What is your favorite Subnautica creature?

CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
My favorite creature is the Sea Dragon, I just love that thing. It is so big, it breathes fireballs, it is what started it all. I love the Sea Dragon for every reason possible.

But what about you? What are your favorite creatures and why?

Comments

• RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Hoverfish, cuz its adorable. It's even wearing little mittens!
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    Reaper Leviathan, all it wants is a hug!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited March 2017
    Crabsnake. It's possibly one of the most creative creatures in the game. No eyes, no limbs, not even holes for ears. Yet, despite these lacks, it still is an extremely dangerous predator.
    And also, vote for the the UCR. ;)
  • Deoxys_0Deoxys_0 Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227029Members
    I really like the Hoverfish as well.. But if I had to pick something else I'd probably be the Sand Shark. I mean, who doesn't love this stupid face? xD
    subnautica_image_zpsyw06rbnl.jpg
    (Note: Not my picture.)
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Hmm... Close call between the mesmer cause it's now so freaking terrifying when it hypnotises you, and the ampeel (for obvious reasons).
  • LordArmageddonLordArmageddon Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228713Members
    Hmm, you make this hard. I have always liked the crabsquid, only because they look f**king awesome. I sound crazy don't I.
  • kingdoo10kingdoo10 UK Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226989Members
    edited March 2017
    My favorite creature is the Sea Dragon, I just love that thing. It is so big, it breathes fireballs, it is what started it all. I love the Sea Dragon for every reason possible.

My favourite herbivore is the Reefback. I love watching them and even though it is a game, imagining that they really are social creatures.

My favourite carnivore is the mesmer. Most creative creature I've seen in a video game, they are also adorable to look at and have the best colour pattern out of any other fish.

I guess favourite robot: Warper. Because it is the only non actual fish. But also deserves a spot because it is really cool and interesting how it is intergrated into the story. And it's powers are also reall cool and unique. Also why is it classed as a carnivore doesn't make much sense to me?

Favourite parasite: Either floaters followed by bleeders and finally shuttlebugs

Favourite Flora: Either... Blood vines, Creepvines, Eye Stalks, Giant Cove tree, Jelly Shrooms. My personal favourites are either rouge cradles or membrain trees.

I will also give shout outs to the bonesharks (I find them cute), pretty much all the smaller creatures other than the spadefish (Spade fish annoy me for some reason) and the Crabsnake I find them on par with the mesmer, creative, I would like them to do another cave like system that isn't part of the biome it is found under and not really related to the story I know these caves have info on the Degasi crew but other than that it seems so seperate and beautiful from the world.

I will also add my least favourite creatures.

Least favourite herbivore: Spade fish (these annoy me they take up too many biomes in replace of better and more colourful fauna).

Least favourite carnivore: Crabsquid. Mainly because of how aggressive they are. I wish you could observe them like you can with bonesharks, stalkers and sandsharks who obviously still attack you but no where near as frequently as the crabsquid. Design wise it is awsome. I dislike them compared to reapers and sea dragons which are supposed to be there to attack you. Crabsquids seem to have a hatred for people, maybe because the degasi crew disturbed them too much when they built a base in the grand reef?

Least favourite flora: Don't really have one. Personally I feel that there is not enough flora in certain biomes.

Least favourite parasites: I really hate cave crawlers with a passion. They make me use the no damage cheat in the Aurora way too much as I just cannot be bothered to deal with them. Blood crawlers are also annoying but since in water and easily avoidable I care much less about these. Especially since you will probably have the prawn by this point in the game as they are found mainly in the blood kelp zone, making them easy to kill.

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    kingdoo10 wrote: »

My favourite herbivore is the Reefback. I love watching them and even though it is a game, imagining that they really are social creatures.

My favourite carnivore is the mesmer. Most creative creature I've seen in a video game, they are also adorable to look at and have the best colour pattern out of any other fish.

I guess favourite robot: Warper. Because it is the only non actual fish. But also deserves a spot because it is really cool and interesting how it is intergrated into the story. And it's powers are also reall cool and unique. Also why is it classed as a carnivore doesn't make much sense to me?

Favourite parasite: Either floaters followed by bleeders and finally shuttlebugs

Favourite Flora: Either... Blood vines, Creepvines, Eye Stalks, Giant Cove tree, Jelly Shrooms. My personal favourites are either rouge cradles or membrain trees.

I will also give shout outs to the bonesharks (I find them cute), pretty much all the smaller creatures other than the spadefish (Spade fish annoy me for some reason) and the Crabsnake I find them on par with the mesmer, creative, I would like them to do another cave like system that isn't part of the biome it is found under and not really related to the story I know these caves have info on the Degasi crew but other than that it seems so seperate and beautiful from the world.

I will also add my least favourite creatures.

Least favourite herbivore: Spade fish (these annoy me they take up too many biomes in replace of better and more colourful fauna).

Least favourite carnivore: Crabsquid. Mainly because of how aggressive they are. I wish you could observe them like you can with bonesharks, stalkers and sandsharks who obviously still attack you but no where near as frequently as the crabsquid. Design wise it is awsome. I dislike them compared to reapers and sea dragons which are supposed to be there to attack you. Crabsquids seem to have a hatred for people, maybe because the degasi crew disturbed them too much when they built a base in the grand reef?

Least favourite flora: Don't really have one. Personally I feel that there is not enough flora in certain biomes.

Least favourite parasites: I really hate cave crawlers with a passion. They make me use the no damage cheat in the Aurora way too much as I just cannot be bothered to deal with them. Blood crawlers are also annoying but since in water and easily avoidable I care much less about these. Especially since you will probably have the prawn by this point in the game as they are found mainly in the blood kelp zone, making them easy to kill.

I love your reply so much, so much reasoning behind it! :smile: Also, the warper isn't the only robot, there is the precursor droid.
  • kingdoo10kingdoo10 UK Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226989Members
    edited March 2017
    Thank you and yeah forgot about the precusor droid since they have only just been released. They would go under my hatred for cave/blood crawlers. Although they aren't as annoying as you can be in the base with your prawn suit so don't really do that much at that point within the game.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Rabbit Rays. :) They're actually quite relaxing to watch.
    Least favourite parasites: I really hate cave crawlers with a passion.
    I'll second that! I hate those damn things. It's partly why I went on a rampage in the Lost River with my PRAWN suit. Every single Blood Crawler I could find got to test-drive the drill arm.

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Rabbit Rays. :) They're actually quite relaxing to watch.
    Least favourite parasites: I really hate cave crawlers with a passion.
    I'll second that! I hate those damn things. It's partly why I went on a rampage in the Lost River with my PRAWN suit. Every single Blood Crawler I could find got to test-drive the drill arm.

Rabbit rays are awesome, but I hope they serve more of a purpose in the future.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Warper. Because TELEPORTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    No love for the Crashfish? They're my favorite creature because they look cute, and have that adorable growling sound when you're just out of attack range. :p

Not to mention if you're in a cave and hear the screechGROOWWWWWLLL sound, you quickly panic and wonder when was the last time you saved... ;)
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    edited March 2017
    Least favourite carnivore: Crabsquid. Mainly because of how aggressive they are. I wish you could observe them like...

A serious pain. I had to grapple one with the PRAWN, drag my little pseudo-mechwarrior up to it by the cable, and beat the beastie to death with the other fist so I could get one to hold still long enough to finish my scan.
    ...cave crawlers...

It's actually better with the bare metal fist, one quick sucker punch kills them and you're on to the next.

This game is SO violent for a game without "real" guns.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited March 2017
    It's actually better with the bare metal fist, one quick sucker punch kills them and you're on to the next.

Faster, yes, but significantly less fulfilling. ;)

Aw, can't bite through a PRAWN suit, canya? Huh? This is a drill arm, you see. Active mulch mode. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr...