Be able to repair survival capsules and exploit them

AsubaAsuba FRANCE Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215835Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hello,

Am I the only one to regret that it is not possible to :

1 - be able to pick up the fire extinguisher, the care kit and the contents of the boot of each survival capsule? (See clearly to recover the batteries from the capsules).

As it is, it gives the impression of a (fictitious) pasted (amusement park) decoration with elements present visually speaking, but which prove to be factious in the facts.

2 - not being able to repair them with the repair tool and some resources ?

I will find it really great to be able to put them back on the water. :smiley:
It would be as many fronts scattered all over the map and the feeling of repairing things.

We could clog the openings and re-solve the gaps with the repair tool (as with the Aurora reactor) and resuspend the capsules with the floats (temporarily or definitively) .

This would give real usefulness to the floats.

Yes ? No ? What do you think of this suggestion ? :smile:

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    They want to encourage you putting down a base, though...
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I like the idea of beeing able to salvage parts of the escape pods. Let us deconstruct the things inside and maybe give us less resources if they are damaged. But a full repair? What good would it be if you got half a dozen escape pods all around?

A fabricator close by? - Better to build one on a Cyclops that you can take with you "almost" everywhere.

A Firstaid-Station? - Again the one build on a Cyclops would be the better solution.

The small storage? - You guess it...can take way more with you in a Cyclops or just use floating lockers.

Fire Extinguisher? - Small use for visiting the Aurora but you can find enough on the Aurora to make your way through it.

Taking out the self-charging-power-cells? - Would be to overpowered. If you need more power reserves you could (later in the game) gather enough Ion crystals to build yourself Ion Power cells for your vehicles. I don't know if there are enough for all vehicles though.

So the only meaningful purpose I could see would be the sense of "repairing" something...but for that alone I would not implement such a feature. And for most of the above you could also build small remote bases (a single MP-room with a fabricator a few lockers and either some solar panels if build in shallow waters or a bioreactor if build deeper with a marble malon plant pot for fuel/or thermal reactor if near hot water).

TL:DR : Base idea is nice but I only see use in the other escape pods as salvage options not for repair.