A CYCLOPS?!?!?!

Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Down In the Deep Grand Reef where the Last Abandoned Base is located, there should be a sunk and broken Cyclops laying on the ground, Because in a PDA entry it said Marguiet hauled a leviathan on the back of a sub, WHERE IS THE SUB?

Is it a good idea?, anyone else agree?

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Gunbone_CL wrote: »
    Its a good idea, agree with me.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

(jk but seriously, telling someone to agree with you is probably not a great way to sell your idea. It's better to phrase it as a question such as "Who else thinks so?" or "Who agrees with me?")
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    Ok, ill edit it, thx
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I think it is a good idea to flesh out the backstory with items like this but I guess it would take a rather low priority.
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    they could actually put it below the floating island that has thier base on it along the sea treaders path cause on that island is a pda not in 1 of the bases but on the ground saying bart survived and got back to the island. the pda itittled bart #3 and it says we never should have left the island they dont trust us i knew it and they didnt i saw it and they couldnt now they are trapped down there and im up here alone i deserve this." so put the wreck below the island maybe with a final pda from bart in it, and put a final pda for paul neer the entrence to the lost river that wass neer thier last base next to his rebreather, and 1 final pda for marguiet neer the last base next to a scannable powerglide. once the powerglides down being developed. sence for paul that was the last item he grabbed from the base and you can just change the seaglide in the pda at the last base to it saying she had a powerglide in her hand.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I'd like that. It's a nice alternative/extra to bases.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    they could actually put it below the floating island that has thier base on it along the sea treaders path cause on that island is a pda not in 1 of the bases but on the ground saying bart survived and got back to the island. the pda itittled bart #3 and it says we never should have left the island they dont trust us i knew it and they didnt i saw it and they couldnt now they are trapped down there and im up here alone i deserve this." so put the wreck below the island maybe with a final pda from bart in it, and put a final pda for paul neer the entrence to the lost river that wass neer thier last base next to his rebreather, and 1 final pda for marguiet neer the last base next to a scannable powerglide. once the powerglides down being developed. sence for paul that was the last item he grabbed from the base and you can just change the seaglide in the pda at the last base to it saying she had a powerglide in her hand.

What if Sea Tredders walked through the wreckage like a tunnel?
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    might be a good idea but the sea tredders r to big but if the wreck was propped up on some rocks on thier path it could almost be like a small tunnel made from the wreck for them to go threw.
  • MegaMagnus8MegaMagnus8 Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228230Members
  • CrashLandon123CrashLandon123 Texas, United States Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228259Members
    That's an awesome idea!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

I love the idea of the exploring downed subs.

I originally thought that was how UW was going to add the subs from the concept art that weren't added.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Don't forget the texture limit, though, folks. A wreck Cyclops would be a resource-intensive object, and if it's only going to be used once, a potentially wasteful one.

However, since the PDA logs clearly do mention a sub, and there's no way a Seamoth is going to move a Reaper around, it has to be a large sub. (Although, since the Degasi belonged to a Mongolian company rather than Alterra, would it be a Cyclops? Shouldn't it be something different?) So, instead of a sub wreck, even some fragments would be consistent with the narrative and add evidenciary support to the logs.

Then again, it's reasonable that when the seabase was wrecked, the sub was used by one of the Degasi survivors to escape the area before it was subsequently destroyed.
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    i realize this is about the subs from the first guys but what about the precursors so far all the precursor bases also have a large moonpool

1u1ccaa8tbxx.jpg

yer their no precursor wrecks or remnants of their vessals
  • CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    edited March 2017
    If you look on the wiki page for the Cyclops, you can see that there's actually a Cyclops wreck that's planned to be implemented for when your Cyclops takes just a bit too much of a beating. Maybe they could use the same model?
    latest?cb=20170303161010

EDIT: Ah crap, Darwin beat me to it. Damn you, natural selection! (the theory, not the other UW game)