Lost river balls (SOLVED, BUT DISCUSSION GETS WEIRD) you have been warned

robotflyrobotfly Virginia Join Date: 2015-07-16 Member: 206185Members
So i found these while screwing around in the lost river. cant find anything referencing them but they strike me as odd cause
1. they arn't part of the terrain because the textures don't line up
2. the give me crash fish vibes
3. there everywhere but only under the brine placed seemingly at random

NOTE: I am in experimental

any ideas as to what they are?

lbxuire9ixpr.png

Ignore the border steam overlay wasn't working so i had to screen-cap

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Do you play in experimental?
  • robotflyrobotfly Virginia Join Date: 2015-07-16 Member: 206185Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Do you play in experimental?

Just added that but yes i am
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    These corals were supposed to have gone on the Reefbacks at one point, but it looks like they've been repurposed for the Lost River biome. Another coral that was also supposed to go on Reefbacks is now found in caves in the ceiling of the Bone Fields. Out of the three corals, one still remains unused at this time.
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    These corals were supposed to have gone on the Reefbacks at one point, but it looks like they've been repurposed for the Lost River biome. Another coral that was also supposed to go on Reefbacks is now found in caves in the ceiling of the Bone Fields. Out of the three corals, one still remains unused at this time.

well thats a little depressing, i appreciate the pictures. was kinda hoping they where like eggs or something but at least i have an answer
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    edited February 2017
    They do look somewhat out of place, though... I hope they're changed a little to fit more with the Lost River, since they were designed to go on a Reefback, which is a very different environment and has a very unique style.
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    Why werent they used for the reefbacks though?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    They are Alien Environmental Herpes...

And you don't want to know how to catch it !!

B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »

B)

Sexual intercourse?
    edited February 2017
    kJG wrote: »

B)

Sexual intercourse?

You ever been humped by an Alien Underwater Environment?

It ain't pretty...

IT offers to take ya out for dinner, then makes ya swim around searching for yer own meal...
    (all the while being chased by ITS less friendly buddies)

Afterward, IT always wants you to go back to ITS place, which is usually overtly large (a compensation thing) and never really as clean as one would prefer...

Then IT entices you to some strange backwater part of ITS basement, where you get the Slam-Bam-Thank-Ya-Ma'me rule of every evening...
    (while the neighborhood cronies look on)

And when it is all over, IT just leaves ya floating in ITS watery goo and goes off to play with another poor unfortunate soul.

:/
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

B)

Sexual intercourse?

It ain't pretty...

IT offers to take ya out for dinner, then makes ya swim around searching for yer own meal...

Afterward, IT always wants you to go back to ITSs place, which is usually overtly large (a compensation thing) and never really as clean as one would prefer...

Then IT entices you to some strange backwater part of ITS basement, where you get the Slam-Bam-Thank-Ya-Ma'me rule of every evening...

And when it is all over, IT just leaves ya floating in ITS watery goo and goes off to play with another poor unfortunate soul.

This...

...this conversation just took a really weird turn...
    edited February 2017

B)

Sexual intercourse?

It ain't pretty...

Afterward, IT always wants you to go back to ITSs place, which is usually overtly large (a compensation thing) and never really as clean as one would prefer...

This...

The title of this thread was the first blow.

I simply pointed out the errant nature of the topic.

B)

B)

Sexual intercourse?

It ain't pretty...

This...

Did it turn into sexual intercourse?

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Well, everybody has been wondering what killed the giant skeleton in the Lost River, and no official answers have been forthcoming...

This admittedly weird hypothesis and that skeleton taken together can only mean one thing.
    Half-Life 3 confirmed! ;)

B)

Sexual intercourse?

It ain't pretty...

This...

The title of this thread was the first blow.

I simply pointed out the errant nature of the topic.

B)

I honestly wasnt expecting my title to do this, but i dont know if this is a good thing or not
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    robotfly wrote: »
    I honestly wasnt expecting my title to do this, but i dont know if this is a good thing or not

Well, buddy, if nothing else, you got people talking. :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    UWE has a lot of holes and balls in their games, just count the amount of em in NS2 and Subnautica combined mon
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited February 2017
    This thread got really off topic.
    This thread got really off topic.

...there was a topic?
    edited February 2017
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    UWE has a lot of holes and balls in their games, just count the amount of em in NS2 and Subnautica combined mon
    And spires. There is a staggering amount of stone spires, with more to come in the Crag Zone.
    Fathom wrote: »
    And spires. There is a staggering amount of stone spires, with more to come in the Crag Zone.

Coming soon: sishke-seamoth!

Seamoth User's Manual...warranty section...stone spire jammed through sub...see "items not covered by warranty." Ah, damn.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    God Damn first Carar is space aids and now we have River holes and balls.

I cant even

I cant even

We are a classy bunch, ain't we? ;)

I cant even

very classy, I hope this post is shown to new comers to the forums so they know what to expect

I cant even

Hey now, we're not the ones putting alien buttholes, balls, tentacles, water balls and pillars in these games now are we :D
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited February 2017
    Keep genital talk to the rule 34 page please

Edit: I instantly regretted puting the link so I remove the directory, I don't know about it on pc but I I got a blank screen on my iPad, so hopefully I won't get banned

edited March 2017
    Please keep the genital talk to the rule34

Probbally just gonna close this....if i knew how
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    I don't want to go through the sixth grade again, please stop talking about herpes
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

I cant even

Hey now, we're not the ones putting alien buttholes, balls, tentacles, water balls and pillars in these games now are we :D

dis!

Its pretty hard to remain classy when you mind your own business and all of a sudden BAMMMM! you come across this:

fqukno29jx2t.jpg