ns2_deburred

LyDDaLyDDa Join Date: 2014-05-21 Member: 196162Members
edited February 2017 in Mapping
Hey guys, I guess the title say everything. I like to introduce my map:

ns2_deburred

Go to the Workshop for more detailed info:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861783178

I like to hear your opinion and thx for playing!

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2017
    De-burred? So... there's none of these things in it?
    common_burdock_seed-300x293.jpg

Looks cool!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Looks great. Be interested to see the results of some games on it.
  • LyDDaLyDDa Join Date: 2014-05-21 Member: 196162Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    De-burred? So... there's none of these things in it?
    common_burdock_seed-300x293.jpg

Looks cool!

I don't get it. Is this flower called like that?
    Occlusion geometrics is up. Performance will be much better now.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2017
    Some missing faces in Storage:
    qn31hHG.jpg

Some funkiness with the occlusion geometry:
    STBkgjf.jpg

I've added this map to the SCC server's rotation. If you could fix the missing face(s) in Storage before we test today (~5 hours from now), that'd be awesome!
    Oh seems I took the wrong group, I will fix it asap. give me 15 minutes
    Storage is fixed.

And what is the issue in Scholar? FPS-Drops on that position?
    We also had an issue where the game wouldn't be playable... even though the game started. The game timer wasn't counting up, and players could not damage each other... as though it were stuck in pregame mode. I need to investigate the issue a bit more...
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited March 2017
    The map layout and the general dimensions look pretty good on this map. It seems like you've already put a lot of thought into that.
    I haven't played a match on it, yet, so I can't say much more.

You should put a bit more love into your opening post and add some screenshots to it. The layout and a top down view onto the map at least. The map also actually looks better than the steam workshop screenshots give it credit for.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Bicsum wrote: »
    The map layout and the general dimensions look pretty good on this map. It seems like you've already put a lot of thought into that.
    I haven't played a match on it, yet, so I can't say much more.

You should put a bit more love into your opening post and add some screenshots to it. The layout and a top down view onto the map at least. The map also actually looks better than the steam workshop screenshots give it credit for.

Agreed. General consensus was that this map looks very promising.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited March 2017
    Keep up the good work, this is map has very good potential in both aesthetics and gameplay ;] I'm keen on playing a proper match on it!
    edited April 2017
    Found some occlusion geometry issues:
    0lJWf5f.jpg
    80U2YcQ.jpg

Played two rounds on it today. Here are my POVs for both of them.
    Round 1:

Round 2:
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I found it hard to navigate through some of the rooms because, while they look very distinct and it'll probably be easy to identify rooms once I'm used to yellow = location A etc, the corners of some of the rooms looks very similar and I got disoriented pretty quick.

Here and there exits seem pretty hidden. I advise sticking a clear light on exits if your eye isn't naturally carried towards them.

The marine natural west from marine start has a lot of ceiling pipes that make it pretty alien-favoured.

While the very distinct room colour schemes will probably help telling locations apart, I'm not a fan of them from an aesthetic point of view. It makes the level feel more like a kind of arena than an actual real world location. Is that what you're going for?