PSA: Anyone who has had crashes, that would like to share their saved game with the devs, READ:

13»

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    You are correct, they are going to finish up the new features and then optimize the entire thing before release.

I jolly well hope so, except I can't see this game being ready for release for at least another 6-12 months. :disappointed:
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Well, here's the icing on the cake: After the story and assets are at a bare minimum for v1.0, they'll have to fix bugs, and I *think* the longer that takes, the longer the rest of the team can add more stuff to v1.0, so long as it doesn't introduce bugs. The smart move would be to have the rest of the team that doesn't bug fix working on a post - v1.0 patch, while v1.0 is being made squeaky clean. Once v1.0 is released, they then focus on the patch, and a month or two after v1.0 (July?) they then have a huge, amazing patch ready for the game.
  • OriginalCosmosOriginalCosmos United States Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235571Members
    edited January 2018
    My issue is a little different. I was playing earlier, my PC crashed and when I got back on the game my saved data was damaged. I have tried many different methods of fixing this to no avail. I have been playing this game non-stop after waiting a year for the game to leave Early Access. Since it's final release I have logged over 20hrs onto the save and I am really hoping I can get it fixed some how because I don't think I can get myself to start fresh after all the time put into it over the last few days. Anyways here is my saved data folder for anyone that can help or offer suggestions, anything would be greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XEZeL2JRsJxKASjkByWdfmfQmLdt4Ujs
    Try clearing your cache, those files are semi-expendable (only thing reset will be doors and loot will re-appear).

Basically, these are your core game files:
    Make sure you do not delete the following four files sitting directly in the slot00xx folder:
    • gameinfo.json
    • global-objects.bin
    • scene-objects.bin
    • screenshot.jpg (<- that's the little thumbnail showing you a preview of the save when you go to load)

Clear everything except for them. Can you load now?
  • OriginalCosmosOriginalCosmos United States Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235571Members
    No it still does not work. I think I made it worse earlier when I tried to fix it on my own. At first, it just said "Save Damaged" with a place holder picture icon. Now it loads a blank world/empty world. Unless you have other ideas, I am pretty sure I am gonna have to restart. I thought to myself to back up my data but I didn't so rip I guess. Well I am gonna have to wait a few months before I can start over again.
    I loaded those 4 files up and Yeah, blank world. Did you try copying a new file over from a fresh new save or something?

If this happens in the future, before touching anything, do a chkdsk on your drive - from an Admin command prompt (Win + X, then press A):
    chkdsk c: /f

(replace C with whatever letter Subnautica is installed to)
    Alright well thanks for your time/help. It's mostly my fault because of my messed up PC. It likes to turn itself off sometimes and it happened while I was saving which is probably why it got damaged in the first place. And my GPU has a coil whine :|. That's what I get for putting off the maintenance on my PC. I learned the hard way this time to always back up my save after each session.