Waterproof locker items keep disappearing

SinkingRockSinkingRock Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228568Members
edited March 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
For FOUR TIMES in a row, I've had to spawn in a bunch of items to reimburse the lost items. Whenever I put items in any waterproof locker and then go ~400 meters away (and then come back) all of the items that were previously inside mysteriously disappear. Like I said, this has happened four times in a row now. I literally just have a list of items that I would of stored written down to just spawn in later, I have to drop everything extra...

Comments

• shortybsdshortybsd TN - USA Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228571Members
    I confirm it happens to me as well. As titled in their update "Subnautica is secretly a brilliant horror game" they probably intended on this bug purposely to force you to make a base with limited inventory.
  • PogSPogS France Join Date: 2014-03-11 Member: 194653Members
    edited March 2017
    It happens to me all the time as well. Every item disappears within a few minutes... thus the game is unplayable :(
  • god0606god0606 Italy Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223261Members
    Same happened to me too...i also have a bit of trouble finding Radiation suit, the lifepod 6 that should have the radiation suit doesn't have the suit and i cannot craft it, tried searching a way, maybe fragments or something but cannot find it. :/
  • SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members
    You guys are lucky who only lost your items, each time i load up a new game i lose the entire Locker PLUS items.
  • nranderson2113nranderson2113 Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228591Members
    I assume that this problem is connected to my own problem: items in luggage bags disappearing after leaving and returning. :/

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/148994/items-in-luggage-bags-dissapear/p1?new=1
  • MestarianMestarian Utah Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228616Members
    I have found that if I put anything into the waterproof lockers, all the contents disappear as soon as you get far away enough for the floating crate to disappear when it leaves the view distance. Unfortunately I kinda learned this the hard way as well.
  • TheArmitageTheArmitage Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228617Members
    I lost all my items in waterproof lockers with the update. Had no problems before then.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited March 2017
    god0606 wrote: »
    Same happened to me too...i also have a bit of trouble finding Radiation suit, the lifepod 6 that should have the radiation suit doesn't have the suit and i cannot craft it, tried searching a way, maybe fragments or something but cannot find it. :/

I think the 'extra items' are officially gone now as of the Feb update. I played a fresh game yesterday and noticed the Radiation Suit pieces were gone at Lifepod 6, as well as the Compass at Lifepod 7. However! These funky new Alterra... data boxes? are in their places now. Lifepod 7 has the data box to unlock the Compass (no more needing Magnetite to unlock it!) and Lifepod 6 has the data box to unlock the Hi-Capacity O2 tank now. Sadly you still can't make the advanced items without the Modification Station, but its always nice to have more progression and exploration added to the game. But anyways, the Radiation Suit is unlocked on a fresh game, you should be able to craft it already? If not, something must be bwoke. :(

Also as a side note, they've now added Lifepod 19 to the stable build, which ties in both with the fate of Commander Keen and a way to point new players to the Floating Island naturally (which is something that perturbed me up until now) :tongue:
  • CalbrenarCalbrenar Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228671Members
    No update on this? This has been a really frustrating game. I've been playing w/ my kids and we were having all kinds of weird issues with the bleeding edge (never had problems before). So I switched into "stable" and now I have consistently disappearing items as well as my lifepod apparently loves to travel. It went an absurd distance away from starting location. Then it started drifting from secondary location. I pushed it back over my new boxes (which also emptied) and it went back again then apparently after I left and returned it drifted back near the original area (but over kept forest). Is there a way to stop it from moving?
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    My locker also emptied, first time ever yesterday for me (though I've not used one for ages).

Re moving lifepod, try putting crates around it?
  • WyndonWyndon Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228695Members
    Same problem here, I thought I was crazy, but apparently it isn't just me. Dev Team - your lockers are hungry and biting people :smile:
  • fbiehnefbiehne Germany Join Date: 2017-01-30 Member: 227464Members
    I had three lockers and all disappeared including all its items after some time.
    Don’t know if there’s a creature who eats lockers?
  • noah4mcnoah4mc US Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228720Members
    For FOUR TIMES in a row, I've had to spawn in a bunch of items to reimburse the lost items. Whenever I put items in any waterproof locker and then go ~400 meters away (and then come back) all of the items that were previously inside mysteriously disappear. Like I said, this has happened four times in a row now. I literally just have a list of items that I would of stored written down to just spawn in later, I have to drop everything extra...

Just started playing the game today. This is happening to me as well, and honestly, it's kinda game braking. Has this bug been brought to the attention of the devs yet?
  • bcwtruefanbcwtruefan Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228765Members
    Same thing keeps happening to me. I tried starting a new game and still the same problem. This never happened prior to the recent update. It is game breaking and at this point I am going to have to stop playing until it if fixed.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    bcwtruefan wrote: »
    Same thing keeps happening to me. I tried starting a new game and still the same problem. This never happened prior to the recent update. It is game breaking and at this point I am going to have to stop playing until it if fixed.

While it's annoying I agree, I wouldn't necessarily call it "game breaking," only the waterproof lockers are affected, standard lockers you build in base properly store their inventory. (as does the locker on the lifepod) It makes things a bit more tricky at the start, but once you have a x connector base piece built with a few lockers inside the floating lockers are largely superfluous.)
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    It happened to me when I had PRAWN suit upgrades in it
  • SolesSoles Australia Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228862Members
    I just got the game today too...and lost all my items several times....makes me want to get a refund.
  • Flash_xxFlash_xx Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228888Members
    Same here. I have resorted to using the containers to dispose of garbage. I just put anything I don't need inside and when I come back it's all gone. No more litter on the ground beneath the base.
  • ultimatefox02ultimatefox02 Canada Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228892Members
    me is my suit PRAWN disappear in the ground , i see the signal , but no acces to recover my suitwezj.png
    edited March 2017
    me is my suit PRAWN disappear in the ground , i see the signal , but no

I've had this happen before with a PRAWN, and a Seamoth, there's no way to get them back, the best work around I know of is to use the debug console and spawn commands to conjure up a replacement + missing modules and loot.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    me is my suit PRAWN disappear in the ground , i see the signal , but no acces to recover my suitwezj.png
    Silveressa wrote: »
    me is my suit PRAWN disappear in the ground , i see the signal , but no

I've had this happen before with a PRAWN, and a Seamoth, there's no way to get them back, the best work around I know of is to use the debug console and spawn commands to conjure up a replacement + missing modules and loot.

Eh.
    item 514

then shift+right-click down to the PRAWN. Might need to clear a little around it as well. To reset the terrain after you're done, just delete the CompiledOctreesCache folder.
  • bionicscottbionicscott USA Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228898Members
    I just started playing this weekend and found out the hard way not to use the waterproof lockers. I lost everything I put in twice. This game is too buggy for even basic play.
    noah4mc wrote: »

Just started playing the game today. This is happening to me as well, and honestly, it's kinda game braking. Has this bug been brought to the attention of the devs yet?

• jazhajazha Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228906Members
    edited March 2017
    Started playing today, put a lot of things in waterproof lockers .. and lost it all, I'll wait until this bug is fixed before trying the game again .. loosing to much stuff is game breaking :)

I also tested the experimental version as of 13th March 17, the bug is still present there.
  • lacigallacigal Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228951Members
    Exactly same problem here, i'm a new player too + the label "open storage..." isn't translated in french.
    I'll wait debug before playing again.
    The bug sucks, but honestly it's not entirely game breaking, once you have the build tool and a couple wall lockers inside a base tube piece thrown in on the ocean floor you'll never use these things again; they're helpful for maybe the first couple hours of game play if that?
  • prototype464prototype464 North Carolina, United States Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228993Members

This bug happens to me as well, the locker's name is also glitched in the air... er... water, it's not on the locker and it's floating. (In my case, anyway.)
  • CalbrenarCalbrenar Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228671Members
    It just happened to me <110m away. This is absurd and needs to be hotfixed. How are you supposed to build up enough stuff to even make normal lockers if you only have one storage bay on the pod.
    Calbrenar wrote: »
    It just happened to me <110m away. This is absurd and needs to be hotfixed. How are you supposed to build up enough stuff to even make normal lockers if you only have one storage bay on the pod.

IIRC, titanium and other resources dropped on the ocean floor directly under the life pod don't vanish (at least they didn't a couple build back) So making a pile of resources on the sea floor may be a work around?

Though the lifepod locker can store enough resources to craft a habitat build tool easily, and then enough space to hold plenty of resources for building a base tube section, (x2 titanium) Hatch (x1 titanium x1 glass) And a wall locker (x2 titanium x1 glass) letting you set up a storage tube on the ocean floor near by without much difficulty.
  • sparky2525sparky2525 Join Date: 2017-03-18 Member: 229031Members
    i just downloaded the game and my items keep disappearing from my storage locker. the only stuff that doesnt disappear are the stuff i keep in the storage department you have on ship
  • SutremaineSutremaine Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228860Members
    Calbrenar wrote: »
    How are you supposed to build up enough stuff to even make normal lockers if you only have one storage bay on the pod.

2 titanium for a corridor. 2 titanium plus 2 quartz (1 glass) for a hatch. 2 titanium plus 1 quartz for a wall locker. Thats 9 inventory spaces, total, and you don't even need to pick up all the items at once. If you put the base of the corridor level with the surface of the water, you don't need any power.

How much stuff are you trying to build up, anyway? What are you doing that requires more items than your inventory and the lifepod inventory can hold?