AI warning - Base Hull Integrity

Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
This is based on an idea by ScreamingEagle85 on Steam. There is already a visual warning when the base hull integrity dips below 0, but it's already too late when you get it and your base starts filling with water.

What we need is an auditory warning when the base is about to dip below a critical level.

Say, when the base hull integrity reaches 3.0, we should hear the AI say:

"Warning - Hull integrity reaching critical level. Reinforcement recommended."

And when it dips below 0:

"Emergency - Hull stress exceeding maximum tolerance. Breach in progress."

Or something along those lines. Other cues that could help (besides subduing the base lights) are

* flashing yellow or red annuciator lights like you see in the lifepod crash sequence,
* more auditory cues such as explosions every time a breach occurs (all we hear now is the hull bending under stress

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Completely agree with this.
  • randepreblerandepreble Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227694Members
    I also agree.
    There is already a visual status for power when you enter a base, i.e. 800\800, why not simply add an indicator for hull integrity.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    I love building deep and when I come back to my base it is flooded
  • RinsherRinsher UK London Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217487Members
    OK i figerd two you out and just two say stretcher integrity is all reedy ther for info E.G. in text it is up two you two Monet-er your stretcher integrity and if you are not chore on what you got left in terms of strength or reinforcements on the hall till you spring a leek then i add vies this steeps

1 check your values between builds and if it did not see it the last time plase ether 1 of 3 things reinforced wall, bloke head if you can do this then step 2 will be foe you

2 add fondness in ether under your corridors motley passer room or add two the existing fondness supereasey

i hop this helps and sorry for bad spelling i am sleety dyslexic
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    WTF did he just say?

On-topic: Had this happen once, now I am paranoid about structural integrity. I will actually build a multipurpose room and slap on several reinforcement plates to ward off integrity failures. My current base has an integrity of over 50 and it's fairly small. I should say, my previous base as the update seems to have broken my game, so I will have to start over.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @GlassDeviant you could try clearing your cache, just in case it manages to drag your save into the current update. See the first line of my signature below. ▼
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    I've cleared my cache several times, but now that the whole seamoth lag/crash thing is seemingly fixed I am cruising along pretty ok so far with the new update. It's weird seeing fish swimming/flying through my base, but hopefully a new game will not have that. There are other small issues, but nothing game-breaking.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2017
    Rinsher wrote: »
    OK i figerd two you out and just two say stretcher integrity is all reedy ther for info E.G. in text it is up two you two Monet-er your stretcher integrity and if you are not chore on what you got left in terms of strength or reinforcements on the hall till you spring a leek then i add vies this steeps

1 check your values between builds and if it did not see it the last time plase ether 1 of 3 things reinforced wall, bloke head if you can do this then step 2 will be foe you

2 add fondness in ether under your corridors motley passer room or add two the existing fondness supereasey

i hop this helps and sorry for bad spelling i am sleety dyslexic

WTF did he just say?

Summary:
    Structural integrity is already shown in text and it is up to the player to monitor this value as it appears. Check the value of hull strength between constructions; if it doesn't show or you're not sure, add 1 or 3 reinforcements, bulkheads and foundations.
    -end summary-

But the text alert only appears for a few seconds then it vanishes, and it's not very overt.

To Rinsher, not to belittle your dyslexia (sorry in advance for coming off as insulting) but... you strengthened my case; having an auditory notification or colored indicator would be useful for those with reading difficulties.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2017
    I also agree.
    There is already a visual status for power when you enter a base, i.e. 800\800, why not simply add an indicator for hull integrity.

Simple enough. The indicator can also change color like the Power and Depth gauges based on CRITICAL or NEGATIVE hull strength.