Multiplayer?

Subnautica_KingSubnautica_King Norway Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228079Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I know many guys before me have thinked about it but that would be awesome.Sometimes when I am playing Subnautica I look around me and I see fish and sea and more fish and more sea, if we could play together it would be much more fun.
White is YES
Black is NO

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    I am sorry, but multiplayer isn't coming soon. So everyone, please! Check the forums before asking for multiplayer, everyone including the devs are tired of hearing the questions and suggestions for multiplayer. If you've been keeping up with the developer updates, they have said countless times: "we want to iron out the main game before we add multiplayer. If we try and focus on multiplayer now, the game will be delayed further, and updates will come slower than they already are. We will stress this, multiplayer is a post launch update, for now please be patient while we get the game to market for full retail." (I may have added and paraphrased, but the first bit is what I have heard @Obraxis say on occasion
  • Subnautica_KingSubnautica_King Norway Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228079Members
    Ok thanks for the information
  • Subnautica_KingSubnautica_King Norway Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228079Members
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited February 2017
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    White is YES is actually blue
    Black is NO is actually red

Your poll is colourblind :tongue:
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    i want the multiplayer but i want it with no Story on the game, just the structure in the story but with no PDA or information, because story mode is more scarier with yourself in the dark, not with you trolling-friend.... multiplayer, but no story.. that's it
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited February 2017
    Mutliplayer would be nice. But I would rather have the game come out quicker than waiting a couple more years while the devs recode the game from scratch to add mutliplayer or I would rather wait to see if the devs will do a squeal to subnautica with multiplayer. But as of now. Multiplayer shouldn't be added
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Devs have flat confirm MP is impossible because of technical limitations.
  • somerandomsurvivorsomerandomsurvivor Join Date: 2016-12-28 Member: 225606Members
    As everyone has said, multiplayer isn't happening. Devs have even said it. They had focused so much on the single player, that when people started bringing up the idea of coop, the game couldn't support it.

Instead of wasting time trying to shoehorn it in, the Devs accept the fact that multiplayer will NEVER be a thing, and they are 100% focusing on the single player experience. I, and many others are glad that they'd rather polish what they have over leaving it half baked to shoehorn in other stuff.

Unless they basically overhaul the inner workings of Subnautica, there is no chance the Devs will put in MP, as cool as it might be, there is no turning back. If people REAAAAAALLY want MP, I'd say try to mod it yourself... and then realize why it isn't happening.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Now to patiently wait for the next person to request multiplayer or guns and tell them no
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Now to patiently wait for the next person to request multiplayer or guns and tell them no

I guess you could say... Infinite ones???
  • LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
    Way to many scrubs asking for multiplayer
    In short it will never exist period no matter what
    No add on
    No dlc
    there probably won't ever even be a mod
    No post 1.0
    Its single player and that is the end of this story
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Way to many scrubs asking for multiplayer
    In short it will never exist period no matter what
    No add on
    No dlc
    there probably won't ever even be a mod
    No post 1.0
    Its single player and that is the end of this story

So...that's a maybe, right? ;)

Personally, I'm glad they decided to focus entirely on development rather than cramming in MP functionality.
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    edited February 2017
    Mutliplayer would be nice. But I would rather have the game come out quicker than waiting a couple more years while the devs recode the game from scratch to add mutliplayer or I would rather wait to see if the devs will do a squeal to subnautica with multiplayer. But as of now. Multiplayer shouldn't be added

i guess thats right.... man... this game is been through a LOT since i first played it.... so.... i dont mind not having multiplayer... the struggle of this game to keep up is real
  • CrashLandon123CrashLandon123 Texas, United States Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228259Members
    I would really like to see multiplayer added, but I know it's not going to happen anytime soon, and I understand why.
    Okay. can we have the thread close now please?
    edited February 2017
    Okay. can we have the thread close now please?

You know, maybe it's an idea to have a multiplayer thread on the first page. So that people can see their dreams shattered by the content of "exhibit A" here :D
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    You know, maybe it's an idea to have a multiplayer thread on the first page. So that people can see their dreams shattered by the content of "exhibit A" here :D

Your optimism always makes me feel better, @Kouji_San. :)

Realistically, the most likely outcome will be "But that's an old thread -- maybe they've changed their minds!" But I'm all for a pinned post. I'll even draft it if you want! (Open offer)
    edited February 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Your optimism always makes me feel better, @Kouji_San. :)

Realistically, the most likely outcome will be "But that's an old thread -- maybe they've changed their minds!" But I'm all for a pinned post. I'll even draft it if you want! (Open offer)

Go check with @Foxy first or something, he has the power man

This discussion has been closed.