(NS2 STATS) First hive choice preferences - Discuss

2»

Comments

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Keats wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    Ranged attacks like bilebomb or lerk spikes are unaffected by crush.
    This is not true or was there an update that changed that?

This is certainly not true now. I remember it being false in the past as well. There may or may not have been certain times when it was true.
    Crush affects spikes and bilebomb.

That is what I am saying lol.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wait wait wait. I thought one of the big reasons crush was introduced was to make Lerks more effective at spiking away armor?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited February 2017
    Wait wait wait. I thought one of the big reasons crush was introduced was to make Lerks more effective at spiking away armor?

Clearly the most important part is that it makes skulks much more annoying when biting rts.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Crush effectively makes aliens do 7% extra damage per shell at targets that are affected by structural damage or are an exo. Not all structures are affected by structural damage. Ranged attacks like bilebomb or lerk spikes are unaffected by crush. Crush is primarily used in killing RT's, exo's, and arcs.
    Before I posted the above, I confirmed it with @GhoulofGSG9. Maybe he misread that sentence.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2017
    Crush effectively makes aliens do 7% extra damage per shell at targets that are affected by structural damage or are an exo. Not all structures are affected by structural damage. Ranged attacks like bilebomb or lerk spikes are unaffected by crush. Crush is primarily used in killing RT's, exo's, and arcs.
    Before I posted the above, I confirmed it with @GhoulofGSG9. Maybe he misread that sentence.

Yeah somehow I didn't see the sentence about bile bomb and spikes. Crush affects all attacks at the moment. It just behaves different between targets that can receive structural damage (mostly structures and Exos) and those which can not (player units etc. ). It is a good upgrade for rt biting, lerks who want to primary chip away armor with spikes and of course gorges.