Infected Update Released! - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageInfected Update Released! - Subnautica

There’s something in the water. It has infected this world. It has infected you. The Infected Update has arrived! See it in action on the Infected Update site. The Infection Some...

Read the full story here

Comments

• KelfaKelfa Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205084Members
    Just came home from my exam. Now i have time. Perfectly in sync with my life <3

This update looks awsome. Love the infection :-)
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    I'm gonna get infected on purpose just so I am kryptonite man
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
  • ZoolWayZoolWay Austria Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228484Members
    Yeah! Cannot wait to check it out.

Are there any more detailed change logs?
    Would like to know if any of the technical issues (frames dropping after hours of play, crash after hours of play (deleting cache), wreck duplication)) should be fixed or improved.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    The plot thickens!
    Crag field and that "Fade" being bio engineer at the end?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    Somebody 'Boned' my Lost River Base...
    pbhvk012e6sj.jpg
    36gknymj2o7g.jpg
    92fpq4a1ypbu.jpg
    vo9twm9rhbny.jpg
    cf12dxsv61zk.jpg
    3p2kl7gw7ua8.jpg
    B)
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    Infected, you say?
  • PawsRaditudePawsRaditude Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228508Members
    I still don't understand this update. I've been playing this game for a week trying to figure everything out. Does it mean my death is unavoidable now that I'm infected? I legit don't know what to do
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @PawsRaditude I doubt it really means anything - you need to be non-infected in order to leave the planet, so you have to figure out how to cure yourself, but other than that I don't think there will be any gameplay ramifications.... at least for now.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Somebody 'Boned' my Lost River Base...
    Mine is right near there too. Didn't get any conflicts with the new update though.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Amazing. This is one of the coolest updates to come out in a while and pretty much everything released recently has been awesome. My only complaint is that self-scanning isn't linear enough. The option to self-scan should in my opinion only show up after an hour in a world. It should progress in the fashion that by the time you find the Array you get the second message (warning of skin irritation) and the reveal should only happen in the Lost River Research Facility. Also there is a rather large crabsnake in the Creepvine Forest next to my lifepod XD!
  • LordConradLordConrad Florida, USA Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227764Members
    It seems there is no more inactive lava area, and my base which was at the transition from the inactive to active lava area is now entombed in solid rock. WTF!
  • vielviel Russia Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217973Members
    edited March 2017
    LordConrad wrote: »
    It seems there is no more inactive lava area, and my base which was at the transition from the inactive to active lava area is now entombed in solid rock. WTF!

The same situation. I saw from cyclops, that the base is still there. Moreover, i had a drone on the other side of textures and could see a silhouette of my base. So i think there are only 2 ways - teleportation or ordinary journey with unloaded textures/colliders. The debug screen is a true way in a journey through that endless corridor to ALZ untill cyclops sonar implementation and/or cyclops floodlight improvement (it's useless now, i think, except using cyclops like floodlight for establishing a new base. So... "Floodlight" is useless ^( ).
    viel wrote: »
    LordConrad wrote: »

The same situation. I saw from cyclops, that the base is still there. Moreover, i had a drone on the other side of textures and could see a silhouette of my base. So i think there are only 2 ways - teleportation or ordinary journey with unloaded textures/colliders. The debug screen is a true way in a journey through that endless corridor to ALZ untill cyclops sonar implementation and/or cyclops floodlight improvement (it's useless now, i think, except using cyclops like floodlight for establishing a new base. So... "Floodlight" is useless ^( ).
    I finally just tunneled to it. I spawned the terraformer. I tunneled from where the entrance to the inactive zone used to be, all the way to my upper (Seamoth) moonpool. Then I tunneled from the active zone to my lower (Prawn) moonpool. Then I cleared the rock from the base interior. They wanna bury my new base, fine, I'll just un-bury it. It took a bit of work but I have a fully functional base again, and those who buried it can bite me.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Actually, that's kinda-sorta cool.

An underwater volcano blew it's top around your base and you had to dig it out.

Thank goodness for the extra sturdy Alterra equipment and rugged effectiveness of it's designs.

B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Actually, that's kinda-sorta cool.

An underwater volcano blew it's top around your base and you had to dig it out.

Thank goodness for the extra sturdy Alterra equipment and rugged effectiveness of it's designs.

B)
    It is kinda cool. It's about the only way to get a NORAD style hidden base now, since auto-excavate while building was removed. Unless you're willing to spend hours digging out a huge underground cavern with a terraformer, which I'm not. At least I can still spawn the terraformer. I wish there was a console command to turn auto-excavation back on.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    From the Debug Console Commands Wiki page:
    dig [#]

• Removes all terain around the player in a sphere with a diameter of # meters (max value: 100).
    • This command puts a severe strain on the gameplay performance.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    From the Debug Console Commands Wiki page:
    dig [#]

• Removes all terain around the player in a sphere with a diameter of # meters (max value: 100).
    • This command puts a severe strain on the gameplay performance.

Thanks, but I prefer the digging to take place while I'm building. Saves time as the space doesn't need to be pre-dug, and you only dig out where the components are built.
  • SissiraSissira Quebec Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228683Members
    Do I need to restart my game in order to have these updates?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Sissira wrote: »

Not necessarily.

While it is better to start a new game to get the full effect of the update, you can continue to play an older file. The only downside is that you might be subject to some of the bugs that plagued the last update, but are fixed at the present update.

It's a risky thing, but you don't have to restart.
    Skope wrote: »

Not necessarily.

While it is better to start a new game to get the full effect of the update, you can continue to play an older file. The only downside is that you might be subject to some of the bugs that plagued the last update, but are fixed at the present update.

Acutally pretty pissed right now. I loaded my game and ended up beneath the lost river base. It's similar to when the Aurora bugged out. Now im stuck in between the building and can't play...but I can be attacked.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

Not necessarily.

Acutally pretty pissed right now. I loaded my game and ended up beneath the lost river base. It's similar to when the Aurora bugged out. Now im stuck in between the building and can't play...but I can be attacked.

You could go into the console and type "warpme"

That will teleport you to safety.

Not necessarily.

Does that mean ill lose my prawn suit?

Not necessarily.

Does that mean ill lose my prawn suit?

Your PRAWN suit will stay in the Lost River, but it is possible to get it back. Especially if you have a Cyclops.