Vehicle modification bug plz help

dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
edited February 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
I am trying to paint my seamoth and i can not change the slider on the far right of the console to add color. how do i move it now?

Comments

• NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members
    Can anyone answer this as I'm having the same issue with my seamoth and prawn suit. The Precursor/C&C update changed how it was done and now it seems impossible to adjust the intensity slider to get colors instead of just black/white. The cyclops allows me to select and adjust that slider but not the other vehicles.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S F;
    After the twin update the UI changed.
    I posted the procedure soon after.
    Use a combination of D-Pad (DP) and Right Stick (RS) Movements.
    Move the DP until the central 'square' is highlighted.
    Use RS to change the colour.
    Move the DP until a small square is highlighted around the lever on the right side.
    Use RS up and RIGHT to increase intensity.

It's been a week or two since I've had a Cyclops.
    I haven't tried this with the Vehicle Modification Station.
    I'll find out in afew minutes if this still works.
    Thanks for the reply @Shotout. That definitely works with the Cyclops, however I haven't had any luck getting the Vehicle Modification Station to allow me to select the lever on the far right. Hopefully you have better results when you try it, but I can't help but think it's broken altogether currently.
    Yes I have to agree.
    I was unable to highlight the intensity lever on the Vehicle Modification Station Console.
    Sorry.
    SUCCESS!
    I moved the VMS to one of the end walls.
    It work like the Cyclops Mod Station now.
    Awesome! Thanks for trying it out, I'll definitely try moving mine there when I can play tomorrow.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    @Shotout Thank you so much, that was frustrating. I've been hoping they'd fix the vehicle painting as it was very difficult before this update, then they finally did and then this. So again thank you! B)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Shotout wrote: »
    SUCCESS!
    I moved the VMS to one of the end walls.
    It work like the Cyclops Mod Station now.

Might just be the VMS was created before the update, and a new one needs to be created that has the correct controls? To test, just deconstruct it, then construct it in the same place. If it now works, then this was the issue.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    I will check and see if moving it fixes it on my map and if not then I will start a new game (I was going to make a new game toady anyways because of the infected update but I will check and see if it works on the old one first).
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    dexter397 wrote: »
    I will check and see if moving it fixes it on my map and if not then I will start a new game (I was going to make a new game toady anyways because of the infected update but I will check and see if it works on the old one first).

Try reconstructing it in the same place first. For science!
    I will do it FOR SCCEINCE! (Lol) and post what happens when i do
    edited March 2017
    I took it out and put it back into place and it did not work :( but then I remembered Shotout's post and decided that since I had two moonpool that I would move the other one to one of th ends that was not being used and it worked! The solution is have the VMS on one of the ends and not the sides for it to work :) so if anyone ever has this problem then do what Shotout did and put it on the ends not the sides. (I did this FOR SCIENCE) Also I did not start a new game because the FPS was very bad in the lost river (I was their checking out the base) so I just got off. I reached the point where there is not much for me to do so yeah.