XBox One status update (Dec. 19th)

Comments

• fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    yeah i tried the code on xbox one when jack put it out and it didnt work...
    where did you write the code ?
    in the reedeem code bar
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    Can't wait till it comes out, i bought the Steam and Xbox version (my PC can't even play it) to help out anyway i can. Thanks for an amazing game!
  • DeclinedCobra35DeclinedCobra35 israel Join Date: 2017-01-23 Member: 227151Members
    hey i just want to say i love subnautica and like every game preview there is bugs and problems this should not shock you or make you angry yes you paid money for this product i get that i really do but if you take the time to read the disclaimer it clearly states that this game is (A WORK IN PROGRESS) this our preview. Thank you DEVS for your patience with us and thank you for allowing us the privilege of playing your game keep up the good work and i can not wait for the new Updates.

you are right i don't know why people are going crazy . You bought a game preview,dont get mad that it have bugs and glitches :neutral:
  • DeclinedCobra35DeclinedCobra35 israel Join Date: 2017-01-23 Member: 227151Members
    Devs, Make Subnautica great again !!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're getting closer with the Xbox release & passing it to MS Cert very soon. It will be a combo-update of both 'Precursor' & 'Castles & Coffee' updates to help catch up Xbox.
  • bubzee701bubzee701 UK Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228064Members
    edited February 2017
    Great game guys, best game I've ever seen, keep up the good work and dont rush it, it will be a better game if you put thought into it like you did at the start of it all. Dont force it, relax,
    ignore noobs and thanks for all the hard work,

I'm looking forward to the new fish stuff but one thing that I would like is if some resources
    like gold and silver respawnd withinin certain locations atleast daily or weekly ect, I Donno how much there is but i like how theres not too much nor too little, keep the thrill of finding and working for stuff in the game, it makes treasure feel like treasure when the challenge element is applied to your loot. Make it epic
  • YolDovahYolDovah Boreville Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227924Members
    I hope Xbox gets console commands or at least some way of getting coordinates and the controls for painting an moving the cursor need to change to.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're getting closer with the Xbox release & passing it to MS Cert very soon. It will be a combo-update of both 'Precursor' & 'Castles & Coffee' updates to help catch up Xbox.

I just took a peek at both of those updates, they look amazing, the new precursor bases look exciting to explore. Also the ability to use your PDA while in control of a vehicle and the control of your ping signals are 2 additions I've been waiting for. Maybe the 2nd will help with the ping signal bug (where they bounce like crazy after using a bulkhead or the cameras on the Scanner Room and Cyclops) ? If not then I'll at least be able to turn them off until I need one. P.S. Saving the game then exiting via pressing the home button, pressing start and then selecting exit will stop the signals from bouncing. Anyways extremely excited for these updates, you guys are doing an excellent job with this game, keep up the good work!
  • RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members
    YolDovah wrote: »
    I hope Xbox gets console commands or at least some way of getting coordinates and the controls for painting an moving the cursor need to change to.

Xbox has commands, just press RB LB A at the time and then it will let you type any command you want.
    edited February 2017
    Ronslo wrote: »
    YolDovah wrote: »

Xbox has commands, just press RB LB A at the time and then it will let you type any command you want.

Thank you for the info.
    I guess for now i get my prawny little but to the lost river an get what resources i need before anything can kill me.

That said i wish this game had a brightness setting. Actually that's just one of a plethora of things i can think off that could be implemented or fixed.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    So Stoked, can't wait!!!!! :D
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    The next Xbox patch has passed Cert & Internal testing. We've scheduled the update for 6AM PST, 9AM EST, 14:00 GMT Friday. :smile:
  • SirbatchuSirbatchu United Kingdom, Bristol Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222136Members
    Wohoooo first post.

That's epic news thanks so much guys for all your hard work.

So with this update im assuming the lava tunnels near the bow of the aurora will get lit up so to speak.

Cause i need to get my cyclops into the lost river asap i gotta rescue my prawn from the bloody warper an lava larvae.

My prawn is at a depth of 1100m my seamoth can only go to 900 so i can only get so close to it and when i use the sea glide the warper just picks me off.

I've never known a predator that wants me so bad.
    I'm sitting in my Cyclops looking out the window, waiting for the world to change. Now I'm never gonna get sleep tonight, way to excited!!!! :D
    The "Infected Update" passed MS Cert for Xbox & will go out on the Xbox today at 6:00 AM PST.
  • SangheiliLeviathanSangheiliLeviathan Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228682Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The "Infected Update" passed MS Cert for Xbox & will go out on the Xbox today at 6:00 AM PST.

that's awesome. any chance a fix for the save corruption bug is included or is that a stand alone patch? people over use the term "game breaking" but i believe the term applies justly here. regardless, good news.
  • RousinglokiRousingloki Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228945Members
    While this might seem like a stupid thing to say, I'm gonna go for it anyways. Has the option for a later Xbox One full release date past the PC version been considered, or already actually happening? I know you guys are trying to keep the major updates consistent between the two, but it seems more important at the moment to make the Xbox One version... I don't know, playable? Don't get me wrong, the game is brilliant (bought it on both my PC and Xbox to give them a chance) but the Xbox version just... suffers and falls so far behind the PC version, it's just pathetic. Now I can understand customer unhappiness if you just let one port go further ahead but... look at games like Minecraft, it took a long time for there to even be an xbox version, and it was underdeveloped even when it came out, or look at Starbound, that's been going on for God knows how long.

I'm not trying to be rude in any way, I think you guys are amazing, the game, visually is beautiful, I love the polished look, the design is gorgeous, but the game just... it runs so poorly I have to shelve it for the time being, from the frame rate, to the rendering, it's nearly unplayable, and I have the Xbox One S, so I can't imagine what some other people are going through. Just... something to consider I guess.
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    Do we have an ETA of when subnautica will be fully released to XB1?
    I've read in some of the other forums that those who got the game preview version on XB1 would still receive patches and updates to include the fully released version. Can the developers confirm this?
  • reinkingreinking United States Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237985Members
    Where can we get the latest info on XB1 progress? This thread seems to have older info
  • GrooveSimulantGrooveSimulant Ohio, USA Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238948Members
    edited March 2018
    reinking wrote: »
    Where can we get the latest info on XB1 progress? This thread seems to have older info

^Same. Framerate & rendering issues are severe and make certain aspects (exploring land and structures) nearly unplayable. But despite that, I have high hopes for Subnautica. :)

*EDIT: going by what Obraxis stated earlier,
    -- "This is why we've scheduled 3 months of performance work once the game is 'content complete', so programmers can concentrate on getting Xbox and low-end PCs brought up to acceptable levels of performance."

.. the devs are busy optimizing the XB1 version through April, May .. ish? I'm excited to see how well Subnautica performs after the next update drops. ;) (Whenever that is)
  • LunaticSynapseLunaticSynapse United States Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239719Members
    When should I expect an update fixing this unplayable glitch? :(

While trying to save the game lagged out. I was still able to move and interact with my base and vehicles. Everything else stopped loading though and actually eventually disappeared, leaving my world completely empty except for my base and vehicles. After about 30 minutes of waiting for the save to finish I finally just had to dashboard quit the game, it wouldn't even let me quit normally.

Now the game tries to sync and fails, creating a 1.4KB save that is nothing and does not allow me to play. It also does not allow me to delete the cloud save as normal from the "manage game" menu on the Xbox.

I play on a new Xbox One S and have spent over 12 hours total speaking with Xbox completing every single troubleshooting option they claim to have available, and they assure me that it has nothing to do with them and they "know" you are currently fixing this bug (which I don't really buy, I have been flat out lied to by Xbox multiple times) or my Xbox.

It is literally preventing me from getting past the intro screen. I understand that this is a game preview, and I understand the connotations of such. However, at this point I do not have a game. I have an intro screen. If this cannot be remedied sometime soon I would very much just like my money back. If it is fixed at a later date I can decide whether or not I want to purchase it. Again I understand this is a game preview, but I no longer have a game preview, I have an intro screen :(

P.S. I would MUCH rather have this fixed I was having fun and would very much like to play the game.
  • beasttime93beasttime93 Join Date: 2018-04-18 Member: 240158Members
    edited April 2018
    ... well you guys got it out and now we have multiple bugs I've been playing for about 2 weeks maybe 3 and I'm getting bug after bug which sucks because the computer verson is apparently really flippen good but the version for the xbox1 is just glitchy slow loading and difficult to play when i glitch into walls all the time. Also difficult when i have to stop moving with a laviathan near me so the land will load so i don't glitch into wreckage also the maps? Are we ever going to get them back? Would be helpful for new players (like me) who can't find certain areas of the game)
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    Hi Beast Time 93, I've been playing Subnautica, for a while now, and have never had access to maps. Yet I'm able to access all areas of the game, once I've acquired the appropriate plans to modify my vehicles. The game points you in the right direction to move the story forward, all you have to do is explore.
    Now since update 84, I've seen a major improvement in how the game plays, yes frame rate can be an issue sometimes, but otherwise, it's beautiful. But I hear this a lot, some players seem to have issues others don't, I seem to be one of the lucky ones who's issues are only minor.
  • sticky_joesticky_joe Join Date: 2018-06-29 Member: 241786Members
    Hello. Bought the game few days ago and really like it. The biggest problem though is the awful draw distance, also it's the worst performing game I've ever played. Hopefully it will be fixed, if not you should take it off the console. Shame though, besides Quill Lake on Roblox I don't know of any other underwater exploration games out there.