The Lava War Thread

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited March 2017
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Reinforcements

@ResolutionBlaze - 1 Stalker

@Jamezorg - 1 army
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    How come I still have only 3 Warpers on the Board?
    You said you were moving everything up to c3. That territory ended up with 4 warpers. I found that odd, but didn't question. This time, I was way more careful with this map. What puzzled me though, is why you are holding back so much, @Enderguy059. Now, you can place your reinforcements where you already have troops.
    Yeah, place the troops first, then move it up.
    So, I guess the map is alright. Let's wait for @ResolutionBlaze and @Jamezorg to make their moves.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    edited March 2017
    I move the 2 crabsquid in OG into IG, and move two crabsquid down from E2 to OG
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    DEVOURANDUM TURN

- I place 1 Stalker at C
    - I move 1 Reaper from C to OG.
    - I attack EC with 1 Reaper from IG.
    Jamezorg wrote: »

Ok, I guess you are deploying your army at OG. But your armies at E2 can only move to C - 1 adjacent territory per turn.
    DEVOURANDUM TURN

- I place 1 Stalker at C

Do you wish to keep attacking EC with the Reaper until you conquer the territory (I mean, until even if one of the dices are defeated, the other two keep on, until the last ones are also defeated) ?
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

Ok, I guess you are deploying your army at OG. But your armies at E2 can only move to C - 1 adjacent territory per turn.
    DEVOURANDUM TURN

- I place 1 Stalker at C

Do you wish to keep attacking EC with the Reaper until you conquer the territory (I mean, until even if one of the dices are defeated, the other two keep on, until the last ones are also defeated) ?

Yes.
    edited March 2017
    Battle report: Devorandum Confederacy x Lava Empire at EC on Entrance A

Armies: DC = 1 Reaper (3 armies)/ LE = 4 Spine Eels + 1 Crabsquid (5 armies)

Powers:

DC: Gets to add 3 to any attacking dice role value (because VIOLENCE!) (oh, and reapers count as 3 armies)

Crabsquid (Lava Empire): Ion Suicide (If an area that was controlled by the 4th division is taken over, there is the chance to detonate a Crabsquid in a nearby area, killing one unit of the attacking force. This obviously kills the Crabsquid who explodes. Can only be used once per turn.)

Dice Values: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

1st attack

DC= 9, 5, 4
    LE = 6, 6, 4

Attack failed. First attack results: Lava Empire loses 1 armie. DC loses 2 armies.

2nd attack

DC = 4
    LE = 5

Attack failed. Lava Empire holds EC with 3 Spine Eels and 1 Crabsquid. Devorandum attack force decimated.
    Entrance B reinforcements

@phantomfinch - 2 armies

FMMA - 2 PRAWNS
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited March 2017
    I place both reenforcments on OG

I move the 3 biters from C4 to OG.
    You can do biter X6 to make it easier.
    FMMA:

Reinforcements:

I place both PRAWNS at IG1.

Movements:

I move all Cyclops 1 territory up. IG1 has 3 PRAWNS and 1 Cyclops.
    Entrance C Reinforcements:

@Skope - 3 armies

@the_mariner - 2 armies

@Enderguy059 - 1 army
    Entrance C Reinforcements:

@Skope - 3 armies

@the_mariner - 2 armies

@Enderguy059 - 1 army

Second call. Are you there?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited March 2017
    I place all three Crabsnakes on EC.

I move all other troops in the tunnels up one territory.

I attack O2 with 4 units.

Then I attack O3 with the other two Crabsnakes.
    Skope wrote: »

Ok. Choose two numbers from 1 to 10. Also, you know O3 has 4 Spine eels, right?
    edited March 2017
    I place 1 army on C3, and move everyone up to OG.

/Operation Log-7\ "This is DJ Ampeel. To those who can hear, I don't have much time, but you need to destroy Pater's Prison. For the sake of all my species"

I had managed to find myself a quiet nook

"I'm currently broadcasting from the mouth of the Crash Zone Entrance. My family and most of Ampeels as a species have been imprisoned by that deceitful monster who calls himself the Father of Flames. The others are either dead or in hiding, more so the latter after the riot that Reaper, Bonecruncher, caused helped cover an escape attempt... which has cost him another tusk."

So it's confirmed. General Bonecruncher is alive! This will make an immeasurable morale-booster once I've sent this audio file via secure transfer link.

"Pater Aestus has sent me to the entrance to create and broadcast music laced with his wartime propaganda against my will. He has also posted a Mesmer-Betrayer to my post, who now serves as my hypnotic restraining bolt. For a creature who slaughtered my species through his lies and partial genocide, he was kind enough to provide me with some decent living quarters. But, what he and that slimy traitor of a Mesmer don't know, is that I know more about music than either of them ever will, and that Pater isn't the only one who can use music to broadcast their messages."

So that's what must be the reason as to why only 1 Ampeel (which now seems to be confirmed as the DJ herself) was the only 1 reported to be present on the battlefield; the rest have been imprisoned alongside the General. It's a monumental task, but if I could successfully instigate a prison breakout, we could not only recover the general for the Devorandum, but possibly receive additional support from Ampeel forces.

"For those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, the prison is located South of the Lava Castle, which has had it's outer shell reshaped into his personal throne. Please hurry. I fear that Aestus may discover my lyrical ruse if he listens closely too my music, and he may resort to more... permanent methods of indoctrination, for both me and those imprisoned. I will attempt to provide additional support once I hear any news."

"Hey... you finished making music in there, baby? 'Cause I'm ready to show my true colours, you shocking thing."

"Oh... no..." __XX__XX__XX__ --End Transmission--

Well, this is an interesting situation. Since I'm so deep in this Hellish rabbit-hole, I'm possibly the only one able to feasibly save them in time. The close proximity of the prison to Entrance C should allow Agent Prime's forces to quickly ferry the prisoners away from what would soon become a battlefield. Oh, and DJ Ampeel's security Mesmer is a disgusting, spineless stain of scum who will definitely get what's coming to him once the Prison has been liberated.

*Transmission ready for broadcast*

Excellent. Once I've transmitted this message and my newest mission, I will need to find information on the Prison to find a way in.

...Hmm...I wonder if that Lava Lizard on his way to the Castle knows anything...
    edited March 2017
    (Insert mission-themed music here)

• PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited March 2017

"This is DJ Ampeel. To those who can hear, I don't have much time, but you need to destroy Pater's Prison. For the sake of all my species"

"I'm currently broadcasting from the mouth of the Crash Zone Entrance. My family and most of Ampeels as a species have been imprisoned by that deceitful monster who calls himself the Father of Flames. The others are either dead or in hiding, more so the latter after the riot that Reaper, Bonecruncher, caused helped cover an escape attempt... which has cost him another tusk."

So it's confirmed. General Bonecruncher is alive! This will make an immeasurable morale-booster once I've sent this audio file via secure transfer link.

"Pater Aestus has sent me to the entrance to create and broadcast music laced with his wartime propaganda against my will. He has also posted a Mesmer-Betrayer to my post, who now serves as my hypnotic restraining bolt. For a creature who slaughtered my species through his lies and partial genocide, he was kind enough to provide me with some decent living quarters. But, what he and that slimy traitor of a Mesmer don't know, is that I know more about music than either of them ever will, and that Pater isn't the only one who can use music to broadcast their messages."

So that's what must be the reason as to why only 1 Ampeel (which now seems to be confirmed as the DJ herself) was the only 1 reported to be present on the battlefield; the rest have been imprisoned alongside the General. It's a monumental task, but if I could successfully instigate a prison breakout, we could not only recover the general for the Devorandum, but possibly receive additional support from Ampeel forces.

"For those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, the prison is located South of the Lava Castle, which has had it's outer shell reshaped into his personal throne. Please hurry. I fear that Aestus may discover my lyrical ruse if he listens closely too my music, and he may resort to more... permanent methods of indoctrination, for both me and those imprisoned. I will attempt to provide additional support once I hear any news."

"Hey... you finished making music in there, baby? 'Cause I'm ready to show my true colours, you shocking thing."

Well, this is an interesting situation. Since I'm so deep in this Hellish rabbit-hole, I'm possibly the only one able to feasibly save them in time. The close proximity of the prison to Entrance C should allow Agent Prime's forces to quickly ferry the prisoners away from what would soon become a battlefield. Oh, and DJ Ampeel's security Mesmer is a disgusting, spineless stain of scum who will definitely get what's coming to him once the Prison has been liberated.

Excellent. Once I've transmitted this message and my newest mission, I will need to find information on the Prison to find a way in.

...Hmm...I wonder if that Lava Lizard on his way to the Castle knows anything...

This physically made me laugh. I've never heard of a more absurd use of propaganda.

I have not harmed a single Ampeel in them coming here. In fact, the Ampeels came here of their own accord, following the rest of the Republic of Koosh. The only reason that there is so few Ampeels, is because many are against fighting, something that I was unbeknownst of when the Ampeels came to my realm. They have been transferred to the same place where the other peaceful fish are being protected.

And why would DJ be creating music for me, when I don't use propaganda against my own soldiers? Why waste propaganda on creatures who already see me as a king? They may not agree with everything I do, but even enlightened creatures don't always see the bigger picture that I see.

And Noble Cleanser, that Mesmer that stands by DJ at all times, while he is of questionable personal hygiene, he guards DJ from you Aboveworlders trying to steal her away. Steal her from an environment where she is veritably worshiped for her music lifting the depressed spirits of those whose families have been slaughtered in the war. She does a great service for the soldiers.

And finally, your depiction of me in your "report" is nothing short of vile and disgusting. Those of you with actual brains (And I'm sure that I gave some of you brains) can very plainly see that it is untrue in every way imaginable. By acting in the way this "report" shows, I would have disgraced the kings before me, forever relinquishing my identity as a king and creator. Something I plan on not doing.
    Also, thank you for reminding me about that Lava Lizard.

He should have completed his task by now.

Now he should be able to find your weakness, Mr. Noble Cleanser.

But if you insist, try and take him down. I would love to see you try.

"This is DJ Ampeel. To those who can hear, I don't have much time, but you need to destroy Pater's Prison. For the sake of all my species"

This physically made me laugh. I've never heard of a more absurd use of propaganda.

I have not harmed a single Ampeel in them coming here. In fact, the Ampeels came here of their own accord, following the rest of the Republic of Koosh. The only reason that there is so few Ampeels, is because many are against fighting, something that I was unbeknownst of when the Ampeels came to my realm. They have been transferred to the same place where the other peaceful fish are being protected.

And why would DJ be creating music for me, when I don't use propaganda against my own soldiers? Why waste propaganda on creatures who already see me as a king? They may not agree with everything I do, but even enlightened creatures don't always see the bigger picture that I see.

And Noble Cleanser, that Mesmer that stands by DJ at all times, while he is of questionable personal hygiene, he guards DJ from you Aboveworlders trying to steal her away. Steal her from an environment where she is veritably worshiped for her music lifting the depressed spirits of those whose families have been slaughtered in the war. She does a great service for the soldiers.

And finally, your depiction of me in your "report" is nothing short of vile and disgusting. Those of you with actual brains (And I'm sure that I gave some of you brains) can very plainly see that it is untrue in every way imaginable. By acting in the way this "report" shows, I would have disgraced the kings before me, forever relinquishing my identity as a king and creator. Something I plan on not doing.
    Also, thank you for reminding me about that Lava Lizard.

He should have completed his task by now.

Now he should be able to find your weakness, Mr. Noble Cleanser.

But if you insist, try and take him down. I would love to see you try.

Ok. Choose two numbers from 1 to 10. Also, you know O3 has 4 Spine eels, right?

@Skope?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Oh, sorry.

I choose 8.
    Oh, sorry.

I choose 8.

For both attacks?
    edited March 2017
    And I choose 3.

8 for the first, 3 for the second.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    And I choose 3.

8 for the first, 3 for the second.

And drub roll please

I was about ready to empty my bowels at this part.

This is not a good mental image.
    I regret making this.
    Seriously, turn back now. You don't want to see it.
    I'm warning you!
    Fine, if you want it so badly then here
    Hey, it was worth a shot.
    34vwhfp9fy7u.jpg

I was about ready to empty my bowels at this part.

This is not a good mental image.
    I regret making this.
    Seriously, turn back now. You don't want to see it.
    I'm warning you!
    Fine, if you want it so badly then here
    Hey, it was worth a shot.
    34vwhfp9fy7u.jpg

Ugh, ugh, bleeeeeeuurrgh