28th

2»

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members

Guys and gals, a moment, please? Let's all be honest with ourselves here. Would we rather

A. The devs hit an arbitrary release time for an update even if it's unready, buggy, and generally horrific, or

B. The devs take whatever time they need to turn out something that's high quality, at least nominally stable, and up to Subnautica standards?

Personally, I'm going B on this one.

Or,

C. I want to have my cake and eat it! (I want the update out now WITH everything fixed!) :D
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Dear unknown worlds
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Myrm wrote: »

Guys and gals, a moment, please? Let's all be honest with ourselves here. Would we rather

A. The devs hit an arbitrary release time for an update even if it's unready, buggy, and generally horrific, or

B. The devs take whatever time they need to turn out something that's high quality, at least nominally stable, and up to Subnautica standards?

Or,

C. I want to have my cake and eat it! (I want the update out now WITH everything fixed!) :D
    If you want to have your cake and eat it, too, you have to bake a quantum cake.
    Fathom wrote: »
    If you want to have your cake and eat it, too, you have to bake a quantum cake.

Yes. I never actually understood the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it" I thought, well then what's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it. But then I realised, or at least think, that saying it back to front makes more sense: You can't eat your cake and still have it.
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    are this 205mbs the update? or just another experimental patch? :)

can't see any changes to the game :)
    It's probably experimental. Stable update is due tomorrow.
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Guys and gals, a moment, please? Let's all be honest with ourselves here. Would we rather:

Like everyone else, I'm both excited for the upcoming update and sad that it's been delayed yet again. Yes the game is in early access and yes undiscovered bugs can and will delay schedules. I'm not saying anyone is in the wrong and like everyone else, I'll be patiently waiting for the new update when it is ready.

However...

One thing I would like to request is that the devs keep in mind potential delays for the Trello Roadmap. While I know it's not set in stone, I would rather them to post dates for a later day of the month, instead of an earlier one that has to be delayed. That way, the team would have more time to work on unexpected issues and we wouldn't have to wait quite as long. As a bonus upside, should they be able to push out an update earlier than expected, they can use the extra time to work on extra stuff, or they could surprise us with an earlier update date! :)

Regardless, I'm still loving Subnautica and I wish the development team all the love and praise they deserve! :sunglasses:
    But the dates they put into Trello are for the dev's benefit, not ours. We are lucky that the devs let us look at their Trello development pages. I am sure that there are others game devs that don't allow their 'customers' such access.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited March 2017
    Ya, the Trello dates are just targets. You can't forsee the future, you can forsee your own plans, not the inevitable setbacks that result when you try to implement them. You can guess "oh, maybe 5 moderately difficult bugs will pop up cause last time there were 3 easy ones and it delayed us a day, so add 3 or 4 days to the target date just to be safe" and then you'll get 1 bug. One, monstrous Cthulhu bug, that you can't even reproduce, let alone find the cause of. Or, 20 bugs. You can't plan for these types of things besides giving it your best guess and being prepared to deal with whatever comes your way with the resources you have available.
    @0x6A7232

I can foresee the future. I have foreseen that by the end of March you would have told at least one person to clear their cache :D
    Obraxis says the update will be released at 06:00 Pacific Time (whatever the heck that Mickey Mouse timezone is :D ) Makes it 13:00 GMT (14:00 Sweden)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    15:00 in the Netherlands. Sweet!

• lolokiller83lolokiller83 Join Date: 2017-02-22 Member: 228152Members
    edited March 2017
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited March 2017
    It's now called The Infected Update!

Guess that means that aside from the LR Precursor interior, the Scanner Room 2.0 and maybe the new interface, the Cyclops 2.0 won't be there. But we'll see soon enough. So I hope we get a good timed infection story and gameplay.

Anyway, with Cyclops 2.0, prison interior and the rocket all well underway and pending, I'll play experimental, unless Cyclops 2.0 is inside the update.

EDIT:
    I hope the infected update doesn't live up to its name.

IT'S HERE!!!!!! Downloading now 855MB