Random ships getting shot down.

SlinkySlim666SlinkySlim666 Panama City, Florida Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228333Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hey guys I think you should add in occasional random ships doing sling shot maneuvers or trying to land on the planet so we get to see the gun operate and shoot them down some more. Would be a good way for permanent materials to keep getting introduced. I remember seeing a dev ask how they should go about implementing that... Heres the answer. A ship gets shot down and throws debris all over containing all need materials in forms of scrap components. You could take that a step farther, use that as a way for future DLC and missions instead of having them just appear in game. Would also add some more ambience and feel to the game. If the aurora and previous ships suffered this fate why wouldn't any other ? Also seems to me like a good base for multiplayer (I know there is no plans for it but it could work). Who else agrees with me, lets hear what everyone thinks of this idea.

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Do we really need anything more than the Sunbeam to show us how the gun works?
  • DeadPixel87DeadPixel87 UK Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220797Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »

I agree with slinkyslim on this, it would be cool to see the gun more and be able to get items exclusivly from crashed ships, this would make you want to wait for these events. If you do you to see the gun work more press LB + RB + A and open the console.

Type in Startsunbeamstoryevent

You can do this as many times as you want if you like the gun shooting.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I rather disagree with the idea because:
    Iirc you can read on the PDA's you can find, that this Planet is not in reach of a phasegate. The Aurora was supposed to build a Phasegate in the System to make "normal" travel possible. I remember reading something, that it took them 8 month to reach this system from the last phasegate they could jump through. That is why only a small cartographer ship like the Sunbeam was close enough by to receive the emergency call. It is very unlikely that the starsystem has any more traffic in quite a while. Maybe they will send a patrol craft or a search and rescue craft after a certain timeframe. But that may aswell be several month + the time they would need to get to the planet again. My guess would be that for over a year no other ship will show up in the system.
    The resource idea itself is not bad but it would have to be meteors or something else like debris from the Aurora that finaly got pulled from orbit by the planets gravity or something. If you want to stay in line with the story background.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Iirc you can read on the PDA's you can find, that this Planet is not in reach of a phasegate. The Aurora was supposed to build a Phasegate in the System to make "normal" travel possible. I remember reading something, that it took them 8 month to reach this system from the last phasegate they could jump through. That is why only a small cartographer ship like the Sunbeam was close enough by to receive the emergency call. It is very unlikely that the starsystem has any more traffic in quite a while. Maybe they will send a patrol craft or a search and rescue craft after a certain timeframe. But that may aswell be several month + the time they would need to get to the planet again. My guess would be that for over a year no other ship will show up in the system.
    The resource idea itself is not bad but it would have to be meteors or something else like debris from the Aurora that finaly got pulled from orbit by the planets gravity or something. If you want to stay in line with the story background.

Eh, correction:
    4546B was just being used to slingshot the Aurora to its goal, and it was also the last known location of the Degasi, so they were going to scan for the wreck / survivors while performing the gravity slingshot. 4546B was not the destination at all, just a gravity assist mass + a scan for clues about a 10 year old mystery.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Eh, correction:
    4546B was just being used to slingshot the Aurora to its goal, and it was also the last known location of the Degasi, so they were going to scan for the wreck / survivors while performing the gravity slingshot. 4546B was not the destination at all, just a gravity assist mass + a scan for clues about a 10 year old mystery.

Oops...thx for clearing that one up. I thought 4546B was their intended destination...did not read it up properly. ;)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Aside from lore purposes, I question the idea because it doesn't match the nonviolence mentality of SN. People are already antsy over not being able to save the Sunbeam and I agree that that vessel's demise is stretching how bleak the game may get (still acceptable, but stretching it).
  • SlinkySlim666SlinkySlim666 Panama City, Florida Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228333Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »

I agree with slinkyslim on this, it would be cool to see the gun more and be able to get items exclusivly from crashed ships, this would make you want to wait for these events. If you do you to see the gun work more press LB + RB + A and open the console.

Type in Startsunbeamstoryevent

You can do this as many times as you want if you like the gun shooting.
    Yes, Yes we do.