
    Bloodgrass - Nice, but boring.
    Sea treader's path - Good god, boring and mostly useless.
    Floating island - Cool, but not underwater. That takes away from it.
    Crash zone - looks bad, and is dangerous. Would not buy again.
  • RudLacovaraRudLacovara U.S. Join Date: 2020-10-11 Member: 264612Members
    The grand reef, easaly. A massive place to explore, some decent lore, cool plants, and the best part by far, the animals. Sea treaders, crabsquids, jelly rays and ghost leviathans, best mobs in the game. I wish the squid thing and the fish things mad it in, but it gets the best the game has.

Edit: I was grouping the deep grand reef with the grand reef, and I know I called them mobs.
  • aedyboyaedyboy Join Date: 2020-10-19 Member: 264827Members
    I think I like the Blood kelp best. My Dad put his Cyclops in there and the kelp glitched right through.
  • WickedMickWickedMick Denmark Join Date: 2020-11-01 Member: 265131Members
    Don't really have a favorite per se. Most I like, and some I avoid if I can, or visits once if need be. If I should pick one, I'll have to go with Mushroom Forest. Peaceful gathering trips and mostly free of annoying creatures. I'm also quite fond of the bigger patches of Kelp Forest.
  • vampireadjacentvampireadjacent chicago Join Date: 2020-12-16 Member: 266105Members
    It's hard to pick they all have their own charm, don't they? I always keep a main base in the Kelp Forest because it's very scenic and i can see the sharks go by.