To what extent will development continue after 1.0?

InsømniacInsømniac Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228404Members
I know that the ghost leviathan, rock puncher, and an arctic biome will possibly be added post-1.0 but outside of bugfixes will the devs continue to add to the game? It'd be nice to have more creatures, plants, biomes, etc.

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Well, if Subnautica ends up anything like Natural Selection 2, they should be adding to it for years to come.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    UWE has a history of supporting/extending their games for quite a while after "1.0" release. At the very least, I expect that as long as new players keep coming in there will still be new development -- as they have portrayed at least a desire to keep going.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 - even for a tiny portion of the possible enhancements.

This is my favourite game.

There is also so much that could be added:
    - More content
    - Mod tools
    - Persistent survival mode (storms damaging structures near the surface, creatures attacking bases at depth, precursor droids and/or warpers harassing you if you use precursor tech, maybe even a carar zombie mode where you have to spread an antidote).
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    All the "Maybe after V1.0" stuff + LI & TB biomes & any terraformer repurposing is probs enough for another two years. I hope there'll be resources to implement all of it; I'd def pay for it.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    UWE has a history of supporting/extending their games for quite a while after "1.0" release. At the very least, I expect that as long as new players keep coming in there will still be new development -- as they have portrayed at least a desire to keep going.

It'd be nice to see the world expanded beyond 1.0. So much potential here with this game. They could further add to existing biomes, re-implement things that may have been cut during development (The Rock Puncher, the ILZ/LR alternate entrances, etc) and add completely new stuff. Maybe even extend the map borders, put a second Dunes on the opposite side of the Aurora?
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    This is sorta crazy but maybe they could add ways to actually befriend and ride almost all creatures? Of course not the Sea Dragon or Sea Emporer, but decent sized ones like stalkers or even reapers
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    This is sorta crazy but maybe they could add ways to actually befriend and ride almost all creatures? Of course not the Sea Dragon or Sea Emporer, but decent sized ones like stalkers or even reapers

I think that's sort of what the egg hatching does, though right now it seems they revert to default hostile AI after a while. They won't follow you around either, which is a shame. Would be nice to have a Stalker or Bone Shark that you could say "wait here for me" or "follow me" <3
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    They definitely intend to add more content to the game after full 1.0 hits. I'd be personally very happy to see the Twisty Bridges biome become a real thing. I wouldnt think they will implement more story elements as its supposed to be completed for v1.0 tho. As for the pricing of possible expansions, since the game is forseen to be priced @19.95$ at v1.0 im pretty sure add-ons/expansions will be much cheaper than 20 box per thankfully :wink:

If you follow THIS LINK you'll see at the MAYBE AFTER v1.0 column all those things they never had time/resources to finish for v1.0 that could potentially come to the game later on. It gives a fairly good idea of potential future features. What comes to attention immediately to me for example is the cyclops dock one, something the community has been asking for since forever to be a thing :smiley:

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    I would pay any amount of money for this game, dlc, items, anything! I am going to get absolutely everything I can for this game.
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    I would pay any amount of money for this game, dlc, items, anything! I am going to get absolutely everything I can for this game.

I am ashamed to admit, but I agree
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    kJG wrote: »

I am ashamed to admit, but I agree

Any amount?

Errr ... I've just written a DLC for Subnautica. Only costs 453,000 kr PayPal is an accepted form of payment please. :D
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    If the devs would release the soundtrack as a DLC on steam I'd buy it instantly.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members

Technically, one can already "hitch a ride" on just about all of the bigger creatures, just use the PRAWN Grappling Arm.
    B)
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    The Spiketrap is not within the 'maybe after v1.0'-column on Trello, does anyone know wether its pretty much dead now?
  • InsømniacInsømniac Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228404Members

Right now you can give stalkers fish and they'll fetch metal scraps for you but I wonder if they'll ever be fully tameable...
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Insømniac wrote: »

Right now you can give stalkers fish and they'll fetch metal scraps for you but I wonder if they'll ever be fully tameable...

This doesn't seem like a bad idea. Or at least like, set up a titanium drop point and train a stalker to bring you titanium, and it'll drop off the metal, and the base will release a live fish you've loaded into the storage tank.
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    Here's hoping for Terraria-level of game content changes! I imagine they'll add a significant amount of polished post-1.0 content.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    kJG wrote: »
    The Spiketrap is not within the 'maybe after v1.0'-column on Trello, does anyone know wether its pretty much dead now?

The column isn't the be all end all. Several things not in it still have a likelihood of being implemented, like the Lilypad Islands and another use for the terraformer. With as much work as has already been done on the spiketrap, I doubt it's off the table yet (any more than any other "not before V1.0 content").