Who produce the musics of subnautica?

atiixatiix Turkey/İstanbul Join Date: 2017-03-11 Member: 228826Members
Hello!

As producer myself I really wanted to know who is the music producer of subnautica. This game has really nice musics! Those sounds really help us to intract with the atsmophere of the game. I really want to congratulate the producer and the team also! Is there any chance that I can send my music to the team? :)

Subnautica stlye song that i made(Psytrance):

Thanks alot!

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Unless I'm remembering wrong - which is always possible - the music is thanks to the extraordinarily talented Mr. Simon Chylinski, a.k.a. @simon kamakazi. :)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Is there an official soundtrack to purchase or download? I like pretty much all of the music in Subnautica, but my favorite plays while in the Blood Kelp zone. It sounds like a woman softly singing an aria that fades in and out, it totally adds to the creepiness of the zone. Does anyone know the name of that song/track?
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Also, does anyone have any experience with transcribing a piece on a music sheet? Cause there's one track from the ost which I really want to play myself, and I suck at transcribing music.

I think those pings would sound good, but they're really complicated for me to transcribe. Can someone help?

YES, this is the song! Thank you Darwin for findng it! :heart:

I remember the first time trolling through the Blood Kelp zone in my Seamoth, trying to find Power Cell Chargers... low on Power Cell energy, and hearing the occasional softscreechWTHisthatnoise... and then this song kicks into play... :flushed:

I don't think I've ever experienced terror and joy simultaneously in a game before. I totally love the way that song kind of envelopes you as you're exploring the dark and disturbing terrain. Now sometimes I'll enter the area with in the Seamoth with a surplus of food and water, and sit there for a while just so I can enjoy the ethereal and creepy music. :love:

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    Also, does anyone have any experience with transcribing a piece on a music sheet? Cause there's one track from the ost which I really want to play myself, and I suck at transcribing music.

I think those pings would sound good, but they're really complicated for me to transcribe. Can someone help?

Think Xylophone.

That is what the whole piece sounds like to me, with electronic tones added in.
    B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Think Xylophone.

That what the whole piece sounds like to me, with electronic tones added in.
    B)

Yeah it would, except that's not what I play. And I'm trying to keep what I play a secret, but all you need to know is that if you can transcribe the piece on a music sheet for me, it only needs to be those "pings" in a treble clef, no need for bass clef (sorry if that didn't make any sense, I learn music theory in french).
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    So use an Electronic Keyboard or Piano to find the right tones/notes and then transcribe it to what ever instrument you are using.
    B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Think Xylophone.
    That is what the whole piece sounds like to me, with electronic tones added in.
    B)

Hmm, it seems to remind me more of a vibraphone, instead of a xylophone. I mean a xylophone would work, but the pings would have a more softer sound on the vibraphone.

But I'm biased anyways, I think vibraphones have a richer and warmer sound than xylophones anyway. (Example) To me, a xylophone sounds like something 'tinked' out on a kiddie piano, while the vibraphone resonates more akin to a harp... more 'grown up' if you will. ;)