Subnautica: The Story/Lore So Far!

2»

Comments

• IcremunIcremun Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222276Members
    edited September 2016
    [/quote]Mutations that exist in newly formed organisms is indeed how evolution works. However, in established organisms the result is always cancer and it is fatal, despite what a hundred years of comic books have said.

Adult organisms cannot undergo mutation and live for very long. Only newly conceived embryos can survive genetic tampering.

Addendum: CRISPR does allow for some tampering with genetic code in adults, but not in a way that allows for self-replication. Therefore it bypasses the cancer-clause. Of course this also means that you're having to edit every single cell individually, which is kind of a lost cause. So again you're back to embryonic design or bust.
    [/quote]

Unless you use a decease that dose just that, alters the genetic code of every cell indavidually........
    Oh yea we all ready have that.

But that still kills you, maybe not by cancer but deth is still death.

Any way we know that the bases are to reasherch a cure for the decease and that the sea emperor is the key because she is immune. The prison is for her safety, she is suepposedleythey last one alive, her life span has already been artificially increased over a thousand years.

Also that the decease did not orignate on the planet and there was a containment breach and it got out killing the precursor but not before they put the planet under quarantine aka the gun.

This probably all hapend a long time ago and the planet has had time to adapt.

It is implied that the warpers are genetically engineered but are just gard dogs most likely whom Bart torgal is referring to taking into account that he is probably a bit psychology unstable which the game dose talk about.

In the end you will have to cure yourself with the 'sea emperor enzymes' before you can access the guns controls and tell it to let you fly away in the ship that you will need to build.
  • youlittlecassholeyoulittlecasshole Join Date: 2016-12-08 Member: 224720Members
    If you explore the Aurora, you can find NS 2 posters in some of the bedrooms.
  • GamerNebsGamerNebs Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225154Members
    I've just got a bit of a theory about the Lost River.

Since both of the massive skulls were discovered there and the tree was there too,could that possibly mean that the creatures that the skulls belonged to were being drawn to or guarding it?
  • pugs4me28pugs4me28 Maricopa AZ Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225327Members
    The disease mentioned is called the carar. So far its killed 143 billion creatures on planet 4546B. Certain creatures can be seen with green cysts in the current game and even the character model has some on his hands. these cysts are the carar. The carar is the reason the precursors have the sea emperor locked up. oh btw the sea emperor is actually the sea empress. yea, its a girl. anyways, the sea empresses DNA has a special code in it that causes the sea empress to produce a special enzyme. this enzyme cures the carar. So based off this knowledge i believe ive figured out the whole story. After a certain amount of time on 4546B you'll get a rescue message from a ship called the sunbeam, and itll come to rescue you. BUT WAIT NO IT DOESN'T CUZ THE G.U.N. SHOOTS IT DOWN. anyways, it gets kablooied down and one of two things happen. A, you already know about the G.U.N. and you go to it after it shoots the sunbeam down or b, you see it shoot it down, go "WTF WAS THAT!?!?!?" and go check it out. after a while of exploring the structure, you'll find the control room. in that room you'll hit a switch to disable the G.U.N. but you cant cuz you're infected with the carar. so explore some more and you'll find ion crystals. these power the transporters. if you power these transporters up one will bring you to a precursor base in the inactive lava zone. this is where you find out about the carar and the empress and the enzyme stuff. its also where the sea dragon leviathan lives. you'll find another portal here that'll take you even deeper to the sea empress prison where the precursors are keeping her so they can get those sweet sweet enzymes. when down here youll get cured, go back up to the surface and disable the G.U.N. btw you're computer lady will tell you that the ion crystals contain the power of a nuclear explosion when you first get one. these will be used to power a rocket ship you'll eventually build. after doing all this and building the ship, you can take off and then you've beaten the game :smile: oh also the warpers were made by the precursors to guard the bases. the one thing i havent figured out is what the purpose of the other 2 leviathans is. im pretty sure theres only one sea empress and im pretty sure theres only one sea dragon but i know theres more then one sea reaper. so are the reapers natural and were the dragon and empress made by the precurosrs? no matter the answer, the three leviathans are cool af :smile:
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    pugs4me28 wrote: »
    The disease mentioned is called the carar. So far its killed 143 billion creatures on planet 4546B. Certain creatures can be seen with green cysts in the current game and even the character model has some on his hands. these cysts are the carar. The carar is the reason the precursors have the sea emperor locked up. oh btw the sea emperor is actually the sea empress. yea, its a girl. anyways, the sea empresses DNA has a special code in it that causes the sea empress to produce a special enzyme. this enzyme cures the carar. So based off this knowledge i believe ive figured out the whole story. After a certain amount of time on 4546B you'll get a rescue message from a ship called the sunbeam, and itll come to rescue you. BUT WAIT NO IT DOESN'T CUZ THE G.U.N. SHOOTS IT DOWN. anyways, it gets kablooied down and one of two things happen. A, you already know about the G.U.N. and you go to it after it shoots the sunbeam down or b, you see it shoot it down, go "WTF WAS THAT!?!?!?" and go check it out. after a while of exploring the structure, you'll find the control room. in that room you'll hit a switch to disable the G.U.N. but you cant cuz you're infected with the carar. so explore some more and you'll find ion crystals. these power the transporters. if you power these transporters up one will bring you to a precursor base in the inactive lava zone. this is where you find out about the carar and the empress and the enzyme stuff. its also where the sea dragon leviathan lives. you'll find another portal here that'll take you even deeper to the sea empress prison where the precursors are keeping her so they can get those sweet sweet enzymes. when down here youll get cured, go back up to the surface and disable the G.U.N. btw you're computer lady will tell you that the ion crystals contain the power of a nuclear explosion when you first get one. these will be used to power a rocket ship you'll eventually build. after doing all this and building the ship, you can take off and then you've beaten the game :smile: oh also the warpers were made by the precursors to guard the bases. the one thing i havent figured out is what the purpose of the other 2 leviathans is. im pretty sure theres only one sea empress and im pretty sure theres only one sea dragon but i know theres more then one sea reaper. so are the reapers natural and were the dragon and empress made by the precurosrs? no matter the answer, the three leviathans are cool af :smile:

574.jpg
  • B52TATTOOB52TATTOO Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 227024Members
    I believe that from what I've gathered, the Aurora was in the middle of an orbital slingshot, but failed and entered the atmosphere. i disagree that the ship was shot down, as there are no obvious signs of projectile damage on the ship during the loading screen of the game. I can't remember quite when i found out that the ship was in an orbital slingshot, but i think it was from a trailer on steam. Bye!
  • B52TATTOOB52TATTOO Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 227024Members
    B52TATTOO wrote: »
    I believe that from what I've gathered, the Aurora was in the middle of an orbital slingshot, but failed and entered the atmosphere. i disagree that the ship was shot down, as there are no obvious signs of projectile damage on the ship during the loading screen of the game. I can't remember quite when i found out that the ship was in an orbital slingshot, but i think it was from a trailer on steam. Bye!

ive had secound thoughts, the ship may of been shot down from the alien building on the island. So, i think the ship was in an orbital slingshot when it was hit by the gun. the ammo may have been a bullet of somesort, but i think it could be a EMP or something similar. Although an EMP would disable the electronics on the esscape pod, so it may be a laser that was fired. Bye!
  • ShadowAdversy1ShadowAdversy1 NS, Canada Join Date: 2017-02-24 Member: 228206Members
    Honestly this is a good explanation as to what has happened between the 5 years it has been since the Crash of the Degasi. If only we could meet Baat Torgal in person and ask him what he thinks this "disease" truly is. Hopefully we will see the Sea Emperor and maybe, just maybe, be able to become "like friends" with her. But hey, that is just a theory.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    pugs4me28 wrote: »

Dude, use a spoiler. The
    carar
    is kind of a hidden thing ingame, players have to find it for themselves.
  • DE1250DE1250 USA Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228698Members
    I can add my theory based by 7th March 2017.
    By seeing the collapsed base, I could say that we don't yet know what creature had collapsed the base, but it has to be bigger than the Sea Dragon. Maybe the sea dragon is the unaccounted creature. The reason could either be aggression displayed by infection, or that the Precursors had something it wanted.
    I also suspect that there are other forces involved than the Precursors in the game. I also doubt that the they could have experimented on the crew from the Degasi, as they were facing mass extinction from the infection around a thousand years ago. Also, it would be rather stupid for them to do so, while the entire planet is dying.
    I don't know, but the emperor could have done the "experimentation", as it was probably trying to find a way to make a cure. If there is a emperor prison, then we might even find a live Precursor. Who knows. Maybe the emperor is dead, but the cure is there. Having played this game till now, it is pretty doubtable that they will just give you the cure like 'here bro, take it'.... They wil most likely just give a list of what all is needed for the cure, which will be REALLY tough to find. maybe in the prison, you get blueprints for a spaceship powered by ion crystals.
    Hope this helps :smiley:
  • Cobey_PlasmaCobey_Plasma Join Date: 2018-09-30 Member: 243876Members
    I’ll give you guys some lore.
    So, the Degasi, Aurora and Sunbeam were shot down by the Q.E.P. (Quarantine Enforcement Platform)with one of its beams. These beams could bend so they were really accurate and could hit any ship anywhere on the planet. This was to keep Kharaa Bacterium on the planet and not spread across the galaxy. The Precursors imprisoned the Sea Emperor/Empress to try and make her produce some enzymes. These enzymes could cure Kharaa Bacterium and save both the planet and the Precursor race. The crew of the Degasi set up four main bases; one on land and the other three underwater. Paal Torgal and Marguerit Maida died when a Reaper Leviathan attacked their base in the Deep Grand Reef. Meanwhile, Baat Torgal retreats back to their base in the Jellyshroom Caves where he does his last PDA entry before succumbing to Kharaa Bacterium. The Aurora’s survivors gathered under Second Officer Keen who was presumably commanding from the bridge but the all the survivors on the Aurora died when the Aurora’s drive core quantum detonated killing everyone on the ship with a fiery explosion. As the player explored the map, they will also find multiple broken/abandoned life pods. Basically, the player is the only survivor of the Aurora and has to get off the planet.
    Also I summarised the information I got.