Infected Update - Now I have 2 Lifepod 5's

ApoNonoApoNono United States Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228282Members
My base is no longer in the safe shallows but I went back there tonight and noticed there are 2 lifepod 5's in the shallow now. 1 is mine and 1 is a phantom that doesn't have the fabricator or anything in it.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Ebay/Amazon that stuff mang
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited March 2017
    So this is a full on bug?

I would both love and hate something like this to happen to me.
  • ApoNonoApoNono United States Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228282Members
    I am pretty sure, I did a cache clear after the update before I loaded the save. I am not sure if that had anything to do with a 2nd lifepod 5 joining the party or not
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    This happened to me once at random - the game warned about an error loading the save, loaded it anyway, and suddenly I had a duplicate lifepod that was just a shell. Quit, restarted, reloaded...all was well.

Currently, we believe that the second lifepod was an intrusion from the Twilight Zone.
    I can confirm that the twilight zone lifepod 5 has left the ocean. All is well :-)
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    I want one now, just so I can leave my titanium in it
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited March 2017
    I want one now, just so I can leave my titanium in it

Once upon a time, I hated having so much extra titanium, too. Then, after doing some construction and sub upgrades, I realized how much I needed every scrap I could find.

Now, gold on the other hand... suffice it to say that if I ever get off 4546B, I'm going to have enough extra to buy a nice place to retire. Switzerland, maybe.
    ApoNono wrote: »
    I can confirm that the twilight zone lifepod 5 has left the ocean. All is well :-)

You didn't have to stick your arm in a running propeller to make it vanish, did you? (Massive bonus credit if you get that reference!)
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members

You didn't have to stick your arm in a running propeller to make it vanish, did you? (Massive bonus credit if you get that reference!)
    Yea, I 'member!

No bonus points for me :(

Only thing that reminded me of was the career of the model who stepped off a plan and lost an arm and an eye to a propeller...
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited March 2017
    This happened to me once at random - the game warned about an error loading the save, loaded it anyway, and suddenly I had a duplicate lifepod that was just a shell. Quit, restarted, reloaded...all was well.

Currently, we believe that the second lifepod was an intrusion from the Twilight Zone.

I may be late, but...

SOMEONE had to.

As for

Nobody ever gets my Scott Pilgrim References - see below:

Once I was being chased by a reaper in the dunes, so I ran into the mushroom forest. He got stuck .
    xco7kv9qq1q2.jpg
    d0pwwedronsj.jpg
    yf7a9s1o3ir8.jpg
    My reaction:
    ej0ajphe9ju6.png

Note - I didn't win.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Be happy you have two Lifepod 2s. When I started playing we had just one Lifepod 2, uphill, in the snow, both ways and we LIKED IT!

No bonus points for me :(

Only thing that reminded me of was the career of the model who stepped off a plan and lost an arm and an eye to a propeller...

Ouch.

Well, this was referencing a classic Twilight Zone episode called The Arrival. It's about a plane that arrives, and lands, at an airport...empty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arrival_(The_Twilight_Zone)