Missing blueprint bug

akarawxakarawx Join Date: 2017-02-21 Member: 228117Members
The bug I'm having is the cyclops engine doesn't exist in my game I've spent two weeks on the Jan stable build across 3 save files looking for it and can't find it anywhere so I tried to spawn it but can't the commands don't work for the engine fragment but do for everything else, I can't seem to figure this out I've uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times and verified steam cache deleted save cache even dug around in the files to see what I could find and nothing seems to help it seems the engine fragment doesn't even exist for me? Any ideas? I've already looked at almost the entire map besides the lost river and its just not here not even spawnable

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    You may be experiencing a bug. We're working on improving fragment spawning and this issue should be fixed in the near--term (but maybe not the next update). It's a very complicated system.
  • akarawxakarawx Join Date: 2017-02-21 Member: 228117Members
    Thank you for a quick response, I'm just wondering where to go now that I can't spawn the fragment even? Is there anything I can do besides opt in for the beta program and get daily updates to see if that fixes it?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    With the January Castle's & Coffee update, I found the Cyclops' Engine Frag's. along the Mountain Island sides and at its very bottom.

Not sure if that will help, but I didn't see them any place else either.
    B)
    Okay I'll take a look after work :smiley:
  • TheMerricatTheMerricat St. Louis, MO Join Date: 2017-02-02 Member: 227541Members
    edited February 2017
    worse comes to worse, given you are already willing to use the console, you could unlock the cyclops blueprint directly instead of trying to unlock the engine. It's not as if you can actually build any of the sub-components of the cyclops, they are just there as extra steps to go through before unlocking the sub itself.

edit: I just noticed that you said you tried to spawn the engine, instead of unlocking it's blueprint. There is no 'engine' item, so you can't spawn one.

If you can't find any fragments after your next hunt, try using the "Unlock" command instead of the "Item" command. Unlock works on blueprints in a similar manner as item works for actual items, it just 'gives' you the blueprint in question.
    Ohhhhh I went by the wiki and tried spawning the fragments it said I could via item cyclopsenginefragment xD